• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Did you catch....

Diesel

• Premium Member

How pissed Nique got when Smoove jacked up that 3 pter in the third? Fortunately, Smoove hustled and blocked the shot right after that, but I could feel Nique cursing. The broadcast went silent.

How pissed Nique got when Smoove jacked up that 3 pter in the third? Fortunately, Smoove hustled and blocked the shot right after that, but I could feel Nique cursing. The broadcast went silent.

I'm sure he couldn't have been more pissed than every 2 guard he ever played with felt every time he drove without looking to kick out for an open j. Seriously, I love the guy, but he's not one who should criticize shot selection.

When Woody benches Bibby for his defense, then we can complain about Smoove attempting a three.

We didn't hire Bibby for his defense.

The whole world (except for Josh) know Smith shouldn't be shooting 3's. I bet Zaza would hit them at a better percentage than Smoove, but you NEVER see Zaza jacking up 3's, do you? Know why? He has a brain inside that melon head! :)

• Moderators
When Woody benches Bibby for his defense, then we can complain about Smoove attempting a three.

Bibby cannot ever be a great defender. You don't get anything worthwhile out of complaining about him not being 6'8'' either.

Josh Smith can exercise decent shot selection, in contrast. That just takes focus and discipline from him.

Josh Smith can exercise decent shot selection, in contrast. That just takes focus and discipline from him.

It's called "doing what's best for the team". Zaza learned that lesson last year when Al became the starter and he and the team are now better for it. Josh wants to dribble and shoot bombs because he obviously likes to do that. Hustling, rebounding and playing good D aren't as fun. It's as simple as that. I think giving Josh that big contract only fed into this. It's sad that when he goes out and Zaza comes in, we don't lose much.

It's called "doing what's best for the team". Zaza learned that lesson last year when Al became the starter and he and the team are now better for it. Josh wants to dribble and shoot bombs because he obviously likes to do that. Hustling, rebounding and playing good D aren't as fun. It's as simple as that. I think giving Josh that big contract only fed into this. It's sad that when he goes out and Zaza comes in, we don't lose much.

It boils down to coaching. He's given the freedom to do what he pleases out on the court. Smoove, eventually, was going to get paid. It was a matter of time before he got a lucrative contract. Now that he has his money, I don't think he's adopted a "I don't care about the team attitude". I believe he genuinely wants to win, however the coaching staff does not reiterate to him that his decision making negatively affects the team. Smoove's decision making reflects on Woody. If there are no penalties for his play, he's going to keep doing what he's doing. The team is doing well. In his eyes, if ain't broke, dont fix it.

• Moderators
It boils down to coaching. He's given the freedom to do what he pleases out on the court. Smoove, eventually, was going to get paid. It was a matter of time before he got a lucrative contract. Now that he has his money, I don't think he's adopted a "I don't care about the team attitude". I believe he genuinely wants to win, however the coaching staff does not reiterate to him that his decision making negatively affects the team. Smoove's decision making reflects on Woody. If there are no penalties for his play, he's going to keep doing what he's doing. The team is doing well. In his eyes, if ain't broke, dont fix it.

I agree. To take what someone said one step further, Woody would not put up with Zaza launching a 3 at any point in the game much less a crucial 4th quarter possession. Smoove's shooting has gotten so bad that its not understandable why Woody would allow that.

It is interesting that Smoove's shooting is so much worse than last season. I think they've messed with his mechanics or something. I love Mark Price and all but I can't tell that his instruction is making a difference with anyone on the team. I'm not blaming him, its just not working for Smoove for whatever reason.

It is interesting that Smoove's shooting is so much worse than last season. I think they've messed with his mechanics or something. I love Mark Price and all but I can't tell that his instruction is making a difference with anyone on the team. I'm not blaming him, its just not working for Smoove for whatever reason.

Maybe the basketball gods are telling Smoove that he shouldnt be shooting long jumpers.

It boils down to coaching. He's given the freedom to do what he pleases out on the court.

Woody and Josh have had several public arguements. Two times Josh was suspended by the Woody. I am sure his outside shooting is at the center of the disputes along with his whiney attitude.

I have seen Woodson yank Josh several times this year for hacking up a three at the wrong time.

Josh will go 4 games without shooting a 3 and then in some game, out of no where, he will decide to jack up 2 or 3.

Edited by coachx

Woody and Josh have had several public arguements. Two times Josh was suspended by the Woody. I am sure his outside shooting is at the center of the disputes along with his whiney attitude.

I have seen Woodson yank Josh several times this year for hacking up a three at the wrong time.

Josh will go 4 games without shooting a 3 and then in some game, out of no where, he will decide to jack up 2 or 3.

Just like a child or a dog, Josh has learned how much he can get away with. If he hits that first 3, that gives him liscence to take one more. Woody needs to be more exact and direct with Josh and have him stick to the plan. I really believe Woody has secretly agreed to leave Josh alone. If you watch the team during timeouts, Josh doesn't even pay any attention to what Woody is saying. The rest of the team will be sitting there listening and Josh will be off to the side doing something else. Very odd.

Just like a child or a dog, Josh has learned how much he can get away with. If he hits that first 3, that gives him liscence to take one more. Woody needs to be more exact and direct with Josh and have him stick to the plan. I really believe Woody has secretly agreed to leave Josh alone. If you watch the team during timeouts, Josh doesn't even pay any attention to what Woody is saying. The rest of the team will be sitting there listening and Josh will be off to the side doing something else. Very odd.

I need to go to some games so I can see the stuff the cameras do not pick up..............Josh complaining away from the ball and how his body language during timeouts.

Edited by coachx