• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wade's flagrant foul was rescinded by the league

Wurider05

• Admin
That's because it wasn't a flagrant foul. Wade is known for blocking shots and he made a play on the ball.

Yeah, I didn't think it was a flagrant foul either. I was really surprised when it was called so.

• Premium Member
True, but do you think they would have reversed it for JJ?

By JJ, you mean James Jones, right? Or are you talking about JJ Redick?

Not sure who this "JJ" you're referring to is. Not seen him on ESPN before...

i agree that it wasnt a flagrant...

while they are 'overturning' things, though- i think they owe some apologies over the 2 double technicals... b/c Solo & Wade were just doing minor talking until a certain heat player got in the mix. the took 10 minutes to come up with THAT call? i think they wanted to impress stern in attendance, honestly....

• Moderators

Its easy to make a play on the ball when you first push the guy out of the way with your body. I see no point in reversing it. I don't know if it was flagrant or not but it was borderline enough not to reverse the original call. Wade at no chance to block that without fouling and he knew it. I guarantee if Wade had been taken out like that by Evans, Mo would be suspended for this game.

I guess if Wade's back wasn't so injuried he might have gotten the block.

i agree that it wasnt a flagrant...

while they are 'overturning' things, though- i think they owe some apologies over the 2 double technicals... b/c Solo & Wade were just doing minor talking until a certain heat player got in the mix. the took 10 minutes to come up with THAT call? i think they wanted to impress stern in attendance, honestly....

I certainly understand giving a tech to Magloire and Josh Smith, who were shoving after the play ended, but Wade was just jawing from the floor up to Solo, who didn't make any aggressive motion. And he didn't even retaliate when Magloire came in and shoved him.

And as you can see from the photo up top, Wade didn't have a chance to do anything.

That's because it wasn't a flagrant foul. Wade is known for blocking shots and he made a play on the ball.

IMO that was uncalled for. When a foul is uncalled for and it result in a bad fall then its a flagrant foul. No need to reverse the call. I agree that they give us no respect.

I COMPLETELY AGREE IT WAS NOT A VERY HARD FOUL, BUT I BELIEVE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FLAGRANT DUE TO HIS INTENTIONS OF MAKING SURE HE PUT MO ON THE GROUND. IT WAS PHYSICAL PLAYOFF BASKETBALL REMINISCENT OF THE 80'S, BUT HE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING, AND DID IT IN A WAY THAT LOOKED LIKE HE WAS GOING FOR THE BALL. HE GOT HIS FEELINGS HURT, AND RETALIATED!

IMO that was uncalled for. When a foul is uncalled for and it result in a bad fall then its a flagrant foul. No need to reverse the call. I agree that they give us no respect.

The foul was not unnecessary. He made a legit play on the ball, and could have gotten a block, so it was not unnecessary. And the fall is irrelevant. The fall and the crowd swayed the refs into making the call, which was wrong. With the hindsight of replays and a calm office, the league got it right. This was not a flagrant, and I'm not so sure that Solo's was either.