• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How Much Confidence Does a Hawks Fan Have

Highpozt2

How Much Confidence Does a Hawks Fan Have??? How much confidence should we have??? after the lost to Miami Wednesday I see a lot of post that look like, not only the team but also the fans have lost some confidence. Right or wrong I hope the players are not shaken as much as the fans. Of course the fans have been with the Hawks longer than the current roster including coaches, so that may be why there is a sense of "here we go again" Buuuut the players have to shake that lost, it is a seven game series and the last game should not dictate the next. This is a talented bunch that won 47 games. They are not the best, but on top of their game they are good.

Major adjustments I see is

1 Start the game with emotions and intensity it feeds the players and the crowd.

2 Establish a low post presence with Al Horford

3 Set the offense quickly because our half-court offense sucks

4. Push the ball/tempo no walking it up the court

5. Rebound like a maniac (we must win the hustle points)

6. Play 48 minutes

7. Use at least 8 players in rotation but stay with the hot player this is the playoffs

8. Joe Johnson must be a superstar matching Wade in all aspects of the game.

Edited by Highpozt2

I would feel better if I knew this team could steal one on the road. I just have no confidence this team can win on the road. Hopefully something clicks for them in knowing they must win one on the road and they can get game 2 back. Otherwise this series has already been decided. We are simply going through the formalities right now.

• Premium Member
How Much Confidence Does a Hawks Fan Have??? How much confidence should we have??? after the lost to Miami Wednesday I see a lot of post that look like, not only the team but also the fans have lost some confidence. Right or wrong I hope the players are not shaken as much as the fans. Of course the fans have been with the Hawks longer than the current roster including coaches, so that may be why there is a sense of "here we go again" Buuuut the players have to shake that lost, it is a seven game series and the last game should not dictate the next. This is a talented bunch that won 47 games. They are not the best, but on top of their game they are good.

Major adjustments I see is

1 Start the game with emotions and intensity it feeds the players and the crowd.

2 Establish a low post presence with Al Horford

3 Set the offense quickly because our half-court offense sucks

4. Push the ball/tempo no walking it up the court

5. Rebound like a maniac (we must win the hustle points)

6. Play 48 minutes

7. Use at least 8 players in rotation but stay with the hot player this is the playoffs

8. Joe Johnson must be a superstar matching Wade in all aspects of the game.

I think the fans are flip floppy. The key for me is the fact that it took an extraordinary game for them to beat us. What we did to them in game 1 was not extraordinary, it was very good, but not outside of our talent. I think Miami was well outside of their talent and it still took a lot of mistakes and missed freethrows for them to win. I really want to say we will win out... but I will wait.

• Premium Member

We are better than Miami people! This isn't that complex! Orlando is better than Philadelphia which isn't complex either! Somehow Hawk fans try to make simple concepts difficult to understand. The Hawks will win this series! End of story!

I think the fans are flip floppy. The key for me is the fact that it took an extraordinary game for them to beat us. What we did to them in game 1 was not extraordinary, it was very good, but not outside of our talent. I think Miami was well outside of their talent and it still took a lot of mistakes and missed freethrows for them to win. I really want to say we will win out... but I will wait.

Yes, I do not expect that the Hawks will shoot 63% from the FT line nor do I expect Miami to hit well over 50% of their three point attempts. Lastly the one thing I think we must control is hustle points, we should not be out-rebounded 40 to 33 by Miami. With that said, I know every game has a different dynamic --- The Hawks are very inconsistent with effort and concentration, but they are a better team when those things are in check.

Edited by Highpozt2

I agree with this. Even though I don't expect the Hawks to play with the mistakes they did in game two - missed FT's, poor shot selection - we all know. And I don't expect Miami to shoot the ball so da@n well either. But, the Hawks may play crappy again and Miami might play lights out again. That's why they play the game.

We are better than Miami people! This isn't that complex! Orlando is better than Philadelphia which isn't complex either! Somehow Hawk fans try to make simple concepts difficult to understand. The Hawks will win this series! End of story!

I agree that we are a better team --- but I do think the Hawks at times lose focus, intensity(heat shooting 50% or better FG and 3pt Fg), concentration(63% from the FT line) and tenacity (outrebounded 40 to 33). The good news is that is just 1 game. The Hawks can end this quickly or let the heat hang around, which in the playoffs is not good. Hawks in 6

• Premium Member

With all of our issues AND them shooting lights out the other night we still got it into single digits(5pts?) in the 4th quarter. Miami may very well have won their one and only game of the series.

How much confidence does a Hawks fan have?

Well, first you might want to determine what kind of "fan" you're talking about... There are many fairweather fans out there that dog the team when we lose, and are completely silent when we win... Then there are bandwagon fans who were here posting after game 1, but are completely silent, almost nonexistent when we lost game 2...

