• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What players on the Hawks need to be resigned after this year?

JackB1

• Premium Member
resigning Bibby is the opposite of a must. We must NOT resign that one trick pony.

I think we should test the waters and see what's out there. If we can get Felton, I like that idea. He's a push the pace PG who will try to drive the lane and score. That's what our offense needs with all the finishers we have.

I think our biggest decisions this offseason are:

What do we do with Bibbs.

What do we do with Marvin?

What do we do with Chillz?

I think either renounce or resign or trade are our choices. Right now, there's no loyalty for any of them. My loyalty is with what's best for the Hawks. We are at a point where we need to show Joe the money and more importantly show Joe a team. That means, i wouldn't be against going after a big who can score like Bosh or even Boozer (under the right conditions). That means that I wouldn't be against trying to get a young star like Green or Young. Nor am I resigned to keeping the pick. I think for Sund, this is the most important moment for the future of the Hawks. I hope he doesn't f0-0- this up.

I think our biggest decisions this offseason are:

What do we do with Bibbs.

What do we do with Marvin?

What do we do with Chillz?

I think either renounce or resign or trade are our choices. Right now, there's no loyalty for any of them. My loyalty is with what's best for the Hawks. ...

Agreed...as to a previous argument about Horford getting a max contract - lol - what a silly thing to say. AH has proven that as a PF he can hang with half the league's centers. Doesn't make him a top level center...and actually it doesn't make him a top level PF since we haven't seen him much there against top level PFs.

As far as the Bibbster goes - we would have to resign him at a much lower salary...as far as Marvin goes - I doubt many teams are lining up to bid on his arse.

Don't get me wrong - AL is a keeper IMHO...but to what level will he get and at what position? Typical BK tweener...except AH is a player and has some serious guts.

....as far as Bibby goes, he will have to take a serious pay cut. As far as Marvin goes...I doubt there are a bunch of teams lining up to sign him...so I would play it out because Marvin - when healthy - can play good D and hit jumpers.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Refusing to break up our team?? It's hard to imagine any of our players leaving because it fits like a puzzle for the first time in a decade. But it's a puzzle that will only get us a 4 seed in the East. We would be a consistent playoff bound team with our current setup, but never a true contender. If we don't get a true big, we'll continue to get murdered in the paint.

We are paying two PF big bucks and asking one of them to be a 5. Can we rotate Al back to PF in a way where we can afford to go get a real big?? . . . . . uh oh, sounds like someone is suggesting restructuring that involves ridding Atlanta of Josh Smith. I know it sounds insane (probably is), but you have to give up big things to get big things. With the amount of money that would save us, we could pick up a dominant big man and change the face of Hawks basketball for years to come.

Anyone think I'm insane?? I just might be. But we all know Horford isn't a true center and we get murdered in the paint because of it.