Josh Smith

TanAdam

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is wrong with ya'll. They're up by 20 with 3 minutes to play. It's perfectly fine for him to attempt that dunk...he tried to give everyone something in a blow out game. He'd probably make it easy if he didn't bulk up too much.

Agreed DP - he was having fun. His friends will hoot on him on twitter. JS won't care - he's rich.

one other thing for you Fratello lovers out there...why was he so down on the Hawks fans for booing Wade?? He and Stockton both just couldn't believe anyone would boo the Drama Queen for laying on the floor yet again. Geezz...when did it become so atrocious to boo the opposing team's best player?? :angry:

I feel bad that this is the active topic after a playoff win. :(

one other thing for you Fratello lovers out there...why was he so down on the Hawks fans for booing Wade?? He and Stockton both just couldn't believe anyone would boo the Drama Queen for laying on the floor yet again. Geezz...when did it become so atrocious to boo the opposing team's best player?? :angry:

'

Huh? Fratello was the main one explaining that our fans (for the MOST part) boo Kobe and LeBron and booed Jordan, Bird, & Magic (once again, for the MOST part. Can't leave out the tendency for coughbandwagonerscough other teams' fans that seem to show up alot in Atlanta.).

Edited by LOL_Hawks

I am in the "don't showboat" crew. Yes, the place would have gone nuts, but NEVER make the other team feel slighted when you have 1 more game to play.

Josh is a child and he plays like it at a lot of times. It's something we have to deal with.

Man...even Fratello was mortified by that dunk attempt.

Corrected.

And Fratello needs to lighten up, I remember several times when Nique did things like that with the game out of reach. If Fratello hadn't said anything about it at the time nobody would be complaining about it now.

On top of that, if it had been LeBron with that dunk attempt Fratello would have been fine with it.

Now I will agree with that. If LeBron had done a statue-of-liberty dunk in the same situation, we'd probably hear something about LeBron doing that to hype up the fans and his teammates, and galvanizing everyone towards a common goal of a championship while showboating at the same time.

• Premium Member
Corrected.

And Fratello needs to lighten up, I remember several times when Nique did things like that with the game out of reach. If Fratello hadn't said anything about it at the time nobody would be complaining about it now.

On top of that, if it had been LeBron with that dunk attempt Fratello would have been fine with it.

Thankyou. You are absolutely right. I love how They are so mortified over Smith's dunk attempt while trying to rationalize any showboating done by the superstars of the league. I'm sick of it. I respect Fratello but he should have just kept his mouth shut.

Fvck Frattelo, Fvck d*ck Stockton, Fvck the Media, fvck our opponents.... Smoove did it for the fans because they are the only ones that support him... Now there is some Nba fans that don't like what he did, but the REAL Hawks fans could careless if this will piss the Heat off, because at the end THE BETTER TEAM WILL WIN....

Go SMoove, Go Hawks......

Edited by Popeye

Bumpy, you can probably apply that % to the avg fan as well.

Bball is a team sport. Th good, well coached teams understand that. Smoove's dunk was an individual move. It's called show-boating for a reason. The only fans that appreciate that kind of mentality and expression are the fans that fall into the above mentioned %.

I'm exclusively a Hawks fan. I encourage every player on the roster, but I expect a well coached, professional TEAM. Not individual show-boating.

If and when Smoove understands this, he will fulfill his potential and the Hawks will soar; oh, don't forget the coaching.

You gotta love "homer" fanbases.

- Orlando fans think that Dwight Howard shouldn't have been suspended for that elbow he threw.

- Boston fans think that the rake across the face that Rondo did to Brad Miller, was simply him "trying to play the ball"

- And Hawks fans think that a between the legs dunk attempt in a blowout playoff game by Smoove, is totally acceptable.

All I hope is that Josh Smith comes out in Game 6, playing at the highest level possible, because the Heat are going to try to immeadiately punk him. Don't be surprised if a player that they don't need, like a Jamal Magloire, tries to take Smoove out.

You think Hawk fans booing Wade is impressive . . just wait till we get to Miami on Friday, and hear Smoove's reception there.

What Smoove did, is equivalent to T.O.'s touchdown pose on the Dallas star at midfield . . . or a baseball player literally walking about the basepads after a grand slam . . or the Tennessee Titans stomping on the Terrible Towel after their regular season win against Pittsburgh.

