• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We have clinched home court

Brotha2ThaNite

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Woodson should definitely rest the starters. Especially Joe Johnson. Our starters should be on limited minutes just so they don't get rusty towards the playoffs... but players like Acie Law, Mario West, and Solomon Jones should get a lot more playing time so we can at least allow them to develop even if it's just a little bit towards the end of the season.

Does he rest players and play the bench more now or does he play them with their high minutes to keep up this good ball playing?

I think keeping the momentum is overated sometimes. Last year, we play like crap and we still push Boston to 7 games. I say rest the starters as much as you can.

I could see why someone would want the Hawks to try to keep the momentum going by beating Miami as a fan...but the reality is that these last two games mean nothing for the Hawks core players(maybe outside of Marvin shaking off the rust)outside of staying healthy. The Hawks lost 3 games in a row going into the playoffs last year but no one remembers those games.

I don't know if it's possible for Miami to clinch the 5th seed before Tuesday,but I can guarantee you that Miami will play Wade very little-if at all if that game has no meaning. I just hope Woodson does the same thing with his key players.

• Premium Member
I don't know if it's possible for Miami to clinch the 5th seed before Tuesday

It's a possibility, but it's also a possibility that Detroit, Chicago, and Philly get closer, too. They've still got some work to do...

You actually think Woody will do something different? Not sure he is that bright.

I think he overplayed the starters last year (toward the season's end) because he's fighting for his job. He probably secured his job for next season, I think, with HCA and a first round win. So he'll definitely rest Joe Johnson... if not, he's just plain ignorant.

Edited by DeerPark

The players need rest. JJ has has said that these come from behind wins takes so much energy to pull off. Since we've run into a few of those lately, I'd say to keep the starters on limited display. I do think, however, that we should beat Miami in the regular season whatever it takes. They've been on a little skid and if that lasts until playofffs, they'll come out weak. D-Wade will always be D-Wade, but if we can shake his supporting cast then we'll be in good shape.