• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Story: Josh Smith: So Good So Bad

JackB1

Since when is "20 points on 20 possessions" good?

The Hawks as a team played well last night. That impresses me.

I was not impressed by Smith's overall performance. It was average.

Eh, it was an average-ish offensive performance (made smart passes, no stupid turnovers) but he was again the heart of our D. Even Joe took 21 possessions to get 24 points.

Something does need to change though if we're going to become elite with this group because Josh is the only one with the ability to push us over the top with the skills he does have. If he continues to be just "good" then we won't be able to be much better than the 47 win team we are now.

Eh, it was an average-ish offensive performance (made smart passes, no stupid turnovers) but he was again the heart of our D. Even Joe took 21 possessions to get 24 points.

Something does need to change though if we're going to become elite with this group because Josh is the only one with the ability to push us over the top with the skills he does have. If he continues to be just "good" then we won't be able to be much better than the 47 win team we are now.

Let me add this question. What if he learned to shoot from the outside efficiently. Like 45% from 15-20 feet, 36% from 3 and continued to be 60% plus on the inside. How much would he score? and how dominant would he be?

Let me add this question. What if he learned to shoot from the outside efficiently. Like 45% from 15-20 feet, 36% from 3 and continued to be 60% plus on the inside. How much would he score? and how dominant would he be?

Don't know if I see it really happening, don't know if thats worth hoping for. I would just be happy with better shot selection. Take the open midrange J when you have it and there are no other options, but never ever ever ever look for that shot or take it when there is a chance to go to the hole. On top of that, work the baseline some and try to crash the offensive glass more.