• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Playoff talk.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I would love to see Cleveland get a first round matchup with Chicago.

Possible upset.

People have already handed Cleveland the East, but the truth is Chicago has a great PG (in the making), balance, and a decent bench. IF Deng can do anything... and Noah just shows up defensively, I think Chicago can take Cleveland. Unfortunantly, Chicago is 7th seed and rising. Same applies for a Chicago Boston Series but that doesn't have anything to do with us.

Detroit Cleveland is a different story.

Detroit is a vet team with problems at the SG. However, if the coach can get his mind right for the playoffs. Trust Iverson and play his aging Big Sheed. I think Detroit causes some matchup problems for Cleveland. First Tayshun on Lebron. Tayshun is a better defensive forward. Second, Halmilton/Iverson has to figure out how to be a scoring combo. Neither Ivy or Stuckey are PGs but at least Iverson can look up every now and then. Still, I think the guard play will do Detroit in. Even with an advantage with their bigs.

Philadelphia vs. Orlando could tbe a snore fest.

Can Philly actually shoot with Orlando? Will Philly make Anthony Johnson look like Jason Kidd. Dalembert vs. Howard? I think Philly loses this one on the Arc. Orlando is prone to falling asleep in games and keeping their opponents in it, but with their three point snipers working, I don't see Philly answering. The only chance Philly has is if Thad Young Steps up and plays big. Defensively, he would have to shut down Lewis... and get some help on Turk. Offensively, he needs to be a 20/10 guy every win.

Possible upset.

People have already handed Cleveland the East, but the truth is Chicago has a great PG (in the making), balance, and a decent bench. IF Deng can do anything... and Noah just shows up defensively, I think Chicago can take Cleveland. Unfortunantly, Chicago is 7th seed and rising. Same applies for a Chicago Boston Series but that doesn't have anything to do with us.

Detroit is a vet team with problems at the SG. However, if the coach can get his mind right for the playoffs. Trust Iverson and play his aging Big Sheed. I think Detroit causes some matchup problems for Cleveland. First Tayshun on Lebron. Tayshun is a better defensive forward. Second, Halmilton/Iverson has to figure out how to be a scoring combo. Neither Ivy or Stuckey are PGs but at least Iverson can look up every now and then. Still, I think the guard play will do Detroit in. Even with an advantage with their bigs.

Can Philly actually shoot with Orlando? Will Philly make Anthony Johnson look like Jason Kidd. Dalembert vs. Howard? I think Philly loses this one on the Arc. Orlando is prone to falling asleep in games and keeping their opponents in it, but with their three point snipers working, I don't see Philly answering. The only chance Philly has is if Thad Young Steps up and plays big. Defensively, he would have to shut down Lewis... and get some help on Turk. Offensively, he needs to be a 20/10 guy every win.

You know what bugs me about you Diesel. It's how often I agree with you on most everything that doesn't have M.W. as it's initials. How can I agree with you so much on posts like this one and disagree so much on others.

Edited by thecampster

I think the odds of Lebron NOT playing in the finals is minimal.

We've always known that stars get preferential treatment.

But Lebron at home this season has been ridiculous. I've never seen someone get so many calls.

The guy went 5 games without a single foul the other day, playing almost 40 minutes a game and averaging over a block and a steal per game.

I honestly think that Detroit can beat Cleveland. Too many matchup problems. But the key is going to be Rasheed Wallace. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. The NBA is a game of matchups. Now with all the calls Lebroni James is going to get I can see Rasheed with about 10 technicals before the series is over. I think that Stuckey can cancel out Mo Williams. Matter of fact I am going to call it --DETROIT OVER CLEVELAND!!!!!!

Wurider

Possible upset.

I'm not sure if AI will suit up for Detroit again.

• Premium Member
I honestly think that Detroit can beat Cleveland. Too many matchup problems. But the key is going to be Rasheed Wallace. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. The NBA is a game of matchups. Now with all the calls Lebroni James is going to get I can see Rasheed with about 10 technicals before the series is over. I think that Stuckey can cancel out Mo Williams. Matter of fact I am going to call it --DETROIT OVER CLEVELAND!!!!!!

Wurider

I think Mo Williams has a field day against Detroit. I would love to see Iverson muster up one good playoff performance, but I agree with some that Refs will become a problem for Detroit. The one good thing about Detroit is that they still have Bigs who know how to foul Lebron. It may be ugly, but Sheed and Maxielle must protect that house. I think that they'd do a better job of stopping Lebon's drives than Noah and Miller.

• Premium Member
Chi would play them a very tough series. Wouldn't win, but could take some steam out of them.

Matchup wise, Chicago causes problems. It's a moot point because Chicago just beat Detroit...

But I think Rose is at the point where he's making everybody better. I think Gordon, Salmons is a good scoring 2-3 duo. And even if they have Tim Thomas playing Big Forward, they can still hang with Cleveland. Their strength is that they can decide to play big and put Noah at PF and Miller at C or play offensively with Thomas at PF. There's also Hinrich off the bench.