The TNT Crew Had All Negative for Hawks/Fantastic!

Highpozt2

I don't have a problem with it. I don't really see how they were "bashing" the Hawks. They basically only give the best of the best props, so who cares? They didn't give Philly any props, either. And while Kenny can definitely be a hater, nothing he said was incorrect. The Hawks do run too much iso and should share the ball more on offense and Nique was the best in game dunker ever. It's no slight to Smith to say Nique was the best dunker ever. Hell, he would've said if someone said LeBron was better than Nique, too.

Nique has basically been retired from the NBA since about 1997.It's time to let it go abit.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nique this and Nique that.

It's old. The guy retired over a decade ago. They should ease off on talking about him some. Her was a really good scorer in a league that's had alot of them.

This is a Hawk forum for Hawks fans in case you didn't notice... Nique is a Hall of Famer... They can talk about him all day, and I would encourage it...

Why shouldn't they talk about Nique... Especially considering Smoove was dunking all over the place... You should know that would bring out Nique references...

Because it's all been ran into the ground. Yes, we know Nique had some dunks and won some slam dunk titles.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Because it's all been ran into the ground. Yes, we know Nique had some dunks and won some slam dunk titles.

Let me put it into a way even you may understand...

Nique is to the Hawks what Bird is to the Celtics...

Get over it... Your jealousy is beginning to show in all of your posts..

• Moderators

Knock off the personal attacks on this thread and just stick to the substance of posts. This is the only warning people are going to get after the debacle on the other thread.

As a word of advice, don't talk about the poster. Talk about the post. I.e., if you think something is stupid or unreasonably negative or positive don't comment about the poster. Comment about the substance of the post.

Knock off the personal attacks on this thread and just stick to the substance of posts. This is the only warning people are going to get after the debacle on the other thread.

As a word of advice, don't talk about the poster. Talk about the post. I.e., if you think something is stupid or unreasonably negative or positive don't comment about the poster. Comment about the substance of the post.

Unreasonably negative... That pretty much sums it up...

Does this come as a surprise?

How many games did we have on TNT this year?

ZERO!

The Studios is in Atlanta but there is no home cooking from TNT, they hate the Hawks.

Bashing a team up 20 points at halftime and bashing a player who has 17 points at halftime, that says all you need to know about their vendetta against the Hawks. Not to mention they gave us the worse possible start time for the game (for those of us who have to wake up early)

ZERO!

The Studios is in Atlanta but there is no home cooking from TNT, they hate the Hawks.

Bashing a team up 20 points at halftime and bashing a player who has 17 points at halftime, that says all you need to know about their vendetta against the Hawks. Not to mention they gave us the worse possible start time for the game (for those of us who have to wake up early)

Exactly, I have seen several post that state the negative comments were accurate. I have no problem with accurate negative statements. What I stated was that they did not say one positive thing (Kenny, Charles, Chris or Ernie) about a team playing tremendous basketball that night. Hawks have to remain intense and get past round one --- If they play like they did Sunday they will be tough even against the better teams, ask the Celtics

• Premium Member
I'm not talking about here. I'm talking about Barkley and such.

You make a good point. I'll try to post the clip later. But I was very surprised that those guys just skipped over the hawks to talk some senseless Nique stuff.

TNT can go to hell.

Some people are still not understanding what some of us are saying in this thread.

We know we run ISOs. We know Josh shouldnt shoot jumpers but TNT staff shouldve been bashing the Heats defense and effort on offense instead of how we run our offense. How can you bash a guy with 17pts at the half and up 20???!!

They were straight up hating on the Hawks and i didnt like it one bit.

They shouldve been talking about how come Miami cant stop our ISOs. They shouldve talked about how Beasly cant play Smoove at PF and he cant play SF. They shouldve been talking about Wades supporting cast. They shouldve been talking about Miami's lack of focus and emotion in that game. But all they could come up with Josh Smith shouldnt shoot Js or anyone can dunk in the NBA. GET FREAKING REAL!!!

If thats not hate i dont know what is. I hope we blow Miami out again so we can see what they say this time.

ZERO!

I've watched the TNT Thursday games every Thursday I'm available too for as long as I've been around. This is what they do. They ALWAYS talk about the flaws in a team. The only teams that get respect from them are the absolute best teams in the NBA. And, even with the BEST teams, they say "They still need to do XYZ to win" and talk about the flaws in THOSE teams. When PHX was a dominant team they talked about how bad they were on defense, even when they were up by 20. Before the playoffs started they were ragging Portland about being a jumpshooting team. Hell, they constantly dog the Orlando Magic for shooting too many jumpers. We are no different, and pretty much everything they said was right. ALL we do is run ISO's and I've been complaining about it all year.

It's way better than the crap ESPN puts on just worshiping all the great players in the NBA while disregarding everything else.

Surprise, anyone see their post game analysis of the Lakers/Jazz? They didn't give props to LAL at all other than saying, they're only winning because they're a better team, but that they've only played one good half. Also said, it's going to catch up to them.

This is what they do. Funny how people get offended when they are just doing what they always do.

• Premium Member
Surprise, anyone see their post game analysis of the Lakers/Jazz? They didn't give props to LAL at all other than saying, they're only winning because they're a better team, but that they've only played one good half. Also said, it's going to catch up to them.

This is what they do. Funny how people get offended when they are just doing what they always do.

I have no problem with criticism from TNT but shouldn't you criticize the team that is down by 20 more? Why would you show the most spectacular plays of the entire playoffs to minimize them by saying anybody in the NBA can dunk if you didn't have an agenda? And please excuse me if I feel that Miami does more isolation with Wade than we do as a team but was this mentioned? No?

The facts are that there were some thing that were done by the Hawk's team as a whole that should have been pointed out like the smothering defense and getting out on the break that were on other sports networks but not included on the TNT highlights which can only be explained by assuming some type of agenda on the part of TNT.

Edited by Peoriabird

• Premium Member

One of the bottom lines here is that we haven't been relevant for so long that all most unaware announcers know is Nique. They are afraid to talk of Bibby, Joe, or Smoove and be wrong.

That is what's going to throw the world into a tizzy when we beat the Cavs...

I have no problem with criticism from TNT but shouldn't you criticize the team that is down by 20 more? Why would you show the most spectacular plays of the entire playoffs to minimize them by saying anybody in the NBA can dunk if you didn't have an agenda? And please excuse me if I feel that Miami does more isolation with Wade than we do as a team but was this mentioned? No?

The facts are that there were some thing that were done by the Hawk's team as a whole that should have be pointed out like the smothering defense and getting out on the break that were on other sports networks but not included on the TNT highlights which can only be explained by assuming some type of agenda on the part of TNT.

Maybe we watched a different broadcast but the one I saw had them saying bad things about BOTH Atlanta and Miami and how neither are elite teams.

I can't believe 3 days later that people are still upset about this.