• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Media Attention

HighFlyer

hey guys this may be my 1st topic but ive been reading the boards for a while

i just wanna say its kinda sad the media attention we have been getting

i know its nothing new but man its just plain stupid

i go to yahoo to read up on our physical win last night and check on horfords injury and what do i see on the front page

a headline bashing josh smith about last night

i bet if that was lebron they headline would read "King James flashy dunk missed, He'll get it next time tough"

but that wasnt it

i go to the NBA page and see another headline bashing 790 the zone (granted he was an idiot for those comment)

was it really worth a head line over how nasty that game was last night

i know this isnt anything new but i just wanted to vent a little

i literally smacked my self in the head after seeing the headlines

I thought what Stern said about us was kind of lame. A backhanded compliment . . . . . haven't had much to cheer about but . . . . . That was on Sports South. They scooped the other network on that.

Well he was right. It's kinda hard to cheer when you're losing 60-50 games a year.

I can't believe I will say this. My respect for Jalen Rose actually went up some. He said everyone is overreacting to Smoove dunk attempt. He also said the Drama Queen and his little adolescent coach are reacting the way you expect. Which is to try and motivate their Drama Queens.

Edited by UltimaDragonReaver

I can't believe I will say this. My respect for Jalen Rose actually went up some. He said everyone is overreacting to Smoove dunk attempt. He also said the Drama Queen and his little adolescent coach are reacting the way you expect. Which is to try and motivate their Drama Queens.

Here's the reason that everyone is overreacting to that one play...

There's nothing else to talk about!

This is a blowout win that was over in the second quarter. Wade tried to start his own miniature run at the start of the third quarter, but the Hawks responded by running some good offense and it never even got under 14. If you're not a Hawks or Heat fan, there's seriously nothing compelling about last night's game.

Basically, missing a showboat dunk with less than 5 minutes left while up by 20 is the only memorable highlight from the entire game. Unless you want to discuss whether Wade is a drama queen, but pretty much everyone has known that for 2 years now.

• Premium Member
Here's the reason that everyone is overreacting to that one play...

There's nothing else to talk about!

This is a blowout win that was over in the second quarter. Wade tried to start his own miniature run at the start of the third quarter, but the Hawks responded by running some good offense and it never even got under 14. If you're not a Hawks or Heat fan, there's seriously nothing compelling about last night's game.

Basically, missing a showboat dunk with less than 5 minutes left while up by 20 is the only memorable highlight from the entire game. Unless you want to discuss whether Wade is a drama queen, but pretty much everyone has known that for 2 years now.

I wish they'd dicsuss the fact that we have an actual TEAM rather than a superstar surrounded by mediocre talent. Sometimes I almost feel like the media is upset with us BECAUSE we're beating the Heat. Wade is an MVP candidate and he's about to go out in the first round of the Playoffs due to an "upstart" Atlanta Hawks team that gets little recognition. Sometimes when they talk about the Hawks, you can tell that the "experts" know little to nothing about the team or its players. Hopefully, recognition(for the right reasons) will come with continued success.

the media is dissapointed that we are playing as an actual team instead of one superstar taking over the game

i think that everyone is expecting joe to completely take over kinda like last year, while true hawks fans know thats not him

a johnson vs wade duel would have been so much better for media attention

but gladly for us many different players are stepping up in some of joe's droughts