• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I'm Surprised Nobody Has Brought Up Wade's Quotes...?

Colin

What to watch for: Hawks center Al Horford is questionable with an ankle injury sustained in Game 5. Hawks forward Marvin Williams is also questionable due to a right wrist injury. ... The team that has won the rebounding battle has won all five games in this series.MIAMI - Dwyane Wade had a razor-sharp edge Thursday, and the Heat's battered All-Star guard made precision cuts on everyone in his sights.

Wade had particular disdain for Atlanta guard Mario West, who celebrated after Wade missed a three-pointer at the halftime buzzer in Wednesday's Game 5, which the Heat lost 106-91. The Hawks had a 23-point lead at the time.

Wade said the second-year guard "has not been a factor" in this series. He called West's celebration "funny" and ridiculed his judgment.

"What is this game coming to?" Wade asked rhetorically.

Wade also was peeved that Atlanta forward Josh Smith tried a between-the-legs dunk in the fourth quarter when the Hawks still had a 20-point lead.

"It is (disrespectful)," Wade said, "and one thing I go back to is something my high school coach always told me: Act like you've done something before."

This is what playoff basketball does to the usually docile Wade. And you can expect him to take that edge to the court in Game 6 of the first-round playoff series at 8 tonight at AmericanAirlines Arena.

For the Heat, which trails in the best-of-seven series 3-2, it's a win-or-it's-over game. Perhaps realizing he has nothing to lose, Wade unloaded Thursday.

Wade said the Hawks have some "unprofessional" things they need to address. He said Hawks roughhousing center Zaza Pachulia is "knocking people out." And said he wants to see more out of his young teammates, particularly rookies Michael Beasley and Mario Chalmers.

"If it seems like I'm calling them out, I'm not calling them out," Wade said, "but I want to see our young guys play like it's Game 6 of the playoffs.

"If 'Rio says he's won a national championship (at Kansas), well, I want to see him play like it. I want to see Michael play. It's not about making shots. It's about your intensity. It's about your focus. And I want to see our young guys focused and playing with energy."

Wade, who has been battling back spasms the past two games, said he felt better Thursday. And he took a defiant tone toward the pain.

"I'm at the point where whatever is wrong with me, it doesn't even matter at this point," he said.

In that spirit, Wade almost implored his teammates to get more physical for Game 6.

"Zaza Pachulia is knocking people out," Wade said. "I'm not telling my teammates to knock him out, but when he comes down the paint, at least make sure he feels it on offensive rebounds."

Nothing too different, but still a bit of new material.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/con..._heat_0501.html

LOL. That's funny.

What exactly has been Jamaal Magloire's role in this series? But Zaza is "unprofessional"? And like I said last night, Magloire covered his eyes while dunking against us earlier in the year, so the Heat need to can this indignation over what Josh did. Remember their championship run when Alonzo Mourning showed up EVERYBODY he blocked or dunked on?

"What is this game coming to?" Well, obviously, it's not about playing your heart out on defense and staying with a "superstar" step for step to force a bad shot at the buzzer to get your home crowd into it. It's more about who can playact the most like they've been shot on touch fouls and pretending your back is so bad you need to be helped off the bench when you're losing in a playoff game to keep your media-created "warrior" status intact.

Who did Zaza knock out?? He did hit Oneal with the elbow, but that was unintentional....

He also hit Wade with an elbow in Game 4, so I see where Wade's coming from.

With that said, the Hawks better not come out like they did in Game 3, because Miami is going to be out for blood. If the Hawks play like they did at the beginning of Game 4, I see a fight happening.

LOL. That's funny.

What exactly has been Jamaal Magloire's role in this series? But Zaza is "unprofessional"? And like I said last night, Magloire covered his eyes while dunking against us earlier in the year, so the Heat need to can this indignation over what Josh did. Remember their championship run when Alonzo Mourning showed up EVERYBODY he blocked or dunked on?

"What is this game coming to?" Well, obviously, it's not about playing your heart out on defense and staying with a "superstar" step for step to force a bad shot at the buzzer to get your home crowd into it. It's more about who can playact the most like they've been shot on touch fouls and pretending your back is so bad you need to be helped off the bench when you're losing in a playoff game to keep your media-created "warrior" status intact.

Agreed. What is this game coming to when taking pride in a great man-to-man defensive play is not admirable? Wade is a baby. Zaza has absolutely gotten in the Heats' collective heads.

THIS IS AWESOME!!! Not only are we up in the series but we are winning the mind games. Mario played good defense on Wade all night. Wade does not like, see comments above. Mental Edge Hawks. Zaza is destroying the likes of Haslem, O'Neil, Magloire. All up in their heads. Mental Edge HAWKS. Josh Smith's missed dunk was disrespectful. BOO HOO you big baby. MENTAL EDGE HAWKS. This Series is over it's ridiculous, Al or no Al, WE ALL CAN PLAINLY SEE WHO HAS THE MENTAL MAKE UP IN THIS SERIES.

