• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How the *bleep* could we bring back the same bullpen?

If they don't improve Charlie Morton and Jo Jo Reyes may get a call up. There is alwayse Tommy Hanson. He could be the closer for one year and shift Gonzales down to our super lefty match up guy or as the set up guy. (Glavine must prove he can be a 5th starter before Hanson jump starts the bullpen.

Moyer may need to take it easy for another month or 2. Forcing him back early, after surgery, may be back firing.

I guess Campilo beat out Morton and Reyes for one of the last spots. They may need to rething that one.

I have been saying that the bullpen, middle relief for the most part, was going to be our weak link this season (again). Although the loss was quite frustrating, I still wouldn't panic... it's been over a week or so since all of those relievers have pitched. I must also add that having won the series lessens the blow of such a frustrating loss.

The managing was kind of spotty. O'Flaherty pitched 1.1 innings the night before, so in my opinion, we should have put in Bennett or Boyer - instead of managing the game like it was a one or two run game. I was never a fan of O'Flaherty anyways. Which brings me to question (again) why Frank Wren never tried re-signing Will Ohman who was only asking for $2 million (c'mon... we've got to have $2 million lying around somewhere!). He was arguably our best relief pitcher last year and he would have help shored up the bullpen.

With all that said, I would like to see Medlen in the bullpen very soon. I'm still not quite sure who to send down yet, but Medlen has shown that he is ready for the big leagues.