Flip Murray should not be attempting more FG than JJ!

bumpyphish1

Sooo... Do you guys think that the Hawks might have a big trade lined up this summer involving Marvin? They could be protecting him from further injury to protect the trade. Pure speculation I know...

I'm kind of thinking the same, Peoria. I think Woody is using the injury to go with his boy Flip. Woody seems to love him.

Only people close to the team really know the whole story behind Marvin, is it his back, or Woody's decision to not play him, I dunno. But, I do understand why Flip is playing. If you look at what he did in the regular season, and his strengths as a player, it makes sense. Flip does have the ability to create his own shot, when our offense breaks down, or when we iso and nothing happens. Unfortunately, not having a consistent offensive scheme AND the fact we iso people so much, plays right into Flip's strength. Flip has the ability to bail us out with his aggressiveness and ability to get to the rack.

That said, Flip hasn't played well in the first two games vs. Miami. We're going to NEED something positive coming off the bench, offensively...he's the best option.