• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I was at the game!

Wurider05

We whipped the Lakers plain and simple. I can just hear ESPN talking about Kobe's injury but he looked fine to me. He wasn't limping or walking gingerly. We beat them plan and simple. The crowd was about 60-40 in favor of the Hawks. Smoove spent the pregame shootaround shooting 3's and long jumpers with Mark Price!! I am sitting there like WTF!!!!

Smoove will never learn. Thats why he will never be the All Star that he should be.

We whipped the Lakers plain and simple. I can just hear ESPN talking about Kobe's injury but he looked fine to me. He wasn't limping or walking gingerly. We beat them plan and simple. The crowd was about 60-40 in favor of the Hawks. Smoove spent the pregame shootaround shooting 3's and long jumpers with Mark Price!! I am sitting there like WTF!!!!

So let me get this straight, you don't like it that he is trying to improve his jump shot. Mo Evans literally had range within 7 feet of the basket but has made himself into a respectable 3 point shooter. Without his improved shot, Evans would probably be out of the league by now. Not saying Smith's jumper will solidify itself but he's still young and trying to improve the weakest area of his game and hopefully his ball handling.

I think the point he's trying to make is Smoove shouldn't be practicing 3s. When he's practicing 3s in warmups under the tutelage of the shooting coach it probably encourages him to take them during the game.

Not a good idea.

Edited by gsuteke

So let me get this straight, you don't like it that he is trying to improve his jump shot. Mo Evans literally had range within 7 feet of the basket but has made himself into a respectable 3 point shooter. Without his improved shot, Evans would probably be out of the league by now. Not saying Smith's jumper will solidify itself but he's still young and trying to improve the weakest area of his game and hopefully his ball handling.

No, i dont like the fact he is trying to improve his jumpshot.

Mo Evans can either hit a 3 or a layup. He has no midrange jumper at all.

Smoove's weakest area is the fact that he doesnt want to play to his strengths. Lets get attacking, finishing and rebounding down before we talk about 16ft plus jump shots.

Then instead of shooting 3 and jumpers at warm ups he should be shooting FTs. Lets hit at least 75% of our FTs before we think about jumpers and 3 pt shots.

SMoove should be practicing free throws instead of 3's! He bricked another one tonite. He will NEVER learn.

We're down to the stretch run, and Smoove's game still hasn't changed. It's apparent the coaching staff is ok with the fact he's still chucking jumpers, so he might as well practice them. It's a glaring weakness of his, and if shooting long shots is a part of his game, he better work on it.