• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Game 2 was a Silver Platter game: ATL may have just given series to Miami..

HAWKS1986

So disappointed, but I saw this as a possibility. Game 2 was a 'growth' game because putting the hammer on the Heat would have sent a message that we are ready to go to the next level, but the lethargic effort just reaffirms that the Hawks starters are not ready for PRIME TIME.Al Horford was absent for most of the game, so was Marvin. Joe Johnson look bad as well..and missing those two FTs LATE was a backbreaker...Josh was bubbling with uncontrollable rage and on the verge of losing control completely and seldom used Jamal Magloire did his little damage and Udonis Haslem and Jermaine O'Neal asserted themselves and made some impact plays that Horford, Marvin and Zaza couldn't ...And Maurice Evans was terrible tonight as well. These Miami road games are going to be definitive in what direction this Hawks team is going..

Marvin didnt play but 10 dang minutes.

Marvin was definitely a non-factor tonight, especially when the game is on the line. His future in Atlanta is bleak.

However, whether he is playing 10 dang minutes or 35 minutes, Marvin makes few impact plays for the Hawks. I am not blaming him for tonight's loss, but the team needs an upgrade at the small forward position.

Marvin was definitely a non-factor tonight, especially when the game is on the line. His future in Atlanta is bleak.

However, whether he is playing 10 dang minutes or 35 minutes, Marvin makes few impact plays for the Hawks. I am not blaming him for tonight's loss, but the team needs an upgrade at the small forward position.

Just back from Phillips and I completely disagree with the thoughts on Marvin. Marvin made some big plays with nice drives and finishes at the basket late in the 3rd quarter. If Woody is going to be shortsighted enough not to play him at all in the 4th quarter that is not his fault. And another point, I would much rather have Marvin at the free-throw line anytime rather than Joe... you can count on Joe consistently choking one or two away when it matters the most. We needed a more physical presence down the stretch which I believe could have easily changed the outcome. Overall just a poor performance all the way around.

What are you talking about?

Just back from Phillips and I completely disagree with the thoughts on Marvin. Marvin made some big plays with nice drives and finishes at the basket late in the 3rd quarter. If Woody is going to be shortsighted enough not to play him at all in the 4th quarter that is not his fault. And another point, I would much rather have Marvin at the free-throw line anytime rather than Joe... you can count on Joe consistently choking one or two away when it matters the most. We needed a more physical presence down the stretch which I believe could have easily changed the outcome. Overall just a poor performance all the way around.

Just like Game 1, Marvin made a (i emphasize "a") big play...that was basically it.. He disappears... Marvin is not a game changer and not likely to live up to his Top 5 status. The Hawks need him to have 25pt game hitting 4 or 5 three-pointers (that's IMPACT--and it would be great if he can do it on the road!)..we have yet to see Marvin step out of his comfort zone and take on a leadership role on a consistent basis.And Joe is no more a choker at the FT line than Marvin or even Flip...Horford is undersized , and ZaZa isn't on the same level as Jermaine O'Neal and Magloire's physicality was a problem as well...(Damn I miss Dikembe and Tree Rollins)

(Josh Smith quote) From Associated Press:"We didn't start the game with a sense of urgency, like the start of the first game," Smith said. "We didn't play together. Put those two negatives together, and that's what caused us to lose. We were playing selfish on offense."

My first post. Loooooong time Hawk fan. Joe Johnson makes the worst decisions in the world. I couldn't count how many times the Heat had left Bibby WIDE OPEN right behind the 3 point line to double Joe and Joe would not make the pass for the world. It ended every time with Joe taking on 3 Heat players and you know the result. Joe forces way too much. He is not a D. Wade type of player that can just turn it on and take over a game. He needs to let the game come to him. But he seldom does, ESPECIALLY DOWN THE STRETCH OF BIG GAMES. This was a winnable game, we had cut it to 5 points when Joe started refusing to pass the ball and bricking free throws. The Hawks have probably the worst half court offense in the NBA. Charles Barkley summed it up perfectly when he said the Hawks in half court just say "your turn, ok your turn now, your turn now, ok my turn now" and just throw up shots. Hawks take more contested shots than anyone in the league.The point in the NBA is to take an open shot. If you do that you win. The Hawks turn down open guys to drive into a crowded lane or take a fallaway jumper with a guy all over them. Thats why I made my name what it is. The Hawks have to move the ball to the open man every trip down, its that simple.Now for the bad news. This series is unwinnable for the Hawks. The Heat will win both games in Miami, I guarantee that. The Heat have a more talented team than the Hawks. Beasley is going to be a 22 point a game guy in a year or 2. Combine that with Wade and they are just too much. Chalmers and Cook are great role players. Cook lit us up tonight and expect that to continue.

