• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

An Unrecognized trend.

Diesel

• Premium Member

People think that Just because every game in our series was a blow out that we're not a stable team. I say BS.

If you notice, everytime Miami won, it is directly attributed to their three point shooting. Miami had great wins because of the three. However, they were a team that lived by the three and ultimately died by the three. Our scoring suffered a bit away from home, but I don't think you can call it a failure of the defense to stop hot shooters. IN game 5, Wade had 6 points at the half and we had shut down their shooters. Nearly same story in game 7.

What that means is that when we play Cleveland, things will be different. We give Cleveland fits because of our athleticism and if Bibby is on... it's on. Cleveland don't have the shooters that Miami had. Cleveland will try to pound the middle.. but guess what, that won't work. I think we force James to be a one man team and on top of that, we slow him down. The key is stopping Mo's perimeter shooting and penetration. If we can stop Mo, we can stop Cleveland.

I'm looking to be 3-1 after 4 games.

People think that Just because every game in our series was a blow out that we're not a stable team. I say BS.

If you notice, everytime Miami won, it is directly attributed to their three point shooting. Miami had great wins because of the three. However, they were a team that lived by the three and ultimately died by the three. Our scoring suffered a bit away from home, but I don't think you can call it a failure of the defense to stop hot shooters. IN game 5, Wade had 6 points at the half and we had shut down their shooters. Nearly same story in game 7.

What that means is that when we play Cleveland, things will be different. We give Cleveland fits because of our athleticism and if Bibby is on... it's on. Cleveland don't have the shooters that Miami had. Cleveland will try to pound the middle.. but guess what, that won't work. I think we force James to be a one man team and on top of that, we slow him down. The key is stopping Mo's perimeter shooting and penetration. If we can stop Mo, we can stop Cleveland.

I think it boils down to execution in the half court, meaning if we have turnovers and they have run outs, we can't win. If we limit turnovers we will be right there at the end of each game.

Not turning the ball over in this series will be the key. Can this team play close to error free O in the halfcourt against Cleveland? Missing shots will not be half as bad as turning it over.

I like your optimism!

Edited by swolehawk2

If Nostradiesel says 3-1 .. then I'm on board too with that result!

• Premium Member
I think it boils down to execution in the half court, meaning if we have turnovers and they have run outs, we can't win. If we limit turnovers we will be right there at the end of each game.

Not turning the ball over in this series will be the key. Can this team play close to error free O in the halfcourt against Cleveland? Missing shots will not be half as bad as turning it over.

I like your optimism!

I think we can play turnover free... however, I think it really boils down to Ref whistles. If we don't get calls and they do, we're done for. IF they get phantom calls, it's going to make it very difficult for us to win. If they just get to pound us and we can't commit touch fouls,... you know where the league stands.

Trust me, nobody in the league office wants the Hawks going to the ECFs... Even Stern would rather we have a good showing to improve our market, but not win the series. Kobe v Lebron is supposed to be the new Magic v Bird or Magic v Isiah.

I think we can play turnover free... however, I think it really boils down to Ref whistles. If we don't get calls and they do, we're done for. IF they get phantom calls, it's going to make it very difficult for us to win. If they just get to pound us and we can't commit touch fouls,... you know where the league stands.

Trust me, nobody in the league office wants the Hawks going to the ECFs... Even Stern would rather we have a good showing to improve our market, but not win the series. Kobe v Lebron is supposed to be the new Magic v Bird or Magic v Isiah.

I think the biggest factor is Josh Smith. We can say JJ has to be the man, but obviously we can win when he doesn't contribute as much, especially if teams are focused on stopping him. Josh needs to keep a cool head (probably the most difficult thing for him to do), stop camping out at the 3 point line, and be aggressive.

Diesel, Cleveland has MUCH BETTER SHOOTERS than Miami, because not only can those shooters hit the 3, they can also create their own shot. Then, when the MVP is making his 3's, that just makes everything worse. Plus Big Z is a mid-range shot demon.

The key is on defense. We need to close out on guys like Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson, and Delonte West, and make LeBron beat us via the jumpshot. He can't be parading to the line 14+ times a game.

The player I fear most for Cleveland?

Knig James? Nope. He can't be stopped, only contained.

Their PG? Nope. He's good. Very good, in fact. That's two

players to worry about.

Their center? Bingo! He's about 6 " taller than any Hawk and has

a very good shooting touch, good hands and a terrific wingspan.

He's a Hawk killer. Stop him and contain the other two and we're

right there with them.

As Diesel says, if the refs play "Don't dare touch the King" we

can expect a short, losing series. Hawks must stay out of foul

trouble. Remember when JJ went out, EARLY in the 1st quarter

with 2 fouls? Can you EVER imagine that happening to King James?

There would be an investigation by the NBA. :no-no:

The player I fear most for Cleveland?

Knig James? Nope. He can't be stopped, only contained.

Their PG? Nope. He's good. Very good, in fact. That's two

players to worry about.

Their center? Bingo! He's about 6 " taller than any Hawk and has

a very good shooting touch, good hands and a terrific wingspan.

He's a Hawk killer. Stop him and contain the other two and we're

right there with them.

As Diesel says, if the refs play "Don't dare touch the King" we

can expect a short, losing series. Hawks must stay out of foul

trouble. Remember when JJ went out, EARLY in the 1st quarter

with 2 fouls? Can you EVER imagine that happening to King James?

There would be an investigation by the NBA. :no-no:

No. Didn't that dude go like 4-5 games without a foul or something stupid like that? Really, how is that possible?

The quote that I love from Cleveland earlier in the year is that they "play defense like they're all on a string" and THAT is what will make it difficult for us to beat them. Our ISO offense will not work against a defense that helps and collapses/closes out the way that theirs does. The other big factors are that we have nobody to match up against Big Z, Mo Williams usually has his way with Bibby, and they have incredible depth. I don't see us getting blown out in this series but I think we'll have a competitive set of games where we're simply outmatched.

• Premium Member

I love the prediction, but we just have no composure on the road. Every time the opposing team makes a run, we fold. Cleveland is a MUCH better defensive team and have a lot better offensive options than Miami, which will make it even tougher to score.