• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The TNT Crew Had All Negative for Hawks/Fantastic!

Highpozt2

• Premium Member
Maybe we watched a different broadcast but the one I saw had them saying bad things about BOTH Atlanta and Miami and how neither are elite teams.

I can't believe 3 days later that people are still upset about this.

Are the Bulls an elite team? No! But the networks that show their highlight are creating excitement about them and calling Derrick Rose the next great Thing in the NBA. But I guess I'll have to come to the realization that the Hawks are just another flawed team for Cleveland to step over on their way to rightful place as NBA champions. Whatever! :*ss:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the Bulls an elite team? No! But the networks that show their highlight are creating excitement about them and calling Derrick Rose the next great Thing in the NBA. But I guess I'll have to come to the realization that the Hawks are just another flawed team for Cleveland to step over on their way to rightful place as NBA champions. Whatever! :*ss:

As I said earlier if our game had been on ABC or ESPN they would have probably been praising us. I just can't understand why some of you are getting so upset when TNT continued with the status quo and talked about our flaws just like they do for every team almost every game. It's like getting upset if you wake up at 8am in the morning and the sun is out instead of the moon. Makes no sense to me.

As I said earlier if our game had been on ABC or ESPN they would have probably been praising us. I just can't understand why some of you are getting so upset when TNT continued with the status quo and talked about our flaws just like they do for every team almost every game. It's like getting upset if you wake up at 8am in the morning and the sun is out instead of the moon. Makes no sense to me.

Seriously, that's what they always do. And, I've always enjoyed TNT's broadcast MUCH more than any other because when I watch a team, I can see what they're doing well, and I always want to hear about their flaws. That's just what they do. Plus they're funny at the same time.

ESPN just kisses the *ss of the winning team and if a player had a good game, they'll ignore everything else and just talk about them.

Seriously, that's what they always do. And, I've always enjoyed TNT's broadcast MUCH more than any other because when I watch a team, I can see what they're doing well, and I always want to hear about their flaws. That's just what they do. Plus they're funny at the same time.

ESPN just kisses the *ss of the winning team and if a player had a good game, they'll ignore everything else and just talk about them.

Yep I certainly don't mind hearing the negative things about the team as long as they're accurate. Saying that we run too many ISO's is fine, saying that we aren't an elite team is fine, saying that Josh Smith should stop shooting from the outside is fine, but if they said that Joe Johnson wasn't a star then I'd have a problem with that.

On top of all that I happen to think that the TNT guys are typically pretty entertaining and if I get nothing more than entertainment from their broadcast then so be it.

The facts are that there were some thing that were done by the Hawk's team as a whole that should have been pointed out like the smothering defense and getting out on the break that were on other sports networks but not included on the TNT highlights which can only be explained by assuming some type of agenda on the part of TNT.

Other networks praise everything in order to get and maintain access to the teams. TNT is not a sports network so they can point the flaws of the teams with more consistency.

Personally I prefer to watch the TNT guys bashing any team than to watch the ESPN guys praising teams just for the sake of praising teams.

I mean, I watched the ESPN broadcast of the first SAS-DAL game and they were treating Barea as an all star, and all because he had 13 points (on 6-14 shooting) and 3 assists off the bench...

• Premium Member

I don't think they were being that negative... That's what they do for every team, they are meant to be critical and unbiased. I was about to roll my eyes when Kenny Smith started talking about us but what he said was pretty damn accurate. Can't hate on someone for speaking the truth.

• Premium Member

TNT postgame clip from game 2. Do you agree?

Uploaded @ 11:23pm

Edited by NineOhTheRino

It's the truth.

The Hawks offense is predictable and easily stifled by good defense. It's understandable since Woodson was brought in as a "defensive-minded" coach, but if the defense is this inconsistent, why not bring in a coach who understands offense? The Hawks seemed surprised that Miami made adjustments between games. WTF?

If they lose this series, please bring in Eddie Jordan or somebody, ANYBODY else!

TNT postgame clip from game 2. Do you agree?

Uploaded @ 11:23pm

Are you kidding? It's 100% correct. Our offense was yet again exposed, or actually, exposed isn't even the word I'm looking for. All we do is go 1 on 1, we have no offense. We are a playground half court team. It's just ugly to watch and I knew this would happen. Woodson has got to be the worst offensive head coach the NBA has ever seen.

Are you kidding? It's 100% correct. Our offense was yet again exposed, or actually, exposed isn't even the word I'm looking for. All we do is go 1 on 1, we have no offense. We are a playground half court team. It's just ugly to watch and I knew this would happen. Woodson has got to be the worst offensive head coach the NBA has ever seen.

Yup Charles told it like it is, our halfcourt offense is horrible.