• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Falcons trade L. Robinson to Rams

coachx

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/...rams_trade.html

With the way TD drafts I like this deal.

Robinson would have been the 4th reciever, at best, on the Falcons. Moving up 22 picks in the 5th round and moving up 20 picks in the 6th round could pay dividends.

We basically moved from pick 160 to 138 and from 196 to 176.

That equates to the 2nd pick in the 5th round (138) and the 3rd pick in the 6th round (176). We already had the 7th pick in 5th round too (143).

With picks 138, 143, and 176 we may get a suprise ! Its also some ammo to move up in the draft if we so choose. Do not diss these 5th round picks. Remember, Tom Brady was a 5th round pick !

Edited by coachx

This is strange to see to me given that TD viewed him as a 3rd round talent last year and he showed some promise in limited time.

I think you are thinking of Harry Douglass. Robinson was a McKay pick. Robinson showed promise but he seemed to lack toughness and couldn't stay on the field. Its a good trade since Douglass was filling Robinson's role, and Douglass can return punts.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of those 5th round picks gets packaged w/ the third round pick to move up further in the round.

• Moderators
I think you are thinking of Harry Douglass. Robinson was a McKay pick. Robinson showed promise but he seemed to lack toughness and couldn't stay on the field. Its a good trade since Douglass was filling Robinson's role, and Douglass can return punts.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of those 5th round picks gets packaged w/ the third round pick to move up further in the round.

You are right. I was thinking of Douglass.