• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Players in the NBA (Hawks included)

AtlMoveTheBallMore

These guys are really conceited for the most part. They could care less about "fans" of the team for the most part. You can see that when on the day the Hawks were called to autograph a shirt they had on and hand it out to a fan, the look on their faces were "why do I have to be here doing this for these grownup kids?".

When pro players win its not for the fans. Its for the player and the other players on their team. They don't care about fans. The fans don't go through "the war" with them. Fans are looked upon as weird people to these players.

Guys do you really think the Hawks are going to go to South Beach and not party it up? They are going to have no legs in the games, mark my words. They are going to lose both games at south beach and its going to be over. They will blame it on Wade, saying he is too good.

After players lose a series they should win, do you think they care? No! They care for the instant that the clock hits 0, then their thoughts shift to the mansion they are going home to and the women, booze, and drugs they will be indulging in with the fans' money in the offseason.

These guys are really conceited for the most part. They could care less about "fans" of the team for the most part. You can see that when on the day the Hawks were called to autograph a shirt they had on and hand it out to a fan, the look on their faces were "why do I have to be here doing this for these grownup kids?".

When pro players win its not for the fans. Its for the player and the other players on their team. They don't care about fans. The fans don't go through "the war" with them. Fans are looked upon as weird people to these players.

Guys do you really think the Hawks are going to go to South Beach and not party it up? They are going to have no legs in the games, mark my words. They are going to lose both games at south beach and its going to be over. They will blame it on Wade, saying he is too good.

After players lose a series they should win, do you think they care? No! They care for the instant that the clock hits 0, then their thoughts shift to the mansion they are going home to and the women, booze, and drugs they will be indulging in with the fans' money in the offseason.

With anyone with fame and fortune, I'm sure there are NBA players in which this rings true. However, I think stating that NBA players, in essence, don't care, is an over-generalization. I believe there are players that care and what to win, no matter the cost. I think that's why we see the intensity pick up in the playoffs, harder fouls, and tougher defense in the playoffs as opposed to the regular season (save last night from the Hawks).

In addition, I'm sure NBA contracts are loaded with incentives (money) for winning playoff games and series' in the playoffs. Players who only care about money and what not do have have something to play for....more money.

You alright there pal?

I swear some people are overly skeptical after losses... Listen guys, it's not that they don't care... They just got beat last night due to the fact that the Heat shot LIGHTS OUT... Do you think they'll shoot like that again? If so, maybe you should join the Heat message boards...

I know right. But I'm pretty sure that anybody who knows this site knew that this would be happening today. It's funny because it's not a surprise at all. The series is not over.

Ya, that is why I have been staying in the "Other Sports Forum" today.

Its not doomsday, its just the truth. Wade is too much. That is all. Its going to take a team with a superstar like Wade to beat the Heat. We obviously don't have a superstar.

Orlando has Howard, Cavs have Lebron, Spurs have Duncan and Parker, Rockets have Yao, Denver has Anthony, Lakers have Kobe, Utah has Williams, NO has Paul, etc.

The trailblazers are the same as the hawks. They have a group of good players but no superstars. They will lose just like we will. You have to have a superstar.

• Premium Member
Its not doomsday, its just the truth. Wade is too much. That is all. Its going to take a team with a superstar like Wade to beat the Heat. We obviously don't have a superstar.

Orlando has Howard, Cavs have Lebron, Spurs have Duncan and Parker, Rockets have Yao, Denver has Anthony, Lakers have Kobe, Utah has Williams, NO has Paul, etc.

The trailblazers are the same as the hawks. They have a group of good players but no superstars. They will lose just like we will. You have to have a superstar.

Like the Pistons?

wow... is this what the whole thread was about?

I disagree with this post entirely. You win as a team, and you lose as a team. One player does not win championships. Rockets have Yao? Denver has Anthony? How long has Yao been in the league? Houston has never made it past the first round with him. Carmelo Anthony? You're not putting Joe Johnson in the same category player wise as Carmelo Anthony? Nevermind, beside the point.

You have to have a superstar to do what? Win the NBA championship? That argument may have some merit...maybe. However, this is the first round. Regardless of what happens in this series, the Hawks have more talent as a TEAM top to bottom.

LeBron is the best player in the game (in my opinion), but those that disagree - still would have to agree he's top 5. He's been lobbying for more pieces for three years now because that's the only way Cleveland can win the NBA championship. He's surrounded by the best supporting cast he's had in his career...Lebron is intelligent enough to realize even him, one of the best players on the planet needs help.

The Blazer have a budding superstar in Brandon Roy. People just don't think of him as one because he isn't flashy, always in the media, and he doesn't have an ego.

Roy had a PER of 24+ this year, he was Kobe's statistical equal during the regular season and has even stepped it up for the playoffs with a 30.6 PER so far against two of the top 5 wing defenders in Ron Artest and Shane Battier.

The Blazers might lose (the first round isn't over) because the Rockets are a bad matchup and are probably the 5th or 6th best team in the NBA right now, not because the Blazers don't have a superstar.

Sounds like a good time to me!!!

haha jk

(but seriously dude, most NBA players are highly competitive and actually do want to win very, very badly. Of course there are always exceptions: Tim Thomas, Ricky Davis, Zach Randolph, etc. I don't think we have any of those types tho.).

wtf....what is the point of this post? who cares what they think of fans or what they do after games. as a fan, i only really care about tip off til "the instant that the clock hits 0". people who put these guys up on a pedistal and want to instantly annoint them "role models" set themselves up for failure. players are human and have faults like everyone else. you'll find good guys and bad in the nba, nfl, mlb, nhl, just like you will in any group of people at chuch, school, work, wherever. if their personalities or personal lives bother you so much, stop following the game and stop posting on a site dedicated to an nba team.

at any rate, don't you think most folks just care for the instant the time clock at their work hits 0 and they can shift to home, women, booze, etc? the only difference is they can afford big homes, better booze, and prettier gold diggers. stop purchasing products from major manufactuers because i'm sure people running those companies do the exact same thing, they just don't get as much publicity over it.

dude, you sound like the nba unibomber.

go home, have a drink, watch the game with your lady, and RELAX.