• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Where is everyone?

txsting

Man - we were thoroughly dominant in our first playoff outing of the year. But I can't believe there is so little activity on the Squawk.

I swear that we would have double the posts when we were winning 13 games a year. I guess it proves the theory that people like to complain much more than they like to say anything good.

Most of the messages here used to be about building a team, what pieces to add and subtract, etc. And I admit - that's a lot of fun. The NBA is the best for playing fantasy GM....it's easy to know all of the players (only 450 in NBA vs. 750 in MLB, or 1700 in NFL), and a single roster change can make or break a team.

Without all the armchair GM's running around here it's getting to be a lonely place.

• Premium Member
Man - we were thoroughly dominant in our first playoff outing of the year. But I can't believe there is so little activity on the Squawk.

I swear that we would have double the posts when we were winning 13 games a year. I guess it proves the theory that people like to complain much more than they like to say anything good.

Most of the messages here used to be about building a team, what pieces to add and subtract, etc. And I admit - that's a lot of fun. The NBA is the best for playing fantasy GM....it's easy to know all of the players (only 450 in NBA vs. 750 in MLB, or 1700 in NFL), and a single roster change can make or break a team.

Without all the armchair GM's running around here it's getting to be a lonely place.

What has happened over the years is that some posters have developed such a dislike for certain players or the coach that when the team does well, they have mixed feelings. Even when it becomes apparent that the coach or player has made progress, those initial assessments are hard to dismiss for some. Also, some posters have started so many threads stating their opinion about a player or coach that if would be seen as weakness to admit that they are now wrong about a subject that has essentially defined them as posters here.

Wait until we lose. The number of posts after a loss grossly outweigh the number of posts after a win. And even after a win, a lot of the posts are making excuses for the other team. The Hawks are the only team in the NBA that win games purely by accident (according to some around here).

• Premium Member
Wait until we lose. The number of posts after a loss grossly outweigh the number of posts after a win. And even after a win, a lot of the posts are making excuses for the other team. The Hawks are the only team in the NBA that win games purely by accident (according to some around here).

Good point Duff. We DESTROYED those guys last night and I came here looking forward to a gang of activity. Our team has played its best basketball during the Playoffs these last two seasons and that is extremely encouraging. We were a little shell shocked on the road against Boston last season, but I get the feeling that we will NOT have a let down against the heat in Miami this time around. Our starting five and our bench is a force to be reckoned with in the East and we will continue to make noise. I predict a sweep with the possibility of this thing going 5 games. Our TEAM is simply too much for one player to overcome. Wade's supporting cast gave him absolutely nothing last night and I see no reason why we can't keep up that defensive effort for another 3-4 games.

The Heat's problem is that Wade is great and all, but his supporting cast is very underwhelming. Jermaine O'Neal is a shell of what he used to be and is a non-factor defensively. Beasley is good on offense, but can't defend either. Chalmers is a rookie. They played scared last night. Outside of Wade, if the rest of the team is completely intimidated by the atmosphere at Philips, they'll continue to get killed by the Hawks.

Perhaps it is because many of us understand that one game a series does not make???

This right here sum it up best. Plus this being the Hawks and how unpredictable they can be. You just cannot get too excited. If they win the series then it is worth celebrating. It is just one game.

This right here sum it up best. Plus this being the Hawks and how unpredictable they can be. You just cannot get too excited. If they win the series then it is worth celebrating. It is just one game.

True. A 30 point win, or a one point win in OT, same thing. Just one win. However, how we achieved that one win is why people should be excited. Woody needs to use the film from last night as the formula on how to beat these guys. Bibby getting nine assists, Smoove playing above the rim and not outside, Horf's defensive presence, and the energy from EVERYONE, including our bench players that didn't see the court. Last night was the blueprint to get passed the first round, stick to it. Woody does not have to scrap his game one preparations, they were dead on. This is what is exciting to me.

• Premium Member

Now you know!

Tonight is the reason why you NEVER should give this team props.

it's shock. it's the OTHER Hawks team. It's the team that won't show up the rest of the postseason hopefully. I think the "reason why you Never should give props" should refer more to Woody. I think we could've still pulled it out if we weren't forcing ISO that wasn't there. Of course, some FT here and there would've helped too. . ..