• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why Woody loves Bibby

jerrywest

Bibby never plays a good game or a bad game. He plays the exact same game everyday. Some days his shots fall and some days it doesn't. Whether it falls or not rarely encourages him to shoot more or less. Rest of his game rarely fluctuates. The fact that he is on autopilot is one of the reasons Woody, himself on autopilot most of the time, likes him so much.

Bibby never plays a good game or a bad game. He plays the exact same game everyday. Some days his shots fall and some days it doesn't. Whether it falls or not rarely encourages him to shoot more or less. Rest of his game rarely fluctuates. The fact that he is on autopilot is one of the reasons Woody, himself on autopilot most of the time, likes him so much.

Too bad he can't play in the big games though,

• Premium Member
Too bad he can't play in the big games though,

He had an OK game but lets wait until the playoffs before crowning him.

He did pretty well yesterday.

Yes he did (I was being sarcastic).

He had an OK game but lets wait until the playoffs before crowning him.

You crack me up man. Bibby has been $$$ his whole career in big games and the playoffs. You are obviously too young to remember when Sac was in the playoffs but I can assure you (as can anyone else here over 25) Bibby has never been accused of anyone outside of Anti-Bibby land of not stepping it up in big games. That, my young hater, is a fact. You can hate his D, you can hate he's not a traditional PG, you can hate his skip but one thing that you have absolutley no grounds to hate is his big game ability.

I think Bibby has been more of a coach than Woody. He's given leadership and the other guys respect him. He is showing his age and that should impact his next contract.

The good thing about a player like Bibby is that his age shouldn't affect his game as much as a player who relies on pure athleticism. Bibby is a leader and a shooter neither of those two things will decline very sharply. That's also why I like having Joe as our go-to-guy. Joe's age isn't going to affect his game as much as most, including Kobe and Lebron. While JJ will never been as elite as those two I'm willing to bet he has a longer productive career. Especially if Lebron doesn't develop that consistant killer jump-shot.