• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If U Attended Game 1 last night..

kamillion

I really missed Rathbun last night. I bet he was losing his mind.

I flipped back and forth between TNT and SportSouth, just to try and get an idea of what the 'outsiders' are saying. lol.

when they kept calling it "THE philips arena" it was mildly annoying, but i could handle it.

zaza Pah-chew-ah on multiple occations drove me crazy, and the halftime shows complete lack of respect and COMPLETELY negative focus drove me away.

on top of all of that, maybe it was just on MY tv (directv by the way)- but the tnt feed seemed blurry where as the Sports South picture looked GREAT!

anyway, yeah- if anyone has any pics from last night, PLEASE post them.

I watched the TNT just because of the fact that we were NEVER on TNT and just wanted to hear what their take on a Hawks game was.

With that said, I'd love to hear how Rathbun called it last night. I guarantee that he was yelling his head off last night after all the dunks, and making quip after quip on D-Wade.

However, I wish I had gone to game 1. :( It sucks to miss out on an atmosphere like that.

• Premium Member
I watched the TNT just because of the fact that we were NEVER on TNT and just wanted to hear what their take on a Hawks game was.

With that said, I'd love to hear how Rathbun called it last night. I guarantee that he was yelling his head off last night after all the dunks, and making quip after quip on D-Wade.

However, I wish I had gone to game 1. :( It sucks to miss out on an atmosphere like that.

The atmosphere was not quite the same as it was during Game 3 of last Year's Playoffs. There were quite a few empty seats to be honest with you. But the fans that were there were LOUD and raucous. They really stayed on the refs and booed Wade most of the times he had the ball. Don't get me wrong, it was still awesome being there, but last season the place was friggin packed and the "party" spilled over into the streets after the game. Maybe the fact that the game was on a Sunday night had a lot to do with some of the empty seats.

The atmosphere was not quite the same as it was during Game 3 of last Year's Playoffs. There were quite a few empty seats to be honest with you. But the fans that were there were LOUD and raucous. They really stayed on the refs and booed Wade most of the times he had the ball. Don't get me wrong, it was still awesome being there, but last season the place was friggin packed and the "party" spilled over into the streets after the game. Maybe the fact that the game was on a Sunday night had a lot to do with some of the empty seats.

The only empty seats I saw were on the "suite / corporate side" of the arena.

If corporate Atlanta is having trouble "giving" their seats away they can call up hawksquawk anytime...LOL

The only empty seats I saw were on the "suite / corporate side" of the arena.

If corporate Atlanta is having trouble "giving" their seats away they can call up hawksquawk anytime...LOL

Lol they don't give a crap about us in the nosebleed section. We don't get any camera time. No parachute gifts nothin. It's BS I tell you.

I flipped back and forth between TNT and SportSouth, just to try and get an idea of what the 'outsiders' are saying. lol.

when they kept calling it "THE philips arena" it was mildly annoying, but i could handle it.

zaza Pah-chew-ah on multiple occations drove me crazy, and the halftime shows complete lack of respect and COMPLETELY negative focus drove me away.

they also called al horford, josh smith three times...idiots!!

The opposition, day and location of the seats had something to do with it. Miami is a low-profile franchise. With that said, it was a ton of fun for game one. We chanted LET'S GO HAWKS all the way to the parking lot.

Edited by IonSen88

The opposition, day and location of the seats had something to do with it. Miami is a low-profile franchise. With that said, it was a ton of fun for game one. We chanted LET'S GO HAWKS all the way to the parking lot.

thats how it was at game 3 last year when i was there.... the entire city in AND out of the arena just had a certain energy to it... i honestly think tonights game may be a little BETTER with the fans than sunday.

yall know how bandwagon fans in atlanta work- if the last game was a BIG WIN for an atlanta franchise, the following game is going to be PACKED.

• Premium Member
thats how it was at game 3 last year when i was there.... the entire city in AND out of the arena just had a certain energy to it... i honestly think tonights game may be a little BETTER with the fans than sunday.

yall know how bandwagon fans in atlanta work- if the last game was a BIG WIN for an atlanta franchise, the following game is going to be PACKED.

Agreed about the "energy" before and during Game 3 last season. It was insane during and after the game. That's what a pro sporting event in a major market city is supposed to be like. Game 1 this season wasn't bad at all though. I'm guessing things will pick up quite a bit tonight. Unfortunately, I probably won't make it as I won't get off of work until 5 and that 2 and a half hour drive is no joke when you're a little tired. At least I'll be able to see it in HD on TNT tonight unless I go crazy and decide to go anyway.

• Premium Member
If we make it to a game 7 or to the 2nd round against Clev..... the Fans will come in packs :beer:

If we keep feeding Smoove Oops..... WE WILL SELL OUT EVERY GAME. LOL

That reverse by Smoove off of that alley from Bibby was as good a dunk as any that I've seen during a game. Fans were literally looking at each other in disbelief after that one! He got up higher with two hands than some of these athletes in the NBA could get up with one for that reverse.

• Premium Member

That's retard d*ck Stockton, man he sucks. I don't see how he actually has a job. I recorded the game on TNT and after watching it again, he made at LEAST 10 mistakes in the first quarter, and the entire first quarter wasn't even on because of the Orl/Phi game. He's just not good at all, I'd rather have anyone else honestly.

• Premium Member
That's retard d*ck Stockton, man he sucks. I don't see how he actually has a job. I recorded the game on TNT and after watching it again, he made at LEAST 10 mistakes in the first quarter, and the entire first quarter wasn't even on because of the Orl/Phi game. He's just not good at all, I'd rather have anyone else honestly.

I don't remember watching any National TV crew handle one of our games without getting at least a couple of our best players names' wrong... The classic one is Joe Smith...

I mean, really??? You are gonna get Joe Johnson's name mixed up with Josh Smith's... A three time All Star and a mainstay in every Highlight show and you don't know their names? How are these people so ignorant when their freaking job is to know basketball?

• Premium Member
I don't remember watching any National TV crew handle one of our games without getting at least a couple of our best players names' wrong... The classic one is Joe Smith...

I mean, really??? You are gonna get Joe Johnson's name mixed up with Josh Smith's... A three time All Star and a mainstay in every Highlight show and you don't know their names? How are these people so ignorant when their freaking job is to know basketball?

Well, it's going to happen sometimes and I understand that. It happens with most other teams as well, even with other commentators. But d*ck Stockton is notorious for his commentating suckage. It's just unbelievable. I don't mind it so much if the person corrects themselves or says my mistake and is right from that point on, but Stockton just keeps talking, and ignores the mistake as if noone heard it. But, it's not only the player names he messes up, he constantly reports things wrong and just keeps going. I seriously counted at least 10 mistakes in that first quarter.