• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This team doesn't have the basic ingredients for contention.

Kimsey

It all started back in 06 when he reached terribly for a need. I love Al and I like Acie but they don't particularly fit dire holes of the team. BK wanted that mega star but once the hot seat began warming up he tried to quick fix instead of building more blocks for contender in the EAST. This team desperately needs a Center who we can have for the next 7 - 10 years.

Mike Bibby - Watching the Bulls-Celts, I'm convinced we need a ultra athletic pg that can take over offensively or defensively. Suffice to say Bibby is not that player. He is not a un mistaken piece to the puzzle.

Joe - He is a fine player but for max dollars he needs to be the most clutch, undeniable leader, and the ability to score other than mid to deep range jumpshots. He is not an un mistaken piece to puzzle as the no. 1 franchise player.

MW - He was drafted as the potential franchise player of this organization but is only a third option at best. He has most of the tools to succeed but has the mind-frame of a role player. He seems content on just being a player in the "middle of the roster". He may not be an un mistaken piece to the puzzle.

I would try and to sign and trade him for Minnesota's 2010 unprotected/top 3 protected draft pick. Minny would have to win 45- 50 games to just make it to the playoffs and I don't see them without a lotto pick in a very strong 2010 year for franchise post players.

JS/AL - These two guys only fit more or less one position. JS can play some SF and Al can play some Center but they are best at PF. Al Horford is considerably more consistent than JS but doesn't hold half of the potential. JS has the X factor skills to get a team over the top and Al is solid in all aspects except post offense. I believe one of these players is a piece to the puzzle but has to be fitted with a complementary post player.

We had the chance to acquire Baron Davis/Kaman for Bibby/filler. The team would be in salary cap hell but who cares, I'm a fan, it's not my money. I'm truly convinced 1. B. Diddy 2. Joe Johnson 3. MW 4. JS 5. Al 6. Kaman 7. Flip 8. Mo 9. Zaza would have taken us to the finals...

If someone can realisticly give a plan on how to optimize our chances at a nba championship, I'm all ears.

It all started back in 06 when he reached terribly for a need. I love Al and I like Acie but they don't particularly fit dire holes of the team. BK wanted that mega star but once the hot seat began warming up he tried to quick fix instead of building more blocks for contender in the EAST. This team desperately needs a Center who we can have for the next 7 - 10 years.

Mike Bibby - Watching the Bulls-Celts, I'm convinced we need a ultra athletic pg that can take over offensively or defensively. Suffice to say Bibby is not that player. He is not a un mistaken piece to the puzzle.

Joe - He is a fine player but for max dollars he needs to be the most clutch, undeniable leader, and the ability to score other than mid to deep range jumpshots. He is not an un mistaken piece to puzzle as the no. 1 franchise player.

MW - He was drafted as the potential franchise player of this organization but is only a third option at best. He has most of the tools to succeed but has the mind-frame of a role player. He seems content on just being a player in the "middle of the roster". He may not be an un mistaken piece to the puzzle.

I would try and to sign and trade him for Minnesota's 2010 unprotected/top 3 protected draft pick. Minny would have to win 45- 50 games to just make it to the playoffs and I don't see them without a lotto pick in a very strong 2010 year for franchise post players.

JS/AL - These two guys only fit more or less one position. JS can play some SF and Al can play some Center but they are best at PF. Al Horford is considerably more consistent than JS but doesn't hold half of the potential. JS has the X factor skills to get a team over the top and Al is solid in all aspects except post offense. I believe one of these players is a piece to the puzzle but has to be fitted with a complementary post player.

We had the chance to acquire Baron Davis/Kaman for Bibby/filler. The team would be in salary cap hell but who cares, I'm a fan, it's not my money. I'm truly convinced 1. B. Diddy 2. Joe Johnson 3. MW 4. JS 5. Al 6. Kaman 7. Flip 8. Mo 9. Zaza would have taken us to the finals...

If someone can realisticly give a plan on how to optimize our chances at a nba championship, I'm all ears.

