I've seen enough. Joe Johnson needs to be traded.

Antmillennium

Our "only all-star" hasn't had one standout game in this series. That is 6 games going on 7. I'm sorry but if you think that is acceptable, then you aren't thinking clearly. Our best performers have been ZaZa and Flip.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just a guy that doesn't cry out "TRADE OUR ONLY ALL-STAR" after a loss.

Please tell me what rational fan would want their only all-star traded. Yeah that's a wonderful idea, trade the leading scorer and leader in other stats. Such a smart idea from such a smart fan. I swear, if you were a Laker fan, you'd probably be crying for Kobe to be traded after they lost that one game to Utah.

I'm just saying, chill with the kneejerkiness.

Like I said. You're one of the "smart" ones that really thinks that Joe Johnson is a legit All Star. OK. You win. You're right. Joe Johnson is right up there with Paul Pierce and Dwyane Wade. His play on the court PROVES it!!!!! :lol6:

Like I said. You're one of the "smart" ones that really thinks that Joe Johnson is a legit All Star. OK. You win. You're right. Joe Johnson is right up there with Paul Pierce and Dwyane Wade. His play on the court PROVES it!!!!! :lol6:

Well come up with a good trade then if you are such a genius. Come on, come up with a decent trade since apparently you are the genius around here.

I'll be waiting. I can understand if that kneejerk limited brain of yours won't be able to come up with one. It's cool.

Well come up with a good trade then if you are such a genius. Come on, come up with a decent trade since apparently you are the genius around here.

I'll be waiting. I can understand if that kneejerk limited brain of yours won't be able to come up with one. It's cool.

Yeah, you're right, "smart" guy. Joe Johnson is the SOLUTION!!!!!!! He's great!!!!!

BTW: It doesn't take a genius to see that Joe Johnson doesn't have what it takes to be a leading man in the NBA.

Edited by Antmillennium

Yeah, you're right, "smart" guy. Joe Johnson is the SOLUTION!!!!!!! He's great!!!!!

Dude, did you watch the game? Did you see how they defended Joe? Cook was riding on his back while Wade was reaching in and he couldn't buy a foul.. Did you see Cook commit 3 fouls on that one play before Joe got a and 1 and than pushed him on the back while Joe was in the air?? The ref finally called the foul because Joe fell...

Oh look, no trade proposal. That's all I needed to see.

Well, first of all, why do you feel I need to give you a proposal? Second, I'll give you a proposal if you tell me the draft positions of all of the teams in the NBA and list the names of the top-45 players entering the NBA draft.

Dude, did you watch the game? Did you see how they defended Joe? Cook was riding on his back while Wade was reaching in and he couldn't buy a foul.. Did you see Cook commit 3 fouls on that one play before Joe got a and 1 and than pushed him on the back while Joe was in the air?? The ref finally called the foul because Joe fell...

Yeah, Joe gets treated unfairly by the officials. I'll give you that. However, I think he would get more calls if he would go the basket more aggressively. Even when he attacks the basket, it's in a somewhat passive manner.

Well, first of all, why do you feel I need to give you a proposal? Second, I'll give you a proposal if you tell me the draft positions of all of the teams in the NBA and list the names of the top-45 players entering the NBA draft.

I can't even do that until the season is over, considering the draft positions.

And now you're basically telling me that we should trade Joe for draft picks. Wow. Such a great idea. 5-star post. Who cares about setting the team back a couple of years by trading one of our best players for some draft picks? Just get Joe out of here! The man is worthless. He can't even handle a triple team and being fouled constantly with no whistle. Just get rid of the man. He doesn't flop, cry, or roll on the floor in fake pain so let's get him out of here now! Plus he doesn't put up 30 pts a game during the regular season or playoffs so now he's REALLY worthless. Yes, let's get him out of town for some unproven talent. Excellent idea.

I can't even do that until the season is over, considering the draft positions.

And now you're basically telling me that we should trade Joe for draft picks. Wow. Such a great idea. 5-star post. Who cares about setting the team back a couple of years by trading one of our best players for some draft picks? Just get Joe out of here! The man is worthless. He can't even handle a triple team and being fouled constantly with no whistle. Just get rid of the man. He doesn't flop, cry, or roll on the floor in fake pain so let's get him out of here now! Plus he doesn't put up 30 pts a game during the regular season or playoffs so now he's REALLY worthless. Yes, let's get him out of town for some unproven talent. Excellent idea.

