• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I just found out something... good team def beats 1-on-1 offense.

tgunzz

This is ridculous. How does Woody run his practice?... Ok guys lets practice an hour and 45 minutes on our switching defense, 10 mins of free throw shooting, and 5 mins on our iso offense.

This can't be the way a professional nba coach runs a practice, can it? He has to be teaching offensive sets, right?

The way the Hawks run offense, we will never beat any team that makes a commitment to play team defense. Never! You know those teams I'm talking about... the ones that make the playoffs.

I have to believe that Woodrow is teaching offensive sets to his team. If so, that means either:

(1) The plays aren't very good

(2) The players don't commit to running the offense.

(3) The coach scraps the plays when things get tight

The answer may be all of the above but I really believe that its (2). You can just see off ball screens not being set, no movement without the ball, pounding the ball, not passing out of double teams, not passing to cutting teamates, and not swing the ball to move the def. These are all player controlled.

Although, I don't blame the players as much as I do the coach for not forcing the players to run the offense. Sit their a**es down if they can't run the play. And, yeah Joe can break the offense at times but when he start to pound the ball into submission, he should take a seat on the bench too.

I just don't see any commitment or passion from this team. None! They had better find some soon because the only way their "iso only" offense has a chance is if the players are focused, passionate, and in the zone. Otherwise, we'll see tonight's game over and over again in the playoffs.