• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Game Thread: Heat vs. Hawks

ATLSmith

Didn't see a game thread so thought I'd post one.

If the starters get a good amount of play time I'll be looking for Horford to have a big night. He didn't play in our only loss to Miami and he destroyed them in 3rd game.

Not sure how much of an impact Mario will have. He's only played 2 minutes vs the Heat.

• Premium Member
Didn't see a game thread so thought I'd post one.

If the starters get a good amount of play time I'll be looking for Horford to have a big night. He didn't play in our only loss to Miami and he destroyed them in 3rd game.

Not sure how much of an impact Mario will have. He's only played 2 minutes vs the Heat.

Woody didn't sound too keen on playing the starters for extended minutes. At least that's what it said in the AJC today. We'll get a much better look at Solo and Randolph plus Speedy will get some burn.

If Speedy plays, that will be my main focus. Can he stay in front of PGs and still be a disruptive force on the defensive end . . is the question I wanna see. If he can, that has the potential of being an added bonus come playoff time, in an emergency situation.

Mine as well. I'd like to see if there is anything Speedy can contribute come playoff time. I'm not holding my breath. He will be hard pressed to help at all considering he's been watching for two years. Speedy may be able to help us defensively. From what I remember......he was always a decent on the ball defender.

Woody didn't sound too keen on playing the starters for extended minutes. At least that's what it said in the AJC today. We'll get a much better look at Solo and Randolph plus Speedy will get some burn.

Dude, any time Woodson says something in the AJC, expect him to do the opposite. :biggrin:

In all seriousness. This game means nothing and the starters should get around 25-30 minutes.

For some reason I would like to see what Morris can do with 20 minutes. Maybe he'll foul out, or just flat out suck. But maybe he can get some rythm going. That would help us in the playoff series as Miami has no one big enough to contend with Morris' size. More than likely Morris will just flat out be awful, but why not try it?

Oh, I bet the Hawks still win this game as Wade shouldn't get many minutes either.

I hope Speedy plays well tonight, since we have to rest our starters...

Woody just mentioned him on the pregame. But, he said, "Speedy...he's in uniform tonight."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

• Premium Member

Well, good win by the bench.

You know Gardner and Hunter both have potential. In fact, more potential than we have used. Maybe they should have been in the d-league...but Woody dropped the ball with these two.

We will have to be attentive to Beasley and James Jones (outside of Wade).

One of the worst games I have ever seen in person (can't be mad at free tickets), but at least my section was extremely entertaining. I'm used to sitting in the 200's where people are usually pretty laid back. The 300's are where all the insane people sit.

Well, good win by the bench.

You know Gardner and Hunter both have potential. In fact, more potential than we have used. Maybe they should have been in the d-league...but Woody dropped the ball with these two.

We will have to be attentive to Beasley and James Jones (outside of Wade).

1. It would be Sund's job to put anyone in the D-League. There has been an annual failure by our team to use that as a resource for development but Woody can't be blamed for that.

2. I don't know why Hunter and Solo haven't gotten more time this year but I can see why Gardner hasn't played more since even though he can shoot he's about as successful with it as Mario shooting 24% and 19%.