• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hanson/Medlen in the Minors

mattlanta

I wanted to make this topic to keep track of Hanson and Medlen as they pitch their way up to the major leagues. They're in AA (Gwinnet Braves) right now, and today they both pitched in their season debuts. And look how they played...

April 9, 2009

Hanson: 4.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 10 SO's, 0.00 ERA

Medlen: 3.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 SO's, 0.00 ERA

...not bad at all. Hanson only pitched 4.1 innings (probably because he was at his pitch count limit already), but he pitched very well striking out 10 batters.

Like I mentioned in a previous topic, I would like Medlen sent up to the major leagues as soon as possible. A lot of fans are always overlooking him for Tommy Hanson. I hear a lot of people saying they want Hanson in the bullpen... but do they realize we have a very solid prospect in Medlen who is already ready for the major leagues?

I wanted to make this topic to keep track of Hanson and Medlen as they pitch their way up to the major leagues. They're in AA (Gwinnet Braves) right now, and today they both pitched in their season debuts. And look how they played...

April 9, 2009

Hanson: 4.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 10 SO's, 0.00 ERA

Medlen: 3.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 SO's, 0.00 ERA

...not bad at all. Hanson only pitched 4.1 innings (probably because he was at his pitch count limit already), but he pitched very well striking out 10 batters.

Like I mentioned in a previous topic, I would like Medlen sent up to the major leagues as soon as possible. A lot of fans are always overlooking him for Tommy Hanson. I hear a lot of people saying they want Hanson in the bullpen... but do they realize we have a very solid prospect in Medlen who is already ready for the major leagues?

Send them both up. They are both better then Buddy Carlyle, Campillo, Boyer, Moyer............Moyers needs more time to recover from surgery.

So is Medlen a starter ? Did he come in for relief of Hanson or was it a double header ?

Hanson is the real deal. Racking up 10 SO's will give you a high pitch count. He could have easily thrown 50 pitches or more to get those 10 strikeouts......especially if guys were fouling offpitches with 2 strikes.

So the AAA team is starting: Hasnon, Morton, Reyes,............and Medlen ?

Edited by coachx

So is Medlen a starter ? Did he come in for relief of Hanson or was it a double header ?

Hanson is the real deal. Racking up 10 SO's will give you a high pitch count. He could have easily thrown 50 pitches or more to get those 10 strikeouts......especially if guys were fouling offpitches with 2 strikes.

Medlen is a relief pitcher. And Hanson is definitely the real deal, but I just think he's too good to be using in the bullpen especially when we have a prospect that should be ahead of him in terms of being sent up.