• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I've never been so angry about a win in my life....

Antmillennium

This was an infuriating game to watch. The players were playing dumb, Woodson was coaching like himself (dumb), the refs were screwing us, Josh Smith thinks he's Reggie Miller, and Joe Johnson is just terrible right now. I'm "relieved" we won, but if we play like that again, we're going to get blown out in game 5. I'm not even going to say that Joe Johnson needs to step up. I think he has demonstrated to us all that he is incapable of stepping up and that this moment is too big for him. Everybody else needs to step up, because Joe is going to score his usual 10-15 points next game, and I don't think we can count on Zaza having a monster game again.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an infuriating game to watch. The players were playing dumb, Woodson was coaching like himself (dumb), the refs were screwing us, Josh Smith thinks he's Reggie Miller, and Joe Johnson is just terrible right now. I'm "relieved" we won, but if we play like that again, we're going to get blown out in game 5. I'm not even going to say that Joe Johnson needs to step up. I think he has demonstrated to us all that he is incapable of stepping up and that this moment is too big for him. Everybody else needs to step up, because Joe is going to score his usual 10-15 points next game, and I don't think we can count on Zaza having a monster game again.

here, here!

This was the biggest win of the year. If we lost this game, the series is over. Now we are favored to win and have homecourt advantage for the last 3 games. Biggest game of the year, it doesn't matter how we got it done, we got it done.

By the way, I thought our movement and playcalling was much better today. We played with energy. We turned the ball over too much, but we played excellent defense. Smith was great so was Pachulia. Bibby was awesome.

Edited by AtlMoveTheBallMore

That sounds like something Mike Woodson would say.....

I'm glad we won, but you can definitely critique this win.

Yeah I mean why be happy about anything? The Hawks just won on the road for the first time in the last 12 tries in the face of pretty strange officiating. Don't enjoy it. Hate it because it wasn't pretty.

• Premium Member
Yeah I mean why be happy about anything? The Hawks just won on the road for the first time in the last 12 tries in the face of pretty strange officiating. Don't enjoy it. Hate it because it wasn't pretty.

This has to be the worst thread after a PLAYOFF WIN ON THE ROAD... ever.

Guess you just missed that whole part about being "happy that we won", huh? However, if you can honestly say that you weren't upset while watching this game, then you're just a special kind of person. As for me, I was absolutely furious about blowing a 20-point lead in 2 or 3 minutes, having back to back 4-point plays, and Josh Smith launching three-pointers from way downtown. If you can honestly say that you weren't upset at any point during this game, then I wish I had some of that Kool-aid that you're drinking. Again, I'm glad they won. However, if they play like that again in Game 5, we're gonna get blown out.

• Premium Member
Guess you just missed that whole part about being "happy that we won", huh? However, if you can honestly say that you weren't upset while watching this game, then you're just a special kind of person. As for me, I was absolutely furious about blowing a 20-point lead in 2 or 3 minutes, having back to back 4-point plays, and Josh Smith launching three-pointers from way downtown. If you can honestly say that you weren't upset at any point during this game, then I wish I had some of that Kool-aid that you're drinking. Again, I'm glad they won. However, if they play like that again in Game 5, we're gonna get blown out.

Dude, even Hotlanta1981 thinks this thread sucks!

Dude, even Hotlanta1981 thinks this thread sucks!

Yeah, I know. We played a great. If we play like this every night, we're going to be the champs of the NBA. Nope, nothing to be improved upon or learned from this game. The team played FLAWLESSLY!!!!! Let's go out and shoot off fireworks!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! BRING ON LEBRON!!!!!!!!!

Antmill, i understand where you are coming from. You figured the last thing that would happen would be that Josh Smith still shot jumpers in this game. Bibby is supposed to be a leader, not making stupid plays. Horford was suppposed to be a man, not playing like a nervous NBDLer. How about Joe not taking some wide open shots but rather drive slowly into traffic or pass it?

But it doesnt matter. When you play a playoff game on the road, you only worry about the win. That's it. If we lose this series, then there is plenty of time to be unhappy. But right now, this is not one of those moments.