• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If Horford/Smith low-post repitoire don't improve, Boozer is option

HAWKS1986

Carlos Boozer is primarily a power forward, and some will say it would cause a conflict, but the Hawks desperately need a veteran with a legitimate, consistent low-post game opposing teams must respect.

Horford and Josh Smith have not shown significant improvement in this area, and Boozer is in the prime of his career with playoff experience.

I actually think both of them improve their post games. More Al Horford than Josh Smith though. Josh Smith didn't improve much but he is at least learning how to do a drop step or how to do an up and under. Al Horford has made a lot of post shots that he wouldn't have made last year.

Both of them are still far from being threats in the low post but they are improving.

If we can bring in Deron too than YES, Boozer is a pick and roll type of player and Woodson is apparently allergic to pick n roll...

Also Boozer is kinda injury prone and this will be his last big contract, he could take it easy and not leave up to it.... I wouldn't take this chance...

P.S. Boozer had 23 points and 22 rebounds tonight though.....

I don't see this as a good move.

I feel that Al will eventually be better than Boozer and has better long term potential.

He's not that far below him right now.

I think we would improve out team more by trading Smoove for a solid #5 and move Al to the #4.

Smoove has crazy, mad ability (game 1), but just as often, plays as Evil Josh (game2) where he takes

3's and dribbles up the middle of the court until he turns it over.

Picking up another 6'9 power forward, when we already have 1 too many makes no sense.

• Moderators
Somehow i doubt Boozer will be very eager to sign for the MLE.

Where we come up with the dollars for this is the first question that should be asked. I don't think I could endorse it on our team regardless but I don't think the $$ is there.

I don't see this as a good move.

I feel that Al will eventually be better than Boozer and has better long term potential.

He's not that far below him right now.

I think we would improve out team more by trading Smoove for a solid #5 and move Al to the #4.

Smoove has crazy, mad ability (game 1), but just as often, plays as Evil Josh (game2) where he takes

3's and dribbles up the middle of the court until he turns it over.

Picking up another 6'9 power forward, when we already have 1 too many makes no sense.

He took 1 in Game 2... It was an airball that, I believe, turned out to be an assist... I personally don't want to trade Smoove or Horford for a legitimate 5... I'm sure there's another trade possibility that could land us a 5... If not, maybe in the draft...

• Premium Member
He took 1 in Game 2... It was an airball that, I believe, turned out to be an assist... I personally don't want to trade Smoove or Horford for a legitimate 5... I'm sure there's another trade possibility that could land us a 5... If not, maybe in the draft...

Josh is averaging 20 and 10 in this series so far. He's a keeper. Horf is around 12 and 10 himself. Those numbers are solid by anyone's standards. I think we just need to let these guys continue to develop as our frontcourt of the future. Boozer is cool and all, but he's had some durability issues lately.

Josh is averaging 20 and 10 in this series so far. He's a keeper. Horf is around 12 and 10 himself. Those numbers are solid by anyone's standards. I think we just need to let these guys continue to develop as our frontcourt of the future. Boozer is cool and all, but he's had some durability issues lately.

:beer: