• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Mario on Wade defensively

Wurider05

I think that Woody may give West more PT in the series against the Heat. He is the only one quick enough to make Wade work on offense. Now where those minutes are going to come from remains a mystery but this kid has got to get some pt. I say 10-15 minutes a night. Hell shave 3 minutes from JJ, Bibby, Flip, and Evans and that will get you 12 minutes right there.

Hawks have had some success against Wade, but I do think that if Wade starts to heat up Woody should throw Mario at him to try and change things. Great team defense is pretty much all that can slow Wade when he gets going, though.

I think that Woody may give West more PT in the series against the Heat. He is the only one quick enough to make Wade work on offense. Now where those minutes are going to come from remains a mystery but this kid has got to get some pt. I say 10-15 minutes a night. Hell shave 3 minutes from JJ, Bibby, Flip, and Evans and that will get you 12 minutes right there.

I agree. West is a good on ball defender and probably our best perimeter defender. He will get PT from Woody. Woody has played him against other good scorers. Wade cant be stopped tho but West would just be a pest out there and try and slow him down a bit. Plus he has 6 fouls to give

Edited by r3drumNYNJ

Woodson should tell rio to play him as well as possible WITHOUT fouling him. Tough order, but if you really want to benefit from rio's D, you can't have him out there sending Wade to the line for twelve FTs. Put him in for spurts, when Wade turns it on, and let him play good, tough D, with a minimum of fouls. Let the team D do the rest.

Miami doesn't have much if you stop DW.

Woodson should tell rio to play him as well as possible WITHOUT fouling him. Tough order, but if you really want to benefit from rio's D, you can't have him out there sending Wade to the line for twelve FTs. Put him in for spurts, when Wade turns it on, and let him play good, tough D, with a minimum of fouls. Let the team D do the rest.

If he files him or not he will still get called for the foul.

• Moderators
If he files him or not he will still get called for the foul.

So have West play some D and hammer Wade when he goes in the lane so at least he will earn the fouls (which we all know are coming when anyone breaths on Wade). I do think the Hawks switching D is actually a good thing against Wade, though.

exactly....play him in spurts to try to slow wade down or at least frustrate him...but west already gets bad calls on him due to not being known, with him playing wade its going to be really difficult.