• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let me call it for you straight...

Diesel

• Premium Member

If we beat Miami handily not saying it will be easy.. but just gowith me...and we beat the Cavs the way we have just beat Miami in game 1...

can you imagine the s--- that all the on-air personnel will take? I'm talking ABC, ESPN, TNT... will have take a dump in their pants... I can hear all of them crying... because everybody has placed Cleveland in the finals. This year, we get to be spoiler!!!

Hawks vs. Lakers finals 2009.

• Premium Member

All we lack is focus.

When this team tightens up, moves the ball, and doesn't fall into bad habits, we are capable of beating anyone. It's not a question of talent, because we have guys who can score from all over the floor. It's not a question of defense either. Our length and athleticism give teams fits and often we have been able to lock teams down.

From watching this team all year long, we've all been able to see the potential. What is it though, that will allow this team to get to the next level? IMO, it's just a focus and a mindset. Too much 1 on 1, too much iso Joe, too much settling for jumpshots, lack of energy/intensity on the defensive end and we're looking at just the opposite - ANY team can beat us. ESPECIALLY on the road.

If we play sh#t-ball like that, I still think we can beat Miami. Though, Cleveland is a different story. They are in "get it" mode and they're moving like a well-oiled machine. Sh#t ball will get us embarassed in the 2nd round.

Here's hoping we can focus and play up to our potential.

Hawks vs Lakers That would be great. Josh Smith is more exciting to watch than Lebron imo.

Maybe for us Hawks fans, but for the overall basketball fan, there is no way Smith is more exciting than Lebron.

• Premium Member
All we lack is focus.

When this team tightens up, moves the ball, and doesn't fall into bad habits, we are capable of beating anyone. It's not a question of talent, because we have guys who can score from all over the floor. It's not a question of defense either. Our length and athleticism give teams fits and often we have been able to lock teams down.

From watching this team all year long, we've all been able to see the potential. What is it though, that will allow this team to get to the next level? IMO, it's just a focus and a mindset. Too much 1 on 1, too much iso Joe, too much settling for jumpshots, lack of energy/intensity on the defensive end and we're looking at just the opposite - ANY team can beat us. ESPECIALLY on the road.

If we play sh#t-ball like that, I still think we can beat Miami. Though, Cleveland is a different story. They are in "get it" mode and they're moving like a well-oiled machine. Sh#t ball will get us embarassed in the 2nd round.

I agree that Focus can get us to the finals.

I won't say anything about us getting past the Lakers. Size does matter.

They can put Bynum, Gasol, and Odom on their frontline.

That's 7'0, 7'1, and 6'11.

It will take serious determination for us to outrebound that team.

However, as it is stacked up right now, if we focus, we can outrebound any team in the EC.

I agree that Focus can get us to the finals.

I won't say anything about us getting past the Lakers. Size does matter.

They can put Bynum, Gasol, and Odom on their frontline.

That's 7'0, 7'1, and 6'11.

It will take serious determination for us to outrebound that team.

However, as it is stacked up right now, if we focus, we can outrebound any team in the EC.

Just as an FYI, Cleveland is a better defensive rebounding team than LA. They also go Z, Andy, Smith on their front line for 7'3, 6'11, and 6'10 with Ben Wallace who has led the league in blocks and rebounds multiple times as the 4th big... There is a reason Cleveland is considered a strong title contender, were we to face them we wouldn't have many matchup advantages like we do in this series.

This thread is laughable. We win ONE playoff game and you guys are drinking the Kool-Aid. Hawks to the finals? Are you kidding me? I see us getting past the Heat, probably in 6, but no way we get past the Cavs. Did NO ONE watch the Hawks Cavs game? You though those calls were bad? Just wait until a Hawks Cavs playoff series. You will throw your remote through the TV. Not to mention the Cavs are deeper and more talented top to bottom.

All we lack is focus.

The talent is there for us to get to the next level, I agree. When we speak of focus, mindsets, too much iso's/1 on 1, and energy, that falls on one man's shoulders. Of course, Woody. The personnel is there to make the jump to the next level, is the coaching? Can Woody get these guys focused? Can he get them to share the ball more and not put the pressure all on Joe? Can he manipulate substitution patterns to play guys that are bringing the energy and sustaining it? We'll see.

This place has been lacking humor as of late.

Nice job man!

Ditto. Need more of it.

Re Cavs. We have been so inconsistent all year. Up one game and down the next three. It is about maturity and bringing it every night. They are capable . . . . . but only time will tell. I would like to see us take Cleveland to 6-7 games.

I am sorry but we are not capable of beating the Cavs. They are bigger, much deeper, they have the better coaching staff, and they have the superstar. We are probably 2 years of solid drafts and FA moves from being capable of being capable of beating them.

Any other team in the east I think we have the talent to beat, but the Cavs aren't one of them that we could beat.

I am sorry but we are not capable of beating the Cavs. They are bigger, much deeper, they have the better coaching staff, and they have the superstar. We are probably 2 years of solid drafts and FA moves from being capable of being capable of beating them.

Any other team in the east I think we have the talent to beat, but the Cavs aren't one of them that we could beat.

Unfortunately, I agree.

I'm going to say something,that will probably get me flamed, everyone said the same thing about

the BIG BAD CELTICS and we almost stole a series

I think that if we focus and they keep the Lebron "Casper The Magic Ghost Foul" to a minimum then

we can we this game. I will say this No team at this point worries the Cavs more than us the lowly Hawks.

If we can convincingly defeat Miami and roll strong into Cleveland we may can complete a miracle.

We proved them wrong in Boston

We proved them wrong during the regular season, so I think we are going to see a trend ....

We don't scare Cleveland.

Nov 22nd @ Cleveland we lost by 14 points and that includes us outscoring them by 7 in the 4th. We were down 17 at halftime and 21 at the end of 3. Each team had all 5 starters but Cleveland has since added Joe Smith.

Dec 13th @ Home we won by 5 points but Cleveland was without Big Z and Daniel Gibson and again have added Joe Smith to their roster since.

Mar 1st @ Home we lost by 1 point after getting screwed at the end. Each team had their starting 5 but Cleveland has since added Joe Smith to their roster.

Mar 21st @ Cleveland we lost by 11 points and that includes us outscoring the Cavs by 10 in the 4th quarter and we were down 18 at halftime. We were without Marvin for this game.

So in 4 games we were blown out twice and then we had a close win and a close loss in the other 2 games. One of the blowouts can be thrown out since Marvin was missing which leaves them 1-0 against us in Cleveland and 1-1 against us in Atlanta although we could have easily been 2-0 in Atlanta but weren't far off from being 0-2 in Atlanta either.

The way I see it they'd slaughter us in Cleveland in games 1,2 and we might squeak out games 3 or 4 at home and at best we could force the series to 6 games so I really don't think it's fitting to call that scaring them.

• Premium Member
Just as an FYI, Cleveland is a better defensive rebounding team than LA. They also go Z, Andy, Smith on their front line for 7'3, 6'11, and 6'10 with Ben Wallace who has led the league in blocks and rebounds multiple times as the 4th big... There is a reason Cleveland is considered a strong title contender, were we to face them we wouldn't have many matchup advantages like we do in this series.

Yeah but neither of those guys will get much more than 10 points per game consistently.

Bynum, Gasol, and Odom can all get more than 14 ppg consistently... with the rebounds.