But as a true fan, I have complete confidence in these Hawks... And that confidence will never change...

How much confidence does a Hawks fan have?

Well, first you might want to determine what kind of "fan" you're talking about... There are many fairweather fans out there that dog the team when we lose, and are completely silent when we win... Then there are bandwagon fans who were here posting after game 1, but are completely silent, almost nonexistent when we lost game 2...

But as a true fan, I have complete confidence in these Hawks... And that confidence will never change...

Considered --- With confidence in the Hawks you are very aware of what is good about the Hawks and what is bad. At this point with the current Hawks roster I am confident that we have enough talent to beat Miami and to compete with Cleveland. I am also confident that that when the Hawks are high energy, concentration and intensity they can beat any team in the NBA. Where I have concern is where I think a lot of fans waiver and that is what Hawks team will show up on a given day. I expect any team to have up and downs. The Hawks have proven this year they are more up which equaled 47 wins.

• Premium Member
Considered --- With confidence in the Hawks you are very aware of what is good about the Hawks and what is bad. At this point with the current Hawks roster I am confident that we have enough talent to beat Miami and to compete with Cleveland. I am also confident that that when the Hawks are high energy, concentration and intensity they can beat any team in the NBA. Where I have concern is where I think a lot of fans waiver and that is what Hawks team will show up on a given day. I expect any team to have up and downs. The Hawks have proven this year they are more up which equaled 47 wins.

Agreed. Looking at some of the recent posts around here would have you believe that we are a terrible team. We are the better team in this series and we have the talent to be competitive with Cleveland in the 2nd round. Losing Game 2 changes none of that. I think we'll end up going down to Miami and beating them like we did in Game 1 at Phillips. The team seems to be well aware of its shortcomings on the road and will try to do a better job of dictating tempo rather than waiting around until Miami gets hot/confident. If we jump on them early, they'll fold just like they did in Game 1.

Edited by hawkman

• Premium Member
Yes, I do not expect that the Hawks will shoot 63% from the FT line nor do I expect Miami to hit well over 50% of their three point attempts. Lastly the one thing I think we must control is hustle points, we should not be out-rebounded 40 to 33 by Miami. With that said, I know every game has a different dynamic --- The Hawks are very inconsistent with effort and concentration, but they are a better team when those things are in check.

If you are efficient on the offensive end, you will usually win the battle of the boards also.

It is good to read some positives again. Ever since Wednesday night I have been playing out every scenario in which the hawks can't win. We are the better team and I do think that will show even on the road. What scares me most now is that we are in wades house and the refs may get caught up in the bs. If they officiate anything like that terrible crew that was at Phillips on wendnesday (especially during that crucial 2nd quarter) I think we could get in serious troble losing 2 to the refs in Miami. 2 things I am confident of is that the Heat will not shoot 60% and that jermaine oneil sighting in game 2 probably won't happen again he is such garbage. To me the hawks need to take the one game mentality don't put a lot of we must win both games down there added stress on this team. I do think game 3 is far more crucial then game 4 though. I guess we will see. Go Hawks!! It does make me kinda mad that they preeched homecourt advantage all season and then pissed it away. Well now you need to get back. It is afterall why you said you played those 82 games

• Premium Member

I think this intensity thing is overrated. The game 2 wasn't an intensity problem. Our shots were not falling early and theirs was. Period. A team that is playing from behind will either perk up and die. We perked up and got the crowd behind us. Don't mistake crowd noise and big plays for intensity. I didn't see any Hawks loafing. i didn't see any hawk not giving an effort.

I think this intensity thing is overrated. The game 2 wasn't an intensity problem. Our shots were not falling early and theirs was. Period. A team that is playing from behind will either perk up and die. We perked up and got the crowd behind us. Don't mistake crowd noise and big plays for intensity. I didn't see any Hawks loafing. i didn't see any hawk not giving an effort.

Intensity is overrated by itself and that is why I emphasized high energy and concentration. These terms can almost be synonymous. In fact the definition of the term has all those words included energy, concentration and vehemence as in the vehemence of his attack. How that translates to the Hawks is concentration particularly at the free throw line --- the Hawks should and will not shoot 63% on FT. The Hawks also should not lose the rebounding battle to this team --- high energy helps with that --- the game I watched they were getting beat to the boards. Lastly the Heat shot 50% + on FG and 3 point attempts, while I will state some of that is defensive scheme however a lot of that is quicker rotations and challenging shots. Our shots not falling is part of it but not all of it. IMO game 2 had an array of problems that the Hawks I believe will eliminate for game 3.

