• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe, Bibby, Horford could have stayed home...

tgunzz

and saved the Hawks on airfare.

Ok, Joe had an off night (he's allowed a few here and there), but Bibby and Horford have been regressing resently. They were both as bad on offense as they were defensively. This was a game that the Hawks should have had won, but its tough when your "leaders" don't show up to play. This was a game lost purely due to the lack of motivation and hustle. We can't be considered serious playoff contenders if our intensity and focus (particularlly on the road) is determined by the name of the team we are playing or the mood of our leaders. Maybe they need to be slapped around before the road games like boxers before a big fight.

Edited by tgunzz

• Premium Member
and saved the Hawks on airfare.

Ok, Joe had an off night (he's allowed a few here and there), but Bibby and Horford have been regressing resently. They were both as bad on offense as they were defensively. This was a game that the Hawks should have had won, but its tough when your "leaders" don't show up to play. This was a game lost purely due to the lack of motivation and hustle. We can't be considered serious playoff contenders if our intensity and focus (particularlly on the road) is determined by the name of the team we are playing or the mood of our leaders. Maybe they need to be slapped around before the road games like boxers before a big fight.

You can talk trash about Joe and AL but you better not say a word about Lord Bibby. The man has 9 assist total in his last 4 games. What do you people want from he?

How can anyone knock his production.

76ers = 0 Assist

LAl = 3 Assist

Celtics = 2 Assist

Spurs = 4 Assist

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Bibby was never a world beater for us, but he has been better than this recent stretch of games since the flu. There has to be something wrong, he's playing like Ty Lue right now. And Al is getting banged like an old drum down low and he is not banging back. He may need a pacifer.

What gives????

They are better than this!!!

Come on Woody... get into their a##.

Bibby was never a world beater for us, but he has been better than this recent stretch of games since the flu. There has to be something wrong, he's playing like Ty Lue right now. And Al is getting banged like an old drum down low and he is not banging back. He may need a pacifer.

What gives????

They are better than this!!!

Come on Woody... get into their a##.

The whole flu thing was over a month ago. That doesn't count as an excuse anymore.

Bibby relies heavily on long range shots so he is bound to be inconsistent.

JJ is dominating the ball too much. He has more talent around him this year than he ever has but it seems like he is spending more time dribbling this year than ever. That doesn't make sense.

Horford hasn't shown any real progress on offense at all.

Joe & Al have been REAL bad as of late. They have definitely picked an inopportune time to start slacking off. They had better find their game before the playoffs start. We might lose out on the 4 seed if they continue to stink like this.

As for Bibby...well, he's basically showing how streaky he can be. And once again, the ugly demon rears its head: I've said this before, and I'll say it again: If Joe OR Bibby are off, we probably lose. If Joe AND Bibby are off, we ALWAYS lose.

JJ and Bibby scared to attack the basket. Thats the problem. They just keep shooting jumper after jumper. Dude even Lebron attacks when his jumper is off. These dudes think they are Jordan from outside. I mean they shoot either 3s or Long *ss jumpers.

Joe needs to perfect that baby floater in the lane to get him going. If i was coach i would tell Joe "Joe your first 3 shots need to come in the lane."

I would tell Bibby but he cant get by any guards in the league. Only thing you can do with Bibby is the pick and roll but if his jumper is no good then other teams not gonna respect the pick and roll.

JJ and Bibby scared to attack the basket. Thats the problem. They just keep shooting jumper after jumper. Dude even Lebron attacks when his jumper is off. These dudes think they are Jordan from outside. I mean they shoot either 3s or Long *ss jumpers.

Joe needs to perfect that baby floater in the lane to get him going. If i was coach i would tell Joe "Joe your first 3 shots need to come in the lane."

I would tell Bibby but he cant get by any guards in the league. Only thing you can do with Bibby is the pick and roll but if his jumper is no good then other teams not gonna respect the pick and roll.

Agreed. Joe + that floater shot = almost unbeatable. It's very rare that he attempts that shot and either misses or doesn't get fouled. Idk why he doesn't use it more, especially since his jumpshooting has been awful lately.

Bibby relies heavily on long range shots so he is bound to be inconsistent.

JJ is dominating the ball too much. He has more talent around him this year than he ever has but it seems like he is spending more time dribbling this year than ever. That doesn't make sense.

Horford hasn't shown any real progress on offense at all.

This offense requires the PG to hang and wait for open long range shots. Give the ball up early in the offense and run to an open spot. All the PG on the team do it.

One thing that Bibby does quite well is run the pick and roll. The problem is that the coach doesn't value that play in his offense. This would def help Horford and Smoove with easy baskets.

JJ played 42 minutes but only shot the ball 9 times. What gives ?

Bibby was 1 -7 on 3's. We all know he is uselss on nights like that.

Horford at least has a good exuse. Foul trouble happens, to a center, against a team full of slashers and it limited him to 22 minutes. In the time he was on the floor he was ssolid though with 8 renounds and 3 blocks.

We need a true center. Horford would rock at PF (but Josh runs that right now), but he isn't a true center. If we got a dominant center and a coach that would utilize that, we would be elite in the east. We're only successful now because it's the east and you don't need a center out here.

Ok, so tossing an aging Bibby to the door, getting JJ to utilize the skill around him (and in him), and finding a coach that runs something other than iso would help us immensely. But having a dominant center to run the paint could rise us to the elite in the league. . . . I'm just sayin.