• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The rant that Woody should make to most Hawk fans

TheNorthCydeRises

He's a good coach. He just can't get us consistent, to win on the road, run offensive sets designed for young athletic talent, or make in game adjustments at the appropriate times. . . . Yeah, other than that he's awesome.

• Moderators
Wow. So the Hawks not fouling out is just another reason why he is a bad coach?

Woody's aversion to playing guys with fouls hurts this team. It isn't the end of the world and ranks a ways behind his offensive system in terms of areas for improvement, but it would make my head hurt if I beat it against the wall every time Woodson did this. I have posted on this in depth in the past and won't repeat the analysis here.

In terms of that being contrary with an argument that Woodson needs to develop his younger players, I have no problem with running a tighter rotation as long as you aren't burning JJ out in the process -- which is exactly what I think we have seen. When Woodson admits to overusing JJ so as to increase his All-Star chances, I can't endorse that. When Woodson sits Randolph Morris, Othello Harrington and Solo in favor of playing Smoove, Marvin, Zaza and Horford minutes at the 4/5 then I don't have a problem with that. The only young guy I really would like to have seen with a more consistent role was Acie Law because of the need to make a decision this offseason as to our future at PG for the next few years. I think someone like West could be used more as a sparkplug but that is a minor issue not worth discussing in comparison to foul management (let alone compared to our offensive system).

Not really on topic here, but I do give credit to Woodson for keeping the team's morale -- not something easy to do when going through all the team has under his tenure.

Ug, here is my summary of it northcyde without getting into another useless and futile argument with you...

You prefer the Hawks to be good and like the direction they are at now. You see us getting by an inferior team in 7 games (which should have been more like 5) as something special since we got out of the first round in our extremely terrible recent history for the first time in 10 years.

I prefer the Hawks to be better and think they could make some waves with better management and a better coach. I look at us getting past the Heat as something that should have happened all along in fewer games. Us getting out of the first round is just a testament to how bad we have been...nothing else.

I mentioned all the other things back on page one, but sympathizers always have a ready-made excuse for those...

/Story

Wow. So the Hawks not fouling out is just another reason why he is a bad coach?

It's funny. On one hand, the fans wants to see the bench players develop, by way of more playing time. The argument is that guys like Acie, Mario and Solo should all be getting playing time, and take a few minutes away from JJ, Bibby, and Smoove.

On the other hand, when Woody tries to protect his players from getting in foul trouble ( especially in the first half when they pick up 2 fouls ), the fan base has a MAJOR problem with that, because it keeps the starters on the bench and forces the bench players to play and step up. Those very bench players that everyone wants to see play.

What is hilarious is your logic, or lack thereof. It the opponent has a first half lead that is getting bigger there is no point in keeping a guy on the bench with two fouls. if the game turns into a blowout it won't matter how many fouls everyone has.

if there are only a few minutes left in the game why take someone out with their 5th foul? WTF are you saving his fouls for.

As for Smoove, it's a known FACT that Woody hates it when Smith jacks up a bunch of threes.

It is also a known FACT that Woody was quoted as saying they AREN'T telling Smith not to shoot threes. That means Woody is either an idiot or a wimp.

if Woody had any sense or backbone Smith wouldn't be shooting 3s or trying to lead the break. It isn't like he came into the league shooting 3s. He shoots them because Woody gave him the green light during his second season and never took it away.

Edited by exodus

Ug, here is my summary of it northcyde without getting into another useless and futile argument with you...

You prefer the Hawks to be good and like the direction they are at now. You see us getting by an inferior team in 7 games (which should have been more like 5) as something special since we got out of the first round in our extremely terrible recent history for the first time in 10 years.

I prefer the Hawks to be better and think they could make some waves with better management and a better coach. I look at us getting past the Heat as something that should have happened all along in fewer games. Us getting out of the first round is just a testament to how bad we have been...nothing else.

I mentioned all the other things back on page one, but sympathizers always have a ready-made excuse for those...

/Story

Why was it expected that the Hawks-Heat series only go five games? It was the 4-5 matchup. In any first round, I'd think the 4-5 matchup would be expected to end up going the greatest number of games.