LOL. That's funny.

Now that's a good peice of writing!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wow, Wade is crying to the media while there isn't a peep out of any of our players. Thats what I like to see, Wade being a prima-dona while we just take care of business. I guess because Wade rode the coattails of Shaq, Zo, and Payton's leadership he thinks he is somehow a leader. He is just a good player, not a leader because I don't recall many leaders complaining this much to the media. But, he does do commercials.

Oh yeah, there's no doubt that we currently hold the mental edge, even if Smith's showboat attempt at the end of Game 5 may have them fired up. If they are losing mindgames against Zaza and Mario, then that's not good for them at all.

It's just a matter of keeping that mental edge going into another road game. These guys have to be confident in knowing that they can win on the road, but they have to execute once again.

• Moderators

Wade jumps up on the scorer's table and does his best "king of the world" routine after a win and that is classy and professional. A scrub player dares to celebrate on a much smaller scale for a stop of Wade and the king is insulted.

Yawn.

Wade needs to STFU. There is only one player who committed fouls that could injure a player last game and that is Wade. He undercut Horford on the play where he got hurt and he drilled Evans nearly into the seats.

Funny how he was able to make that play on Evans with a back injury so bad that he needs help getting off the bench.

:sad:

I just can't wait to see Wade get knocked on his kiester a dozen times tonight. I hope the Hawks take it to them with more physical play and leave Wade bruised and battered with really bad taste in his mouth.

The Hawks need to be agressive but smart at the same time. We cannot afford a player getting suspended for a elbow or anything.

ZaZa does an excellent of job of playing physically but, at the same time, not letting his emotions get the best of him where he throws an elbow at another player's head.........like Howard did to Dally.

I also cannot wait for the final minute of the 1st quarter where West comes in to pester Wade some more.

Edited by coachx

What to watch for: Hawks center Al Horford is questionable with an ankle injury sustained in Game 5. Hawks forward Marvin Williams is also questionable due to a right wrist injury. ... The team that has won the rebounding battle has won all five games in this series.MIAMI - Dwyane Wade had a razor-sharp edge Thursday, and the Heat's battered All-Star guard made precision cuts on everyone in his sights.

Wade had particular disdain for Atlanta guard Mario West, who celebrated after Wade missed a three-pointer at the halftime buzzer in Wednesday's Game 5, which the Heat lost 106-91. The Hawks had a 23-point lead at the time.

Wade said the second-year guard "has not been a factor" in this series. He called West's celebration "funny" and ridiculed his judgment.

"What is this game coming to?" Wade asked rhetorically.

Wade also was peeved that Atlanta forward Josh Smith tried a between-the-legs dunk in the fourth quarter when the Hawks still had a 20-point lead.

"It is (disrespectful)," Wade said, "and one thing I go back to is something my high school coach always told me: Act like you've done something before."

This is what playoff basketball does to the usually docile Wade. And you can expect him to take that edge to the court in Game 6 of the first-round playoff series at 8 tonight at AmericanAirlines Arena.

For the Heat, which trails in the best-of-seven series 3-2, it's a win-or-it's-over game. Perhaps realizing he has nothing to lose, Wade unloaded Thursday.

Wade said the Hawks have some "unprofessional" things they need to address. He said Hawks roughhousing center Zaza Pachulia is "knocking people out." And said he wants to see more out of his young teammates, particularly rookies Michael Beasley and Mario Chalmers.

"If it seems like I'm calling them out, I'm not calling them out," Wade said, "but I want to see our young guys play like it's Game 6 of the playoffs.

"If 'Rio says he's won a national championship (at Kansas), well, I want to see him play like it. I want to see Michael play. It's not about making shots. It's about your intensity. It's about your focus. And I want to see our young guys focused and playing with energy."

Wade, who has been battling back spasms the past two games, said he felt better Thursday. And he took a defiant tone toward the pain.

"I'm at the point where whatever is wrong with me, it doesn't even matter at this point," he said.

In that spirit, Wade almost implored his teammates to get more physical for Game 6.

"Zaza Pachulia is knocking people out," Wade said. "I'm not telling my teammates to knock him out, but when he comes down the paint, at least make sure he feels it on offensive rebounds."

Nothing too different, but still a bit of new material.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/con..._heat_0501.html

and the TNT announcer could not understand why any opponents fans would boo the all mighty D. Wade.

What exactly does D-whistle mean by this? : "Zaza Pachulia is knocking people out," Wade said. "I'm not telling my teammates to knock him out, but when he comes down the paint, at least make sure he feels it on offensive rebounds."