Yep, that's exactly what I said. I said, "Let's trade Joe for draft picks." Yep, it's clearly in my earlier post. Nice reading/comprehension skills.

Yeah, Joe gets treated unfairly by the officials. I'll give you that. However, I think he would get more calls if he would go the basket more aggressively. Even when he attacks the basket, it's in a somewhat passive manner.

Yeah, but It's funny how Wade didn't get called for a foul the whole game while forcing himself in the paint and guarding Joe closely.. He was banging Joe hard... Joe shouldn't have a problem posting up Wade, but tonight Wade was so physical Joe couldn't so jack and didn't get the calls...

If Joe was guarding Wade that closely........

Edited by Popeye

I'm just a guy that doesn't cry out "TRADE OUR ONLY ALL-STAR" after a loss.

Please tell me what rational fan would want their only all-star traded. Yeah that's a wonderful idea, trade the leading scorer and leader in other stats. Such a smart idea from such a smart fan. I swear, if you were a Laker fan, you'd probably be crying for Kobe to be traded after they lost that one game to Utah.

I'm just saying, chill with the kneejerkiness.

Let's just rebuilding again now hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I am totally with you on this...

Yep, that's exactly what I said. I said, "Let's trade Joe for draft picks." Yep, it's clearly in my earlier post. Nice reading/comprehension skills.

Once again, you asked about the draft. OBVIOUSLY that meant that you planning to include picks. Ever heard of context clues?

But whatever. I don't even know why I'm entertaining this. Joe's not gonna be traded. It's not like you're the GM or anything, thank goodness. Enjoy trying to trade him on whatever video game you have, though! :biggrin:

Once again, you asked about the draft. OBVIOUSLY that meant that you planning to include picks. Ever heard of context clues?

But whatever. I don't even know why I'm entertaining this. Joe's not gonna be traded. It's not like you're the GM or anything, thank goodness. Enjoy trying to trade him on whatever video game you have, though! :biggrin:

First of all, have you ever heard of packaging players and picks? You could trade a player for a pick and then turn around and package that pick with another player to get what you want. The point is, it's asinine for you to ask me to come up with a trade proposal right now, because we don't have enough information about the draft positions of teams and the wants and desires of other teams. You want me to come up with a trade proposal? Fine. You come up with a draft order, a list of the top-45 players in the draft, a list of other teams' needs and wants, and a list of players that might want a change of scenery along with their contract figures.

Second, you're right. I'm not the GM. That's why it makes it even more asinine of you to ask me for a trade proposal. All I am is a fan on the internet expressing his opinions and blowing off a little steam - whether you like it or not. Nothing that anybody posts on this message board is going to have any effect on the team. Therefore, why are you getting all bent out of shape because I'd like to see Joe Johnson traded for something better? Now, I'm not stupid. I'm not saying that they should trade him for a lesser player, and I know that they can't trade Joe for somebody like Kobe, Chris Paul, or LeBron James. All I'm saying is that if there is a way to get better by trading Joe Johnson, I'd love to see it happen.

• Moderators

Here is the draft order and list of the top 62 players according to nbadraft.net. I am interested in seeing the trade proposals.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2009mock_draft

I think the NBA determines draft order based on regular season record not post-season success. See last year's draft where the Lakers (NBA Finals) picked before Detroit (EC Finals) and the Spurs (WC Finals) picked before the Hornets (WC Semi-finals) for example. The same thing happened when the Knicks made it to the finals as an 8th seed. They got their pick in the draft based on regular season record.

I can't say about the draft, but this team needs to make a MAJOR shake up. They got NOBODY to build around.

JJ-You can't build around a 2nd or 3 option and expect to go anywhere of note

Josh Smith-Outside of dunks and blocks you get nothing.His rebounding and shooting and overall defense is NOT getting better.

Marvin Williams-can't be serious. Always hurt and rarely producing great numbers.

Al Horford-Disposable player. Rarely seems to reall impact a game unless the other teams front court is really bad.

You are all a bunch of F'N Morons. Joe is in the top 10-15 players in the league so wtf would you move him and Smoove or Al for a chump like Mcgrady. If I trade Joe, Smoove and Al it better be for a guy who is named after a city in Japan that begins with K. Joe is having a bad series but how quickly you guys forget how well he played vs Boston last year. How quickly you forget this series still has a game 7 left to be played.