• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How fast is Acie really?

mattlanta

• Premium Member

Speed and quickness are two completely different things. Acie has an extremely quick first step which lets him beat most players off the dribble consistently. In terms of raw speed he's probably about average with the rest of NBA PGs, judging by his timed speed in the combine.

I always hear that Acie is the quickest player on the court whenever he plays. Is he really that fast?

If you were to compare him to any player in the NBA in terms of speed, who would it be?

I really don't know - let's combine speed and quickness to S/Q- nobody runs a 40 yard dash in the NBA (except Smoove occasionally when he rebounds on one end and dunks or the other - OR - when he turns it over one one end and blocks the fast break on the other).

As far as S/Q I wouldn't put Acie at the top of the league by any means. I'd say about average for a PG. That's actually a pretty good compliment for Acie since he is really a 1/2 tweener. He certainly can't hang with CP3, TJ Ford, Rondo, or some others. He is probably better at S/Q than many older PGs though. That would include Philly's PG - Andre Miller, Denver's Chauncey Billups, and a few others (Bibby by far - but he's on our team). Still, others have proven that they can bring other attributes to the table.

I would put Acie about mid-pack...S/Q-wise...maybe a little behind mid-pack....he's probably about as fast as Deron...maybe a bit faster...but it doesn't matter....Deron is a MUCH better PG.

Edited by DJlaysitup

He certainly can't hang with CP3, TJ Ford, Rondo, or some others.

yet ALL of those guys have trouble driving passed him and keeping him from driving past them. Isn't that funny? I guess he can hang with them well enough. Chris Paul was having fits and turning the ball over multiple times trying to get passed Acie. Rondo couldn't drive passed him at all in the playoffs then Acie came back down on the other end and drove for a layup.

Edited by Cwell

yet ALL of those guys have trouble driving passed him and keeping him from driving past them. Isn't that funny? I guess he can hang with them well enough. Chris Paul was having fits and turning the ball over multiple times trying to get passed Acie. Rondo couldn't drive passed him at all in the playoffs then Acie came back down on the other end and drove for a layup.

You are delusional about Acie.

I really don't know - let's combine speed and quickness to S/Q- nobody runs a 40 yard dash in the NBA (except Smoove occasionally when he rebounds on one end and dunks or the other - OR - when he turns it over one one end and blocks the fast break on the other).

As far as S/Q I wouldn't put Acie at the top of the league by any means. I'd say about average for a PG. That's actually a pretty good compliment for Acie since he is really a 1/2 tweener. He certainly can't hang with CP3, TJ Ford, Rondo, or some others. He is probably better at S/Q than many older PGs though. That would include Philly's PG - Andre Miller, Denver's Chauncey Billups, and a few others (Bibby by far - but he's on our team). Still, others have proven that they can bring other attributes to the table.

I would put Acie about mid-pack...S/Q-wise...maybe a little behind mid-pack....he's probably about as fast as Deron...maybe a bit faster...but it doesn't matter....Deron is a MUCH better PG.

average? you are being serious?

when he does play, he essentially drives at will even when the other team knows he's not going to shoot....the dude has major quicks..it may not be as quick as tony parker or chris paul but it's definitely up there

Edited by DocHawk