• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bibby-Mo Williams is potential match-up disaster for Hawks vs. Cavs series

HAWKS1986

Mo Williams has eaten the Hawks' lunch all year long--whether it is on the road or at home. Williams is a more reliable, consistent and aggressive than the inexperienced Daquan Cook and/or Mario Chalmers.

And at times, the offense can go through Mo Williams when LeBron is resting... so the Cavs can extend leads or make comebacks with Mo Williams as the lead guard on the floor without LeBron.

Mo Williams is the X-Factor. Daniel Gibson and Delonte West are capable guards, but if the Hawks can minimize Mo, then the Hawks have a chance of stealing one in Cleveland.

Bibby played well at times against Miami, but against better guards who are quicker and can shoot just as well, Woodson has to carefully monitor Bibby's minutes especially early. Woodson can't be apprehensive in putting Mario or even Acie in the game. Defense has to become a priority, and Joe Johnson has to step up his game as well.

The Hawks are not going to outscore the Cavs and their backcourt is collectively quicker than ours with the ability to make shots.

Bibby becomes useless when he is turning the ball over and that is what happened in a loss on the road in Cleveland.

Edited by HAWKS1986

Bibby wasnt exposed because he had Chalmers to guard--one of the best matchups Bibby and the Hawks could ask for in the playoffs. However, Mo Williams is no Chalmers, and we will see Bibby struggle quite a bit more to guard him. I hope Woodson is ready to throw in someone else on Williams if he starts going off.

Edited by TheTruth

Can Flip stay in front of him?

It has to be a team effort, but Coach Woodson has to trust Mario and Acie with some minutes--EARLY...

Flip is more athletic and quicker than Bibby, and is more of aggressive scorer (i.e. taking the ball to the basket unlike Bibby who is more content in taking jumpers)

Bibby wasnt exposed because he had Chalmers to guard--one of the best matchups Bibby and the Hawks could ask for in the playoffs. However, Mo Williams is no Chalmers, and we will see Bibby struggle quite a bit more to guard him. I hope Woodson is ready to throw in someone else on Williams if he starts going off.

Woodson can't afford to let a WHOLE FIRST QUARTER go by with Bibby committing turnovers, playing bad defense and jacking up jumpers and on top of that-- putting no pressure on Mo Williams to play defense...

Lebron is CONTENT to sit in the background and let Mo Williams and his other lieutenants win their matchups (Big Z vs. Al ) or (Joe Smith vs. Zaza), and Bron Bron would come in and close the deal... THE HAWKS CAN'T LET THAT HAPPEN! Woodson can't be afraid of taking Bibby out of the game for non-performance or the game will be 40-16 the last time the Hawks played Cleveland..

Woodson can't afford to let a WHOLE FIRST QUARTER go by with Bibby committing turnovers, playing bad defense and jacking up jumpers and on top of that-- putting no pressure on Mo Williams to play defense...

Lebron is CONTENT to sit in the background and let Mo Williams and his other lieutenants win their matchups (Big Z vs. Al ) or (Joe Smith vs. Zaza), and Bron Bron would come in and close the deal... THE HAWKS CAN'T LET THAT HAPPEN! Woodson can't be afraid of taking Bibby out of the game for non-performance or the game will be 40-16 the last time the Hawks played Cleveland..

Like I said all along....start Flip,, put him on Williams hide Bibby on Delonte.

Like I said all along....start Flip,, put him on Williams hide Bibby on Delonte.

I agree about hiding Bibby. Starting Flip isn't a bad idea. Flip is a veteran player who is not tentative and will drive the ball to the basket (unlike Bibby).

All the games that Mo Williams has played in this season vs. the Hawks, he has averaged 20 or more points, and was in NO FOUL TROUBLE... The Hawks really need to TARGET MO WILLIAMS and force him to play defense for 48 minutes, not 8 minutes.. and make him earn his points

give the ball to marvin and make the refs call something on lebron.

We wont be able to "make" the refs call anything on LeBron. He gets the Jordan rules, just like Wade except to an even higher degree. If we so much as breathe on LeBron, we're getting a whistle.

We dont match up that well against the Cavs. Factor in their dominance at homecourt and the refs and it could get ugly. We're going to need to play very well as a team and try to take out LeBron's teammates and force Lebron into a jump shooter.

When did Mo Williams become some lightning quick driving point guard? I thought he was more of a shooter, kinda like Bibby. I actually think that, although Mo Williams will be a big upgrade to the ones in Miami, it's better than say Bibby against a Rajon Rondo, Tony Parker, or Dewayne Wade.

When did Mo Williams become some lightning quick driving point guard? I thought he was more of a shooter, kinda like Bibby. I actually think that, although Mo Williams will be a big upgrade to the ones in Miami, it's better than say Bibby against a Rajon Rondo, Tony Parker, or Dewayne Wade.

Mo Williams will have a field day throughout the series if Bibby is the main one defending him. Williams has the ability to go anywhere on the floor, and create offense from the perimeter or set up his teammates.

Mo averaging 20 points a game against the Hawks isn't a accident. He has been a clutch player either in Cleveland or in Atlanta...

Mo might not have Rondo speed, but he can break down a defense consistently..and Coach Woodson can't allow Bibby to be abused in that way.

I think that Mo isn't as much as a problem as we make him seem. What PG couldn't hit open jumpers when LeBron is creating them for you? LeBron plays like the PG for them most of their games and he's always been are main focus. I think are whole to will have to step up just to stand a chance against them.

Mo Williams is overrated. Without Lebron, he's nothing, I guarantee that. What was Mo Williams doing in Milwaukee alongside Michael Redd again?

putting up 17 in 6 consecutive seasons. WIth Cleveland he scored a little more and had less assists. To act like Mo was just nothing in Milwaukee is absurd. He was very good as a Buck

Edited by Cwell

Mo Williams is overrated. Without Lebron, he's nothing, I guarantee that. What was Mo Williams doing in Milwaukee alongside Michael Redd again?

The reality of it is that Williams isn't in Milwaukee anymore, and Lebron has lifted his teammates to perform better, and Mo has responded...

Mo was an All-star this year, and been a Hawks' killer this year knocking down shots and making impact plays for the Cavs.

In the games that we had against Cleveland this year, Joe Johnson defended Mo Williams and Bibby would defend West.

Joe is 6'8, and Mo is 6'1... Joe is solid defender, but someone else need to be defending Mo instead of Joe most of the time..

West is 6'3, but he is more of a challenge for Bibby... West is better than Chalmers..I would like to see the 'other' West --Mario guard Delonte and have Acie take a turn as well..

Are we going over stuff we already know and have talked about in the chat. The Mo Williams problem is not hard to solve.

You start Bibby and Joe. If Bibby is having a bad shooting night you sub him with Acie or Move JJ to SF have Acie or Mario checking Mo Williams. With Acie and Mario in they will play the 2 on the offensive end but check Mo Williams on the defensive end.

Lets just hope D. West has a monster game.

mo makes his shots so we got to stay in front...on the fast breaks he runs and pops at the free throw line AND gets them every time!!! that needs to be stoped.

and is Marvin even ready to play?? if no then who plays on lebron...i was thinking start zaza on big z AL at pf n then josh on lebron...MAYBE??? josh can chalange every shot because his taller...and if lebron drives josh will follow him and block him fron behind???