• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What's the cause?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Is it coaching or Smoove?

I watched the game thinking... Damn, we should just trade Smoove. All he does is cry and complain about stuff that won't change and fires up horrible three pointers like he's Rasheed Wallace or somebody? I actually watched him become afraid to take the ball inside. They are making Dwayne Wade look like Deke. Then I said.. well we don't have any offensive discipline. I hope that we remain a laughingstock of the playoffs. Maybe ridicule is the only thing that will get the owners to see that change is needed. Don't get me wrong, I still want the Hawks to win, but Woody's offense is like he's very indifferent. Most coaches are directing from the sideline when their team is on offense... our offense looks like sandlot offense. We have too much talent to be this undisciplined and this bad.

From game 2 to game 3, we have made no adjustments. Cook is looking like an allstar.

Last year, Woody's playoff coaching saved his job. This year, Wood's playoff coaching should lose his job.

As for Smoove... He's on the table. IF we can get a dominant big... bye bye SMoove.

I watched the game thinking... Damn, we should just trade Smoove. All he does is cry and complain about stuff that won't change and fires up horrible three pointers like he's Rasheed Wallace or somebody? I actually watched him become afraid to take the ball inside. They are making Dwayne Wade look like Deke. Then I said.. well we don't have any offensive discipline. I hope that we remain a laughingstock of the playoffs. Maybe ridicule is the only thing that will get the owners to see that change is needed. Don't get me wrong, I still want the Hawks to win, but Woody's offense is like he's very indifferent. Most coaches are directing from the sideline when their team is on offense... our offense looks like sandlot offense. We have too much talent to be this undisciplined and this bad.

From game 2 to game 3, we have made no adjustments. Cook is looking like an allstar.

Last year, Woody's playoff coaching saved his job. This year, Wood's playoff coaching should lose his job.

As for Smoove... He's on the table. IF we can get a dominant big... bye bye SMoove.

how bout we fire the damn coach. JJ didnt look any better himself we should trade him too i guess. WOODSON IS THE WORST COACH IN NBA HISTORY! we don't have a halfcoart offense to speak of, WOODSON DOESNT WANT US TO DOUBLE WADE WTF! i have never in my life seen a worst coach. if we can get a dominate big for smoove then sure, but what good will that do if woodson is coach? Woodson is phuckin garbage trash. why the hell is he still coaching us? Bring in avery johnson, jeff van gundy, fratello or somebody with a brain. NO ADJUSTMENTS FROM GAME 2 TO GAME 3. HE HAS BEEN HERE 5 YEARS AND OUR HALF COURT STILL SUCKS EVEN WITH BIBBY (WHO IS A FREAKIN PICK N ROLL PG..BUT WE DONT PICK N ROLL)

Woodson pisses me off.

Are the squawkers finally seeing this team for what it is? Hopefully changes will be made.

When a GOOD coaching change and some offseason moves are made, I'll finally be able to back off this team.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member
Are the squawkers finally seeing this team for what it is? Hopefully changes will be made.

When a GOOD coaching change and some offseason moves are made, I'll finally be able to back off this team.

Never really disagreed with you dude. We both are eye-to-eye on several things.

1 - JJ is a #2

2 - Smoove is not NBA ready

3 - Al Horford cannot play the 5 despite what Rick Sund's is saying

4 - Woody has to go.

5 - hawks must find the PG of the future

1 - JJ is a #2

4 - Woody has to go.

Add number 6.. Hawks must find a big to produce.

1 - JJ is a #2

4 - Woody has to go.

1. JJ is a #3-4 (See Phoenix's deep playoff runs with a young, newly constructed team)

2. Sounds exaggerated, but I can't argue one bit. I thought Oak Hill was a reputable

basketball institution. Whoever gave Josh the advice to forego college must have had a

huge financial incentive to do so, and is now laughing to the bank, knowing that Josh

would embarrass himself as much as highlight, even as a veteran!

3. True. His position should fluctuate depending on the most favorable 4 and 5 matchups.

4. His future as a head in this league should be determined by this series: Win, he likely

stays with Hawks, and only the Hawks, given their lousy ownership. Lose, prepare for lifetime assistant.

5. Felton is not it. I know nothing of college hoops, so who will be available in the late first

round for the forseeable future? Chris Paul was available... the suffering for that pick will

last longer than any of us know Nino.

Edited by benhillboy

When it comes to this team's coaching staff I just cannot understand why we don't have roles delegated amongst individuals. You look at a team like Boston and even though Doc runs the show we all know that he is not that great of a coach but his standing is elevated not just because of his three allstars but he has a defensive mastermind in Thibodieu running that entire side of the ball and the Cs hang their hats on that. Woody's a defensive coach and quite honestly he's had this team play some lights out defense throughout the season but I can't say I've seen the team once get an easy basket outside of the break. Can't we find a guru to control that side of the ball and compliment his defensive apptitude? Seriously since money is slim with the owners I doubt they let go of Woody till his contract is out but can Sund put effort into finding someone with an offensive background. Sund has had a year to evaluate and holds all the cards to force Woody to work with whoever he finds for his own job security, and if it doesn't work out there could be a possibility of the new assistant taking over entirely a year from now keeping some continuity. These are just some raw thoughts cosidering that I'm looking at what seems like a 20 year old take over from Patt Riley on my TV screen look like a genius.

• Premium Member
1. JJ is a #3-4 (See Phoenix's deep playoff runs with a young, newly constructed team)

2. Sounds exaggerated, but I can't argue one bit. I thought Oak Hill was a reputable

basketball institution. Whoever gave Josh the advice to forego college must have had a

huge financial incentive to do so, and is now laughing to the bank, knowing that Josh

would embarrass himself as much as highlight, even as a veteran!

3. True. His position should fluctuate depending on the most favorable 4 and 5 matchups.

4. His future as a head in this league should be determined by this series: Win, he likely

stays with Hawks, and only the Hawks, given their lousy ownership. Lose, prepare for lifetime assistant.

5. Felton is not it. I know nothing of college hoops, so who will be available in the late first

round for the forseeable future? Chris Paul was available... the suffering for that pick will

last longer than any of us know Nino.

Why wait to fire Woody.

Question: Can you recall 1 game where you have no doubt that Woody's coaching was the deciding factor?

He's not a good coach so I say win or lose he should be fired.

1 - JJ is a #2

4 - Woody has to go.

The ownership thing and coaching also has to be fixed. It's hard for a team to make a legit run without those things. As good as guys like Duncan, Parker and Mano are.... Do you think they would have had as much team success without great ownership and a great coach? I don't.

We haven't hired a legit NBA head coach since Lenny Wilkens was fired and you see the results. Firing Woody is not good enough.... A legit good coach must be hired.