• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

It's been 3 days...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Read this article

Woody's offensive gameplan was sound in game 1. His rotation wasn't bad. Again, Woody has shown that in a playoff series, he's not that bad. The thing is that they were expecting transition scoring and we were pounding the paint. With a healthy team and some days to rest, I think Woody has more weapons to work with than he has ever needed.

Let's go Hawks!!!

Read this article

Woody's offensive gameplan was sound in game 1. His rotation wasn't bad. Again, Woody has shown that in a playoff series, he's not that bad. The thing is that they were expecting transition scoring and we were pounding the paint. With a healthy team and some days to rest, I think Woody has more weapons to work with than he has ever needed.

Let's go Hawks!!!

I think I've read plenty where people did gave Woody some props but at the same time still a little reserve because we're all waiting to see how he coaches tonight.

• Moderators

The Heat are going to come out with some fire tonight for sure. At times we've had trouble adjusting when an opponent changes their game plan. We'll see how focused we are. I feel like the guys all realize this series is far from over and they just need to continue to take care of business. When we are focused I don't think the Heat can compete with us on the glass. It'll take a huge game from Wade for them to win.

Read this article

Let's go Hawks!!!

I've given Woody some love for his game one decision making. I thought he did a great job with Marvin as far as his minutes. Some were a little upset we he got pulled half way through the first while he was hot, I was ok with it. It showed me that Woody stuck to his game plan...which was to get Marvin some burn early, then get him out. I commend him for sticking to his guns. I thought Woody had some timely TO's, if you will ignore the pun. Defensively, he looked like a genius. I'm sure there were a crapload of people that were watching the Hawks for the first time, and to see us limit the league's leading scorer had to open some eyes. People around here are aware that we've done a decent job on Wade all year....but to execute in playoff time is a different animal. Kudos to Woody! Go Hawks! (I could do without the gaudy championship ring, but hey, maybe it's a mindset with the young Hawks!)

• Premium Member

Woody did a great job Sunday. Nice subs and use of time outs as was mentioned earlier. He gets a lot of heat around here so it's only right that he gets credit when he does a good job. I'm eager to see what adjustments he makes tonight as we all know the heat will come out with a chip on their shoulder(s). But I'm not sure that really matters. I question the Heat's talent level. Wade is their only starter quality player and I'm not sure trading Marion for J. O'neal was a good decision at all. Our bench appears to be better than their starters minus Wade. I'm not hating on the Heat but the only difference between them and any other rebuilding team is Wade. They will probably be really good in a few years though. Chalmers looks like a keeper.