Baron Davis is injury prone and past his prime. But Kaman would have been a really good addition.

Perhaps, but considering the deal will have included Kaman...

Let's look at the numbers just for Bibby and Diddy.

08-09 (both 34 mpg)

MB - ppg. 14.9 / apg. 5.0 / stl. 1.2

BD - ppg. 14.9 / apg. 7.7 / stl. 1.7

07-08 (57 games/37.2 mpg.)

CK - ppg. 15.7 / rpg. 12.7 / bpg. 2.8

Considering how this was Diddy's "career low year" and Bibby's "career year" the deal would have been great.

Perhaps, but considering the deal will have included Kaman...

Let's look at the numbers just for Bibby and Diddy.

08-09 (both 34 mpg)

MB - ppg. 14.9 / apg. 5.0 / stl. 1.2

BD - ppg. 14.9 / apg. 7.7 / stl. 1.7

07-08 (57 games/37.2 mpg.)

CK - ppg. 15.7 / rpg. 12.7 / bpg. 2.8

Considering how this was Diddy's "career low year" and Bibby's "career year" the deal would have been great.

I still don't believe Baron would be right for the team either. He gets more assists, but he's sort of one of those "and 1" type of players to me. His lack of a jumper would have hurt an already shaky shooting team (regardless of what the numbers suggest, this is NOT a very good shooting team as it is). Plus, the injury factor. Overall, he is NOT a dependable player.

I'm not saying I wouldn't do the deal. I'd have to take the time and weigh all the factors. But I don't think Bdiddy would be a great if. If I were to have done a deal like that it would have been for Kaman most likely. Nice that despite all that talent, Bdiddy was unable to lead that team to anything of note. I know they had lots of injury problems, but it's not like they didn't have the talent to spare.

Andre Miller is probably the PG for this team. He doesn't have a long range shot, but he can feed the shooters and/or the athletes. He can run a team of athletes (like the team he has now) and a team of shooters like he did in Cleveland back in the day when they had Wesley Person and Lamond Murray.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

The "ingredient" we are missing is a coach. It's impossible to accurately anaylze our our roster until we see things under a competent coach.

The problem is that we have no offense and run ISO's, this is why we're so inconsistent. If we're hitting shots we look great, if not, we get destroyed.

That's part of the problem. The other problem is players don't play to their strengths. You see how we played in that 3rd quarter. We looked like a different basketball team, partially because guys started playing to their strengths.

And I'll say this . . we're a SOFT basketball team. We're athletic as hell, but very soft as a team.

JJ should NEVER have a game, in which he shoots zero FTs. That's an indication that he's either not being aggressive, or not going to the hole, looking to draw a foul. Even on jumpshots, the stars will pump fake you at times, and when you jump, they'll jump into you to draw a foul. JJ hardly ever does that. JJ has a huge physical advantage over most 2 guards, but he doesn't use his size to bully people. Because he's soft.

Smoove should NEVER go through a half without grabbing a single rebound. Even if he only played 4 minutes in a half, he should have a rebound. His lack of rebounding, considering that he is BY FAR the best athlete on the floor, is strictly because of effort, and his unwillingness to mix it up on the inside. Because he's soft.

I tell you what though. If we don't win Game 4, we don't win this series. Because there is no way this team is going to go down 3 - 1 . . then win Game 5 at home . . then have to go back to Miami to win Game 6, to extend the series. Wade won't let that ish happen at all.

Another thing is this. Well, actually 2 things.

- We don't have a low post scorer, who can efficiently score with his back to the basket AND draw a ton of fouls. That's one of the reasons why I think Woody should be posting up JJ. And when JJ gets the ball in the post, he should make his move before the double team comes and try to score . . not try to find the open man from down there. Well, he can pass it out sometimes. But Miami is trying to play him in-between . . from all out doubling him, to sagging back in the passing lanes. Sometimes, you just have to GO. Just GO, and try to score, without worrying about passing.