It was just flat out disrespectful and uncalled for. All he had to do was his signature dunk, and the house still would've come down. But he had to go to extreme with the ish. And yes, players remember ish like that.

The Steelers didn't lose a game, after being "disrespected" by the Titans, after the Terrible Towel incident.

Yeah . . the ish is funny and all smiles now. I just hope we're all smiling this time early Saturday morning, and not bytching about how terrible the Hawks looked in Game 6.

I for one DO NOT want to see a player of Dwyane Wade's caliber come back to ATL for a decisive Game 7. That'll be the game he picks to drop 45 on us. And if that happens, both Smoove and JJ better bring their best ish.

There's not going to be a single media person outside of Atlanta, who will approve of what Smoove did. Not one.

All I know, is his azz better come ready to play on Friday, after pulling that stunt.

Edited by northcyde

- Orlando fans think that Dwight Howard shouldn't have been suspended for that elbow he threw.

- Boston fans think that the rake across the face that Rondo did to Brad Miller, was simply him "trying to play the ball"

- And Hawks fans think that a between the legs dunk attempt in a blowout playoff game by Smoove, is totally acceptable.

All I hope is that Josh Smith comes out in Game 6, playing at the highest level possible, because the Heat are going to try to immeadiately punk him. Don't be surprised if a player that they don't need, like a Jamal Magloire, tries to take Smoove out.

You think Hawk fans booing Wade is impressive . . just wait till we get to Miami on Friday, and hear Smoove's reception there.

What Smoove did, is equivalent to T.O.'s touchdown pose on the Dallas star at midfield . . . or a baseball player literally walking about the basepads after a grand slam . . or the Tennessee Titans stomping on the Terrible Towel after their regular season win against Pittsburgh.

It was just flat out disrespectful and uncalled for. All he had to do was his signature dunk, and the house still would've come down. But he had to go to extreme with the ish. And yes, players remember ish like that.

The Steelers didn't lose a game, after being "disrespected" by the Titans, after the Terrible Towel incident.

Yeah . . the ish is funny and all smiles now. I just hope we're all smiling this time early Saturday morning, and not bytching about how terrible the Hawks looked in Game 6.

I for one DO NOT want to see a player of Dwyane Wade's caliber come back to ATL for a decisive Game 7. That'll be the game he picks to drop 45 on us. And if that happens, both Smoove and JJ better bring their best ish.

There's not going to be a single media person outside of Atlanta, who will approve of what Smoove did. Not one.

All I know, is his azz better come ready to play on Friday, after pulling that stunt.

Yeah ...maybe he will get punked on Friday and 50% on this board will be happy because then they can say..."told you he shouldn't have tried that dunk at the end of the game!" Let me tell you guys something. I liked the attempt. I liked the fact that he tried to bring something different for the fans. So what if the Heat didn't like it. The hell with them. We were in our house. He didn't taunt them. He didn't come out in the media and say the series was over. (Remember Larry Bird) He didn't make a choke sign (Remember Reggie Miller). He attempted a dunk. He didn't even make it! I'm glad Dwayne Wade came out and said he was offended. To me it looks like a desperation ploy by him and the Heat to get some motivation going into game 6. They probably take game 6 but it won't be because of the dunk attempt even though the SLANTED media will try to spin it that way. While we are at it, who cares what they think too?? The Hawks should just come out and play hard Friday and win or lose...we will still be alive after Friday and Game 7 is in Atlanta which is what we played for all year anyway. BTW....The Heat crowd is not the same as the Cameron Crazies.

You guys are so funny. If you are a Miami player, you know that without Smith you just won this series 4-1. If Smith pulls off that dunk, every non battle tested member of that squad just walks away going, "Damn" that guy can do whatever he wants."

points 17.2, reb 8.6, assist 2.2, blocks 1.8, steals 1.6. All while playing good defense. These are pretty damn good numbers for a guy who should technically be a rookie right now. Again. 23 years old.

You guys are so funny. If you are a Miami player, you know that without Smith you just won this series 4-1. If Smith pulls off that dunk, every non battle tested member of that squad just walks away going, "Damn" that guy can do whatever he wants."

points 17.2, reb 8.6, assist 2.2, blocks 1.8, steals 1.6. All while playing good defense. These are pretty damn good numbers for a guy who should technically be a rookie right now. Again. 23 years old.

Smoove is the series MVP, after we win game 6.