• Premium Member

(Josh Smith quote) From Associated Press:"We didn't start the game with a sense of urgency, like the start of the first game," Smith said. "We didn't play together. Put those two negatives together, and that's what caused us to lose. We were playing selfish on offense."

What do you expect Smoove to say though?This is pulled from the NBA players book of excuses after an unexplainable loss.When he says sense of urgency does that mean we didn't hit our shots or free throws? When he says we didn't play together does that mean that he shouldn't have been taking bone headed three pointers?The truth is that we expected Miami to come out like a ball of fire. They were emotionally high, they had their pride to consider.. hell Wade and Cook were the first ones in the arena practicing their shooting because they were so embarrassed. It took 16 three pointers on 47% shooting to win for them. That's not a matter of energy or urgency.

What do you expect Smoove to say though?This is pulled from the NBA players book of excuses after an unexplainable loss.When he says sense of urgency does that mean we didn't hit our shots or free throws? When he says we didn't play together does that mean that he shouldn't have been taking bone headed three pointers?The truth is that we expected Miami to come out like a ball of fire. They were emotionally high, they had their pride to consider.. hell Wade and Cook were the first ones in the arena practicing their shooting because they were so embarrassed. It took 16 three pointers on 47% shooting to win for them. That's not a matter of energy or urgency.

Diesel, the truth could be we expected Daquan Cook to stay in his season long shell versus the Hawks. The truth may be Coach Spoelstra(sp) felt pressure and decided to play Jamario Moon a few more minutes along with Jamaal Magloire. They played with a sense of urgency and energy and when Cook hit those three-pointers in the second quarter, it motivated D-Wade to step up...It was a matter of energy, urgency along with accountability and execution.. Doc Rivers the other night said who is going to step up... and RAY ALLEN TOOK THAT CHALLENGE... and Chicago may have been a little surprised and reacted a little slow on defensive rotations to disrupt his rhythm, but Ben Gordon also picked up his game as well.Courtney Lee of Orlando took the 'challenge' and stepped up in win over Philly. He had only averaged 8 points during the year, but scored 20+ points in two consecutive games.... (I would like to see Horford or Marvin (our younger players take that challenge)...Coaching wise, Mike Woodson needed to make quicker adjustments and possibly let Mario West come in and play defense versus Wade. West may have fouled him, but it may disrupted Wade's flow and instead of Dwayne scoring 13 consecutive points, it may have been six points (maybe) and the momentum may have been disrupted. Mario brings 'energy' and plays a tighter type of defense and it could have helped keep the game manageable.

I agree partially with Josh quote A good part of that lost was lack of intensity, lack of concentration and confidence. When a team (Heat) shoots 56 percent and a even higher % from the three point line --- and also gets out-rebounded hustle and intensity are in question -- I saw a significant lack in effort and intensity from game 1 to game 2. Shooting 63% from the free throw line is concentration and confidence. The Hawks are not a half court team so they must play high energy and intensity or they are stagnant and not creative. The Hawks energy is inconsistent lets hope it is up for game 3.

My first post. Loooooong time Hawk fan. Joe Johnson makes the worst decisions in the world. I couldn't count how many times the Heat had left Bibby WIDE OPEN right behind the 3 point line to double Joe and Joe would not make the pass for the world. It ended every time with Joe taking on 3 Heat players and you know the result. Joe forces way too much. He is not a D. Wade type of player that can just turn it on and take over a game. He needs to let the game come to him. But he seldom does, ESPECIALLY DOWN THE STRETCH OF BIG GAMES.

This was a winnable game, we had cut it to 5 points when Joe started refusing to pass the ball and bricking free throws. The Hawks have probably the worst half court offense in the NBA. Charles Barkley summed it up perfectly when he said the Hawks in half court just say "your turn, ok your turn now, your turn now, ok my turn now" and just throw up shots. Hawks take more contested shots than anyone in the league.

The point in the NBA is to take an open shot. If you do that you win. The Hawks turn down open guys to drive into a crowded lane or take a fallaway jumper with a guy all over them. Thats why I made my name what it is. The Hawks have to move the ball to the open man every trip down, its that simple.

Now for the bad news. This series is unwinnable for the Hawks. The Heat will win both games in Miami, I guarantee that. The Heat have a more talented team than the Hawks. Beasley is going to be a 22 point a game guy in a year or 2. Combine that with Wade and they are just too much. Chalmers and Cook are great role players. Cook lit us up tonight and expect that to continue.

LOL.

• 3 years later...