- We don't have a PG that can break down the defense and either score in the paint, get in the paint and pass the ball out to open shooters, or draw the foul when he gets in the paint. Well . . we do possibly have a guy that can do that, but he doesn't play, and doesn't convert enough when he goes to the hole. But because Bibby is a jump shooting PG, he's not creating opportunities in the halfcourt set, like a guy like Dre Miller, Chris Paul, or a Rondo does.

This team misses Marvin more than they realize, on both ends of the floor. They especially miss his dual ability to knock down open jumpers, and put the ball on the floor to get to the hole and draw fouls. But that ish can be overcome if Smoove and JJ start attacking the hole HARD, so that the refs will be forced to call a foul on the defender.

Another thing is this. Well, actually 2 things.

- We don't have a low post scorer, who can efficiently score with his back to the basket AND draw a ton of fouls. That's one of the reasons why I think Woody should be posting up JJ. And when JJ gets the ball in the post, he should make his move before the double team comes and try to score . . not try to find the open man from down there. Well, he can pass it out sometimes. But Miami is trying to play him in-between . . from all out doubling him, to sagging back in the passing lanes. Sometimes, you just have to GO. Just GO, and try to score, without worrying about passing.

- We don't have a PG that can break down the defense and either score in the paint, get in the paint and pass the ball out to open shooters, or draw the foul when he gets in the paint. Well . . we do possibly have a guy that can do that, but he doesn't play, and doesn't convert enough when he goes to the hole. But because Bibby is a jump shooting PG, he's not creating opportunities in the halfcourt set, like a guy like Dre Miller, Chris Paul, or a Rondo does.

This team misses Marvin more than they realize, on both ends of the floor. They especially miss his dual ability to knock down open jumpers, and put the ball on the floor to get to the hole and draw fouls. But that ish can be overcome if Smoove and JJ start attacking the hole HARD, so that the refs will be forced to call a foul on the defender.

I completely agree! In other words, talent, athleticism, skills, don't mean jack if you don't go out there with the purpose!

As we have witnessed in previous two games, a classic Playoffs scenario unfolded...

Teams always trade blows in the Playoffs, make adjustments, that's normal... But what actually makes decisive difference is willingness to sacrifice (physically and mentally) and do whatever it takes to outduel the enemy!

Unfortunately, our Hawks have been wearing skirts in the last two games, allowing Heat players to intimidate them physicaly without even responding (body language said it all)... Heat did that with a plan and purpose, and it worked for them, they have set the tone and alterded the course of the series...

Unless Hawks can turn the page and realize that they can actually take all the above-mentioned (athleticism, agression...) to their advantage, well... the series could easily get out of their hands... I see no reason why Hawks cannot turn from victim into an intimidator? Hawks are younger, bigger, stronger and more athletic at almost every position... JO plays on one leg, Haslem gets by on solely on his effort, and finally, somebody please put D Wade into the floor or at least 2nd row!

Go Hawks!!!

• Premium Member
JJ should NEVER have a game, in which he shoots zero FTs. That's an indication that he's either not being aggressive, or not going to the hole, looking to draw a foul. Even on jumpshots, the stars will pump fake you at times, and when you jump, they'll jump into you to draw a foul. JJ hardly ever does that. JJ has a huge physical advantage over most 2 guards, but he doesn't use his size to bully people. Because he's soft.

I have a different take on that.

I think JJ doesn't get to the line because he's trying to do two things. He's trying to run Iso but at the same time, he still considers himself a PG. In Woody's non offense, JJ is allowed to freestyle. So everybody stands around watching and waiting to see if he will pass the ball their way. Miami has rightly taken advantage of Woody's nonoffense by doubling JJ at all times. Therefore, JJ can't get the ball and all of our players standing around can't do anything. We have a systemic problem. We don't have offense. Our offense can't break wind if JJ is not holding the ball. Bibbs is a good enough PG to run an offense but he can't install one. Sometimes I see us running old Sacramento kings stuff. The problem is that we don't have Webber or Peja.. At best, we run an easily defended Swing offense. Horf is not learning to be a force on the inside, he's learning to be Brad Miller.