Edited by Highpozt2

It is good to read some positives again. Ever since Wednesday night I have been playing out every scenario in which the hawks can't win. We are the better team and I do think that will show even on the road. What scares me most now is that we are in wades house and the refs may get caught up in the bs. If they officiate anything like that terrible crew that was at Phillips on wendnesday (especially during that crucial 2nd quarter) I think we could get in serious troble losing 2 to the refs in Miami. 2 things I am confident of is that the Heat will not shoot 60% and that jermaine oneil sighting in game 2 probably won't happen again he is such garbage. To me the hawks need to take the one game mentality don't put a lot of we must win both games down there added stress on this team. I do think game 3 is far more crucial then game 4 though. I guess we will see. Go Hawks!! It does make me kinda mad that they preeched homecourt advantage all season and then pissed it away. Well now you need to get back. It is afterall why you said you played those 82 games

Yes I know what you mean --- one game and homecourt is gone in the playoffs. Joe Johnson said in an interview that this team will have to win on the road to advance in the playoffs. The thing was the way the Hawks looked in game 1 vs game 2. I am pretty certain we do not want to see another game 2 in the playoffs.

• Premium Member
Intensity is overrated by itself and that is why I emphasized high energy and concentration. These terms can almost be synonymous. In fact the definition of the term has all those words included energy, concentration and vehemence as in the vehemence of his attack. How that translates to the Hawks is concentration particularly at the free throw line --- the Hawks should and will not shoot 63% on FT. The Hawks also should not lose the rebounding battle to this team --- high energy helps with that --- the game I watched they were getting beat to the boards. Lastly the Heat shot 50% + on FG and 3 point attempts, while I will state some of that is defensive scheme however a lot of that is quicker rotations and challenging shots. Our shots not falling is part of it but not all of it. IMO game 2 had an array of problems that the Hawks I believe will eliminate for game 3.

Focusing on rebounds.. they were getting beat to which boards?

On the defensive end, Miami shot lights out. Far less defensive rebounds for the Hawks.

Their defensive vs. our offensive: 34 to 13. (72%)

Our defensive to their offensive: 20 to 6. (76%)

We out rebounded them percent wise on the defensive end. The problem is that their offense was very efficient and there were only 26 rebounds available on their offensive end vs. 47 rebounds available on ours.

Like I said before, usually the more efficient offense also wins the rebounding battle and they were very efficient 53% FG% and 57% 3pt%.

Point: they were hitting their shots, we was not hitting ours.

This is the only story from game two.

You can talk about intensity, concentration, blah blah blah... The bottom line is that their ability to hit those threes determined everything.

Focusing on rebounds.. they were getting beat to which boards?

On the defensive end, Miami shot lights out. Far less defensive rebounds for the Hawks.

Their defensive vs. our offensive: 34 to 13. (72%)

Our defensive to their offensive: 20 to 6. (76%)

We out rebounded them percent wise on the defensive end. The problem is that their offense was very efficient and there were only 26 rebounds available on their offensive end vs. 47 rebounds available on ours.

Like I said before, usually the more efficient offense also wins the rebounding battle and they were very efficient 53% FG% and 57% 3pt%.

Point: they were hitting their shots, we was not hitting ours.

This is the only story from game two.

You can talk about intensity, concentration, blah blah blah... The bottom line is that their ability to hit those threes determined everything.

Saying blah to intensity and concentration and then stating there ability to hit shots is the bottom line implies to get to the bottom line there are many lines before --- that is what I am talking about

There is no doubt that intensity and concentration are a component of every game and if the Hawks say "blah blah" to that they will not do well -- again I will state that FT (concentration) are important and 63% will have a negative impact if that does not improve. Yes intensity, concentration, focus and tenacity may not be as tangible as the hitting the shot, however game 2 the Heat approached the game with a higher energy than the Hawks. IMO the Hawks started flat and. Intensity, energy are a integral part of playing smart aggressive defense. When a coach tells his players to "dig in" "turn it up" on defense he means just that increase the intensity, energy and concentration. I agree the Hawks must hit shots but they also must "turn it up" so the heat don't have a chance of shooting 53% fg and 57% 3pt fg. If the Hawks play better defense there will be more defensive rebounds and when that happens the Hawks need to win the rebounding battle.

The Hawks will win this series! End of story!

The oddsmakers disagree.

Also, about the Heat making 3's.........it was because we didn't play with energy and left them open. They weren't guarded the whole night. Haslem was wide open on most of his shots too. It was as pathetic an effort as I've ever seen in the game of basketball.

I expect the trend to continue. There is no way we win game 3 or game 4. Just no way. Then we will all of a sudden wake up for game 5, win, and go back to South Beach to finish the season and start partying. Goooooooo Hawks!

Edited by AtlMoveTheBallMore