• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

An offseason belief.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think that we will find a deal for Bibs.

I was listening to Joe talk in a post game interview. He talked about How Bibs lead on and off the court and how he is good for getting the guys together... then Joe used a word you rarely hear in the NBA. He said that Bibby is his "Friend".

I think ASG would rather keep Joe, Bibby and Woody together regardless of how disjointed our offense looks.

Bibbs is probably the series MVP for this past 1st round Series.

If I were to guess, i would say that there's a 4 year 32 Million dollar deal coming for Bibbs

If Bibbs is batman, Flip and Zaza is Robin and Knightwing. ( I would have said Batgirl, but didn't want to hurt feelings here).

That being the case, both Flip and Zaza will also get new deals.

I think however, that Sund has to be willing to rock the boat a little.

He has Marvin, Chillz, First (2009), and Mo to make a deal with. If I were he, I would look for a young studly player to play Sf. Somebody who can score and play defense. I still like the thought of getting GForce Gerald Wallace. But also on the blocks may be Caron Butler. Washington is overloaded with contracts. IF we were to make a deal with them, maybe we can sell them our first, Marvin, and maybe the rights to Chillz for Butler and Blatche. Then they could just leave Chillz overseas until he's ready to come back...

Can you imagine:

Bibs, Joe, Butler, Smoove, and Horf.

The other question is what is the price for Horf? If we're talking a big, who would you trade Horf for.

I'm shocked, stunned, flabergasted! that the morning after the franchise's biggest win in a decade, that you would post a TRADE MARVIN thread.

My shock knows no bounds.

Can we give these a rest until after the playoffs- really?

I'm shocked, stunned, flabergasted! that the morning after the franchise's biggest win in a decade, that you would post a TRADE MARVIN thread.

My shock knows no bounds.

Can we give these a rest until after the playoffs- really?

I didn't interpret Diesel's post as a trade Marvin thread. If Bibby sticks around, and we re-sign Flip and Z...any other moves the Hawks MAY make would, for sure, involve Marvin. I don't think it was hate towards Marvin.

• Premium Member

Sund did seem to indicate that it might not be possible to re-sign everyone.

Personally, I think the odd man out will be Flip because:

1. The Hawks don't have Bird rights.

2. They'll have their draft pick to use on a guard.

3. They need to see more of what Acie is capable of doing.

• Premium Member
I didn't interpret Diesel's post as a trade Marvin thread. If Bibby sticks around, and we re-sign Flip and Z...any other moves the Hawks MAY make would, for sure, involve Marvin. I don't think it was hate towards Marvin.

Frosgrim doesn't understand economics.

I said trade Chillz rights also, but there's so much butthugging for Marvin by fros that he missed that.

Point is that if we sign Bibby, Zaza, Flip I doubt that we keep Marvin, Chilz caphold, and our first.

If anything, I think that somebody making good salary will be leaving for cap freedom next year when we go after Joe again.

• Premium Member
Sund did seem to indicate that it might not be possible to re-sign everyone.

Personally, I think the odd man out will be Flip because:

1. The Hawks don't have Bird rights.

2. They'll have their draft pick to use on a guard.

3. They need to see more of what Acie is capable of doing.

I have to say that Flip is the one guy that we should be looking to keep. Maybe it's contract play, but his style of driving helps our offense more than Acie does. I want to carry out the Acie plan as much as anybody else, however, under Woody (and Woody looks to have secured himself), I don't see Acie ever getting much playing time and that means that he won't develop here.

• Premium Member
I have to say that Flip is the one guy that we should be looking to keep. Maybe it's contract play, but his style of driving helps our offense more than Acie does. I want to carry out the Acie plan as much as anybody else, however, under Woody (and Woody looks to have secured himself), I don't see Acie ever getting much playing time and that means that he won't develop here.

You could be right. I think Sund will sit down with a few of the vets at the end of the season and get their take. We'll see.

It will definitely be an interesting summer.

• Premium Member
You could be right. I think Sund will sit down with a few of the vets at the end of the season and get their take. We'll see.

It will definitely be an interesting summer.

Well, When we beat Cleveland, Sund will try to find a way to keep everybody!

• Premium Member
Man, wouldn't that be a nice problem to have??

We will beat Cleveland.

I just don't think signing everybody back is the answer. I think we resign Flip and zaza for sure. Marvin, Bibby are big question marks as of right now.

We will beat Cleveland.

I just don't think signing everybody back is the answer. I think we resign Flip and zaza for sure. Marvin, Bibby are big question marks as of right now.

Well, the points you made earlier in this thread concerning Bibby, I think are true. He's showing his worth this post season. If this carries over into the Cleveland series, and we make it competitive (or win!), I think Sund will make a generous offer to keep him around as our point guard a few more years. Same goes for Woody as our coach, much to the chagrin of many.

I said trade Chillz rights also, but there's so much butthugging for Marvin by fros that he missed that.

It isn't possible to trade the "rights" to Childress. The only possibility would be for a sign and trade, but it isn't like trading the rights to a draft pick.

• Premium Member
It isn't possible to trade the "rights" to Childress. The only possibility would be for a sign and trade, but it isn't like trading the rights to a draft pick.

I was thinking about that... however, let's say that Childress was from Europe.. Couldn't we trade his rights then? Didn't Memphis buy the rights of Juan Carlos from NY(?)

I was thinking about that... however, let's say that Childress was from Europe.. Couldn't we trade his rights then? Didn't Memphis buy the rights of Juan Carlos from NY(?)

Memphis got the JC Navarro rights from Washington. Washington had JC Navarro's rights from drafting him. When you draft someone you get the exclusive right to negotiate a contract with that player.

With Childress, he has already played through a contract with an NBA team. He is free to negotiate with any team in the NBA he wants. The only rights the Hawks have are the ability to match any contract offer (right of first refusal) and the ability to offer him money over the salary cap (Bird rights). You can trade draft rights but you cannot trade ROFR or Bird rights. So its just a different situation and the CBA does not allow for any rights outside of draft rights to be exclusively traded.

We will beat Cleveland.

Re: Bibby,

Does the presence of Rose make Hinrich available?

• Premium Member

Flip has been a great addition, but don't forget the Hawks will have to use their MLE to re-sign him.

With the lack of frontcourt depth, that could be a problem. Personally, I think the smart money is one trading Claxton for some sort of combo guard, drafting another guard, and playing Acie more.

Use the MLE on Andersen and a vet big.

I really think, if Zaza wants money, he'll end up leaving.

But Zaza says he loves Atlanta, so I can see him staying. But if we offer him MLE, and some other team offers him $4year/$30 million, to compete to start, what is he going to choose?

Zaza s&t for Hinrich? haha

With the lack of frontcourt depth, that could be a problem. Personally, I think the smart money is one trading Claxton for some sort of combo guard, drafting another guard, and playing Acie more.

A package of David Andersen and Speedy might not be out of the question. It could potentially give us a TPE (unlikely to use) or bring in ~$6 million in players that will actually play.

Yea, Butler is good but I kind of like having a 6'9" SF who can shoot the 3...

I would love to see Bibby, Z, and Flip back next year. I'd like to keep Horford as well while getting a legit center if possible.

I still think we'll draft a PG this year to give Acie some competition.

Heck, I just want it all. Ha.