• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Speedy Claxton is mad.

LOL_Hawks

For those who can't see it, Speedy didn't get his passport in time for him to join the team on their road trip to Toronto. According to Speedy, we're only suiting up 11, and apparently he feels that he's healthy enough to play. The whole passport thing was the tipping point, because it led to this:

just got off the phone w my agent told him to tell them that w need to cut ties no need for me to b around here anymore

So yeah.

• Premium Member

Who cares. The guy hasn't played in 2 years and folds like a Styrofoam chair every time he touches a basketball. Why would the owners give him 10 million out of their pockets for him to hit the court and get hurt?

off of Lang Whitaker's twitter:

Ronaldo might be kinda annoying, but damn is he good. RT @JonesOnTheNBA Just started following Speedy Claxton @speeddeamon

Idk about anybody else, but I'm pretty sure Whitaker would know that's the real deal.

just got off the phone w my agent told him to tell them that w need to cut ties no need for me to b around here anymore

If that is all Speedy said then that doesn't bother me much. he doesn't sound mad as much as he seems to be accepting reality.

If he was mad at the Hawks for some reason then i would be pretty pissed. He has no reason to complain about the Hawks who were forced to commit to other players because Speedy couldn't play.

• Premium Member

Hand over the $5.2M you're owed next year, and you have a deal, Craig.

Seriously, why would the Hawks "just release" Claxton at this point? He's not eligible for any one's playoff roster, so he needs to be patient until June or July when he'll be traded.

• Premium Member

Wow. If that's the real Claxton, he confirms that the insurance has been paying for him.

Wouldn't that be fraud if Claxton is healthy???

4/6

these dudes had only 11 people dress out n didnt wanna suit me up.... some fishy s*** going on w the hawks

3/28

wondering if the gonna finally put me n uniform or r they gonna keep being cheap n sit me out so the insurance will keep paying me

time to part ways

gotta find me a new gig

Hand over the $5.2M you're owed next year, and you have a deal, Craig.

Seriously, why would the Hawks "just release" Claxton at this point? He's not eligible for any one's playoff roster, so he needs to be patient until June or July when he'll be traded.

Exactly, screw Craig. The Hawks weren't "Cheap" when they signed him to that contract.

Wow. If that's the real Claxton, he confirms that the insurance has been paying for him.

Wouldn't that be fraud if Claxton is healthy???

Simple solution. Just give him half of JJ's 40 minute for one game, and he'll be out for another year. No insurance can deny that money.

Some of those posts are a bit "unprofessional" if you ask me. Dude is getting paid over 5-mill... he doesnt need to be saying some of that stuff on a public forum (i.e. calling his employers "cheap")

He called them "fools" too.

Some of those posts are a bit "unprofessional" if you ask me. Dude is getting paid over 5-mill... he doesnt need to be saying some of that stuff on a public forum (i.e. calling his employers "cheap")

Yeah some stuff I wouldn't expect someone grown to say.

• Moderators

I agree with the post about Speedy agreeing to walk for nothing if he wants to walk. Or he could go Starbury's route. That worked well.

Seriously, if he wants to walk he can do that at any time. He is getting paid his full salary. He has to make a choice and is pissed because he wants to play but knows he isn't worth anything more than a minimum contract and isn't willing to give up the $$.

If he can contribute I hope we get him on the court but if he can't beat out our current PG rotation then either forego the remaining year and go out on your own or accept your fate to be an expiring contract for the Hawks next year. Sadly, that is probably the most value we can get from him.