• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What do we do in the offseason?

Diesel

What do we do in the offseason  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
^^^Yes. The Hawks have Bird rights on both, meaning a S&T offers the player greater raises each season.

Gotcha. I do question whether the raises will drive a trade versus FA signing in this economy, though. Having to give up value for Bibby, for example, means that I am going to be willing to pay him less than if I can simply sign him as a FA.

I think we should offer Portland Marvin Williams in a sign and trade for Lamarcus Aldridge. What the Portland series showed is that they need a dynamic scorer other than Brandon Roy. Since Oden has to be their future Aldridge becomes a expendable piece. Especially because he should be coming up soon for a big money payday.

We should let Bibby walk and turn the team over to Acie Law. We should draft Tyler Hansborough to be a backup to either Smoove at SF or Horford at PF

Law/

JJ/Flip

Smoove/Mo

Horford/Tyler

Aldridge/Zaza

I wanna keep Marvin and Za-Za at the right price, I could careless about Bibby...

Agreed jsm...but Zaza is gonna cost a little more after last night (and to be fair many previous nights). Zaza is a F/A if I'm not mistaken. Highest bidder. If I were in charge of a team with a center already and a team that can afford 7 million a year for a QUALITY backup who can even play PF for a few minutes - I'd make a play for Zaza. We aren't going to get him for the same price IMHO. The buzzards are circling after that 18 rebound game.

Our problem is - with our "ownership" do we pay him more and make him our starting center again?

I wanna keep Marvin and Za-Za at the right price, I could careless about Bibby...

Bibby is more valuable than both of those guys by the way. I wouldnt mind having all of them back. Trading Mavin isnt a bad idea tho because his injury seems serious..maybe we can get something for him. But no major changes for the Hawks, IMO. And im sure most of the people who voted for Zaza to stay are basing that decision off of yesterday's game because Zaza is called "awful" and "worst big man" so many times in here its funny lol you guys crack me up..smh haha

Edited by r3drumNYNJ

I think we should offer Portland Marvin Williams in a sign and trade for Lamarcus Aldridge. What the Portland series showed is that they need a dynamic scorer other than Brandon Roy. Since Oden has to be their future Aldridge becomes a expendable piece. Especially because he should be coming up soon for a big money payday.

We should let Bibby walk and turn the team over to Acie Law. We should draft Tyler Hansborough to be a backup to either Smoove at SF or Horford at PF

Law/

JJ/Flip

Smoove/Mo

Horford/Tyler

Aldridge/Zaza

Aldridge is almost as untouchable as Roy to Portland. Why? Because Oden looks like a injury-prone, foul-prone, out-of-shape bust. Plus you don't trade your centerpiece big for a dime-dozen small forward.

If we keep woodson it doesnt matter what we do in the off season. Expect the same results.

whats up tone. what do you mean by same results? making the playoffs, being a 4th seed, and having homecourt advantage?? I think that is a successful season for most teams dont you agree? I know Woody aint the best and is probably far from it but he has done a decent job to say the least. Only coach out there I would be serious about is Avery Johnson and Jeff Van Gundy but I doubt we get any of those guys so I would keep Woody..our players like him

Could you imagine Avery Johnson coaching the Hawks? I mean people forget that the reason he was run out of Dallas was because the PLAYERS wanted him gone. I mean the Hawks seem like a sensitive team seeing as they pout when Woody raises his voice above his usual whimper. Imagine howd they'd shuffle across the floor head down, hands in pocket, kicking at the nonexistant dirt on the hardwood floor when the little general lays into them.

Aldridge is almost as untouchable as Roy to Portland. Why? Because Oden looks like a injury-prone, foul-prone, out-of-shape bust. Plus you don't trade your centerpiece big for a dime-dozen small forward.

I agree, Portland would laugh at a Marvin for Aldridge trade proposal.

I agree, Portland would laugh at a Marvin for Aldridge trade proposal.

Nice to dream about but no way they'd go for it. Hell at this point they'd probably consider Oden for Marvin to be a more realistic trade and there's no way that will happen.

• Admin

Law/

JJ/Flip

Smoove/Mo

Horford/Tyler

Aldridge/Zaza

Smith at SF is an awful idea.

Could you imagine Avery Johnson coaching the Hawks? I mean people forget that the reason he was run out of Dallas was because the PLAYERS wanted him gone. I mean the Hawks seem like a sensitive team seeing as they pout when Woody raises his voice above his usual whimper. Imagine howd they'd shuffle across the floor head down, hands in pocket, kicking at the nonexistant dirt on the hardwood floor when the little general lays into them.

There might be an adjustment period to another coaching philosophy, but discipline is what this team needs. Sure the players may not react well in the beginning to a more assertive approach, however after they see the results of a more structured approach to the game, they may change their tune. Right now, we look like we're street ballin' at times...no cohesion.