• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What kind of contract do you expect Marvin will command?

gsuteke

Josh Smith got 11 years 55 million last offseason. That was before the economy fully went into the tank.

I think it's safe to speculate Marvin won't command the type of money given to Josh Smith as he isn't as developed at this stage of his career.

Also Marvin's back injury is going to cost him millions IMO, especially if he comes off the bench throughout the playoffs which might be a shrewd move by Woodrow.

The NBA is littered right now with bigger contracts signed by players with less talent than Marvin. I don't think Marvin cashes in though.

What teams will be interested in Marvin that aren't saving up cap space for 2010?

I'm not asking what you believe Marvin to be worth, I'm asking what you think he'll wind up getting from someone (Atlanta included)

At least 7 million (per) for 6 years.

EDIT- Actually, if his back is bad enough to allow the GMs to question his health, he might be getting at least 6 million instead of 7 IMO.

I believe Chillz was expecting significantly more than that, hence he wound up in Greece.

I'm of the belief someone may go as high as 5/45 for Marvin

I think he's worth 5/40 when stacked up against other players, however I don't believe the Hawks should bid against themselves either.

I think Sund played the market quite well with both Smoove and even Chillz this offseason.

Agreed ! Do not bid against yourself. Let Marvin go out and find the best offer and then decide to match.

I don't see anyone offering him more then 5 years at $40 mill................unless he shakes off the rust and really plays well in the playoffs. After all, plenty of players have been overapid after a good playoff series. Case in point look at Dalembert, in Philly. He got his $12 mill per year deal from 1 good series vs. Ben Wallace (at the end of his prime) vs. the Pistons.