• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Games like this make me not want to re-sign Bibby....

bumpyphish1

Guys, I don't think we can seriously expect it is even rational to turn the team over to Speedy even in a reserve role. To count on anything from him is ludicrous. When does his contract expire - end of next season? Maybe we can deal his expiring at the deadline next season for something. Otherwise, we are eating his contract. End of discussion.

Sekou posted on the draft and mentioned that we might consider a PG like Jonny Flynn or Eric Maynor at 19. Surely just conjecture at this point, but maybe we draft a PG, add a big via FA and let Acie have the team? Maybe do all that and still re-sign Bibby affordably? I donno.

I also forgot to mention that Bibby disappeared in the series last year vs. the Celtics and is a horrible matchup against many EC PG's we will be seeing regularly over the next several season (Rondo, D. Harris, Rose, J. Nelson etc.) When you think about it, Bibby disappears anytime we play a marquee team, with last Sunday vs. the Lakers being the only exception I think of.....

Edited by bumpyphish1

• Premium Member

Notice how every opposing team's game plans is to "go at Bibby". There is no question the rest of the NBA knows that Bibby a horrible defender so the market for his services is extremely limited. The best option at the point would be to try a combination of Speedy and Acie with Acie getting the bulk of the minutes.

At the point the only acceptable role for Bibby as a Hawk would be coming off the bench as momentum changer on offense.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Chris Broussard on NBA Fastbreak a couple nights ago was talking about all the upcoming FA's and was saying that in large part due to the poor economy and the fact that the league salary cap is actually going to drop from 62 to 59 million that Bibby would probably not be able to get much more than the mid-level exemption. He also said that Marvin as a RFA is probably going to see the same treatment that Josh got and will probably have to accept a qualifying offer.

Chris Broussard on NBA Fastbreak a couple nights ago was talking about all the upcoming FA's and was saying that in large part due to the poor economy and the fact that the league salary cap is actually going to drop from 62 to 59 million that Bibby would probably not be able to get much more than the mid-level exemption. He also said that Marvin as a RFA is probably going to see the same treatment that Josh got and will probably have to accept a qualifying offer.

If it does play out that way it would be music to Sund's ears. Bibby for $5 - $6 mill would be sweet.

Marvin's back injury has probably hurt his free agency stock a little bit.

I do think Flip, Law, and a 1st round PG can handle the PG position next year...if that is the route they choose to take. With any luck either Law or the 1st rounder will step up and show they can lead the team long term. With no luck they would at least defend the PG position much better. Flip can continue playing the 6th man combo guard role he is so good at.

I'm really hoping Bibby gets on a little 4 game tear where his shot is falling. Its not like we are pulling for the guy to fail it just plain as day he is a one dimensional player. His greatest asset may be what he brings off the court and in the locker room............He would be a solid vet PG to bring off the bench down the road. His starting days, due to he defensive defencies may soon be over.

If it does play out that way it would be music to Sund's ears. Bibby for $5 - $6 mill would be sweet.

Marvin's back injury has probably hurt his free agency stock a little bit.

I do think Flip, Law, and a 1st round PG can handle the PG position next year...if that is the route they choose to take. With any luck either Law or the 1st rounder will step up and show they can lead the team long term. With no luck they would at least defend the PG position much better. Flip can continue playing the 6th man combo guard role he is so good at.

I'm really hoping Bibby gets on a little 4 game tear where his shot is falling. Its not like we are pulling for the guy to fail it just plain as day he is a one dimensional player. His greatest asset may be what he brings off the court and in the locker room............He would be a solid vet PG to bring off the bench down the road. His starting days, due to he defensive defencies may soon be over.

Heck yeah! This close to the playoffs, we're going to need his scoring. It's true he's a one dimensional player, we need that one dimension of his game to be "on" this time of year!!!