• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who should be resigned.

Diesel

Who should be resigned in the offseason.  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

JJ still has some good years of his prime left, and I think he deserves to fill out a career in Atlanta as an all-time Hawk. Horford is poised to make a big leap and become a huge cornerstone for us, so he has to be tendered and extension. Flip Murray has been nothing short of fantastic for us this year and has earned another couple years. Zaza is a great commodity off the bench, and he is the grit on the team.

• Premium Member

So the most important resigns (according to Hawksquawk) are:

Joe, Rio, Zaza, and Flip.

I don't know if I reup Joe just yet.. .BUT... I would rather make Joe Happy now than risk him walking next offseason.

I would offer Marvin somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 yrs., $45M.

You are by the far the best "captologist" on the board.

Could you give us a "what if scenerio" of the luxury tax situation if our free agents signed deals in the neighborhood of:

Marvin 5 years at $45 mill

Bibby 4 years at $32 mill

ZaZa 4 years at $22 mill

Flip at 2 years $8 to $10 mill

West - league minimum

Solo - league minimum

I know its alot of work but would shed some reality on our situation so people can have more informed opinions.

I am pretty sure my estimates are off for 2009 - 2010:

JJ $15 mill

Smith $10 mill

Marvin $9 mill

Bibby $8 mill

ZaZa $5.5 mill

Speedy $5 mill

Horford $5 mill

Flip $4.5 mill

Mo $2.5 mill

Law $2.5 mill

Pick #19 $2 mill

Solo $800 K

West $800 K

Morris

equals $71.5 mill.................very close to the expected luxury tax threshold

All that can work for 2009-2010

Then comes JJ raise in 2010 ................Speedy, Mo, and Morris would fall off the books the year JJ's contract is up to give us about a $8.25 mill in cap relief.

I know I am making some mistakes.

Help me out Mr. Honline.

Edited by coachx

New question:

How much do you offer:

Joe

Zaza

Rio

Flip

And what do we do for PG?

ZaZa $5.5 mill per (4 years)

Rio - league minimum / $800 K (1 year)

Flip - $4.5 mill to $5mill (2 years)

Bibby - $8 mill (4 years tops)

JJ - undecided...........shine in the playoffs and show us your worth !

• Premium Member
Could you give us a "what if scenerio" of the luxury tax situation if our free agents signed deals in the neighborhood of:

Speedy

Law

JJ

Evans

Smith

Horford

Morris

1st round pick

2nd round pick

That's 9 players for approximately $43M. Based on early luxury tax projections, you should have around $26M to spend under the luxury tax.

You should expect another 5 or 6 players. Based on the salaries for the 6 players you listed, the Hawks would likely be just under the luxury tax.

Keep in mind that Claxton could be traded for two (or more) players with smaller salaries, making the luxury tax less of an issue...

• Premium Member
I would offer Marvin somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 yrs., $45M.

I would let the market decide Marvin's value. Let him bring in a deal that big. I doubt he could do it. Especially in this financial time. He just is too much of a nonimpact player to be giving 9 mil per year to.

My range is between 6.0 and 8.0.

You know Shane Battier and Ron Artest don't make 9 per.

As a 22, 5.4, and 2.7 Sf, shooting 48% from the field and 38.7% from 3.. Corey Maggette only got 9.6 Mil per.

I say let the league decide.

I would let the market decide Marvin's value. Let him bring in a deal that big. I doubt he could do it. Especially in this financial time. He just is too much of a nonimpact player to be giving 9 mil per year to.

My range is between 6.0 and 8.0.

You know Shane Battier and Ron Artest don't make 9 per.

As a 22, 5.4, and 2.7 Sf, shooting 48% from the field and 38.7% from 3.. Corey Maggette only got 9.6 Mil per.

I say let the league decide.

Most definately. That is how you do restricted free agents. Mr Honline is pretty up on the contract stuff...........I bet that is the max offer he would match. No need bidding against yourself.