• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Diesel's Take: The fix was on!

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm watching the game. We are destroying the heat. We got them going and coming. The crowd is silent.

Then all the sudden:

No call on DWade fouling King Zaza.

At this point, I said that the refs were trying to keep Wade in the game... but it was obvious that Zaza was fouled. Zaza made up for it by getting a steal and scoring.

Offensive foul on Mo.

This was a BS call. I mean Haslem slid over to fall down while Mo was on the move. His feet were not set and I didn't catch the position he was on the floor. But that's fine, I let this slide because it was a "closer" call.

Jones 4 point play #1.

Who let Solo in the game? On this play, Solo didn't bump Jones as much as Jones shot the shot, came down and jumped into Solo's shoulder. Solo was surprised.

Bibby offensive foul.

They called it a push off, but it was more like Bibby going to get the ball with a man draped all over him. I let that one slide even though it was avery BS call.

Jones 4 point play #2.

The biggest BS call of the evening. Bibby didn't even touch Jones. IN fact, Bibby flew past Jones, Jones shot the shot, and the whistle blew when the ball was in the air. I'm wondering What the hell was that? I'm cussing at the TV by this time. Loud. At this point, I knew that the refs had done all that they could to get Miami back in the game.

If you look at the game, you would have to know that this was the worst officiated game of the season. I'm looking for Tim Donaghy to come around the corner.

Later there were more BS calls... Like a foul call on Smoove. Horf's 3rd and 4th foul calls. Mo Evan's 4th foul. And there were lots of no calls for us.

That must be why Wade spent the entire game crying to the refs on flop after flop because he wasn't getting the bailout calls he usually gets.

The only 2 bad calls I recall are the 2nd 4 point play and the no-travel on O'Neal.

Overall they were calling too many fouls on both sides in my opinion, but when that happens you should drive to the hoop which we didn't do enough. My favorite part of the game was the look on Bibby's face when he yelled at Smith to tell him to stop whining to the refs. (anyone have a picture?)

Whining is for losers. Like Wade.

...but when that happens you should drive to the hoop which we didn't do enough.

i was thinking the same thing. take the charity shots and get their players into foul trouble/foul out. smoove really should've been doing this, getting three point plays from inside the arc instead of shooting jump shots. he did do it once, but you would think they would've tried to keep doing it.

the only thing i can think of why they didn't is if they figured the ref's would just be calling offensive fouls on the hawks at that point.

That must be why Wade spent the entire game crying to the refs on flop after flop because he wasn't getting the bailout calls he usually gets.

The only 2 bad calls I recall are the 2nd 4 point play and the no-travel on O'Neal.

Overall they were calling too many fouls on both sides in my opinion, but when that happens you should drive to the hoop which we didn't do enough. My favorite part of the game was the look on Bibby's face when he yelled at Smith to tell him to stop whining to the refs. (anyone have a picture?)

Whining is for losers. Like Wade.

He knows about the "star" treatment. How many times did he pump fake trying to get us in the air to draw the cheap foul. Multiple times. I thought I was watching Paul Pierce with all the dramatic arm movements.

• Premium Member
I'd love for someone on our team to have that loser's resume of his...

The worst call last night was the charge call on Joe, it was remarkable.

The worst call of the night by far was the Bibby 4 point play call. My god, Bibby didn't touch him. The whistle blew as the ball was in the air. I'm thinking, did Bibby get up and go over there and foul Jones after the shot?

The JO travel was really bad.

The JSmoove foul when he was setting the pick on a Joe Johnson drive was tremendously bad. Horf's 3rd and 4th fouls were both WTF man? They were basically saying that when Oneal drops his shoulder into you, you're not supposed to hold your ground.

The Zaza no call was pretty bad too...Zaza goes in strong and gets smacked and next thing you know... Wade is bringing it up court. And Wade Looked so guilty.

• Premium Member

The officiating was terrible. You can argue about who had the advantage on calls (To me it seemed that Miami clearly got the better of it, than again I'm obviously biased), but you can't argue that the officiating was a freaking joke from the first quarter onwards.

If Wade got ANY calls last night, I'd agree with this 100%. Wade got elbowed in the face, right in front of the ref, and nothing was called. Of course, it was probably because Wade was whining and rolling around on the floor for foul calls all night, but that's another story.

Point is, the officiating was bad both ways. We had our share of BS calls go our way, and they had their share go their way. But you are right, that was one of the worst officiated games of the playoffs, if not the season.