• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Iverson whining about being on the bench

• Admin

He always says that he is a team player but now he is saying that he would rather retire then come off the bench.

Dude you are paid millions and millions of dollars. You should just shut and play the role that is designated for you.

You are not the player you use to be and the first step is for you to admit that.

He always says that he is a team player but now he is saying that he would rather retire then come off the bench.

Dude you are paid millions and millions of dollars. You should just shut and play the role that is designated for you.

You are not the player you use to be and the first step is for you to admit that.

This coming off a 1-8 shooting night.

As much as I admire A.I.'s passion for competition, he's gotta realize that he just won't be a starter on any playoff caliber team, not with the way he plays.

But if that's how he really feels...it's best for him to retire then, because nobody's gonna pick him up as a starter, unless he goes to one of the bottom-of-the-barrel teams, which A.I. is not gonna do because I'd hate to hear him whine about losing.

• Premium Member
As much as I admire A.I.'s passion for competition, he's gotta realize that he just won't be a starter on any playoff caliber team, not with the way he plays.

But if that's how he really feels...it's best for him to retire then, because nobody's gonna pick him up as a starter, unless he goes to one of the bottom-of-the-barrel teams, which A.I. is not gonna do because I'd hate to hear him whine about losing.

I disagree.

I was thinking about it and if we have money in the offseason, he'd be a great replacement for Bibby. He's a OG who can play defense and attack the basket. He would fit so well with our guys. I would rather have Felton, but if he's available, he would be a guy who could play beside Joe and offer our offense the ability to break down a defense (finally).

• Admin
I disagree.

I was thinking about it and if we have money in the offseason, he'd be a great replacement for Bibby. He's a OG who can play defense and attack the basket. He would fit so well with our guys. I would rather have Felton, but if he's available, he would be a guy who could play beside Joe and offer our offense the ability to break down a defense (finally).

I don't remember when Iverson played D. He would be an absolute terrible pickup for us.

Iverson on the Hawks would be a mess. If there's one thing you can say about this current team, it's this: They're unselfish (well, except for Flip Murray at the end of any quarter but the 4th.). Iverson would pretty much wreck that trend. Plus, like capstone said, the man plays defense like Yao makes threes.

He'd be a good offensive fit, but that's about it.

• Moderators
He'd be a good offensive fit, but that's about it.

I don't see how he would be a good offensive fit. He is an inefficient shooter - worse than all five of our starters and most of our bench. He dominates the ball too much on offense. That is already a problem of our offense and not something I would want to encourage with Iverson on our roster. At least this is not a problem with Bibby who keeps the ball moving. I do think that coming off the bench with our reserves he could do a fine job in a Flip Murray role but he obviously could not handle a limited role like that mentally and emotionally and frankly Flip does a better job this season in that role than Iverson and is a lot cheaper and lower maintenance.

Props to Dumars for sitting Iverson for the rest of the season after mouthing off. the funny thing is that while he was out Iverson said he would have no problem coming off the bench.

I hope Dumars just renounces his rights and lets Iverson try to find a contract on his own this summer without any snt possiblities. Iverson would get a rude awakening.