• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Zaza making himself some $$$$$$

NJHAWK

Thats the only drawback. He may get a nice offer elsewhere with the way he is playing.

No doubt.

My guess is he just got a 4-year $25 mill contract.

At this point is there anyone here who doesn't want us bringing Zaza back as our backup big, assuming that he's open to it? I hope it's true that he loves it in Atlanta and is willing to come back as our backup 5 as long as we give him a bit of a raise.

The only other back-up center in the NBA that you could argue is better than Zaza is Oden/Pryzbilla. Outside of that I don't know what else you would want from a back-up center. I wouldn't want to pay him a ridiculous amount of money, but $5-6 million a year is not unreasonable.

The only other back-up center in the NBA that you could argue is better than Zaza is Oden/Pryzbilla. Outside of that I don't know what else you would want from a back-up center. I wouldn't want to pay him a ridiculous amount of money, but $5-6 million a year is not unreasonable.

What Zaza does that I think makes him so valuable, is he really seems to be able to get in other players' heads.

That and he hits his FTs.

Zaza's rebounding is flat to his career average this year. His PPG is down from 7.7 to 6.2

He is averaging 7 and 7 in the playoffs which is why he's currently generating the excitement on the board.

You are looking at per game stats when you should be looking at per minute stats, which is the production he gives when he is in.

His rebounding stats are a career high on a per minute basis, his FG% was nearly 50%, our team played the best defense overall with him on the court...he has had a career year. You would be blind to say that he had a "flat" year. Watch the games, look at the stats, and analyze. You are just looking at per game stats which are misleading especially when looking at points per game. Have we been calling for him to be a scorer this year? No, so why would you bring up the fact that he is sacrificing scoring in order to play better defense and rebound the ball more? I seriously wonder if you watch the games or just have a lot of hatred for Zaza.

You are looking at per game stats when you should be looking at per minute stats, which is the production he gives when he is in.

His rebounding stats are a career high on a per minute basis, his FG% was nearly 50%, our team played the best defense overall with him on the court...he has had a career year. You would be blind to say that he had a "flat" year. Watch the games, look at the stats, and analyze. You are just looking at per game stats which are misleading especially when looking at points per game. Have we been calling for him to be a scorer this year? No, so why would you bring up the fact that he is sacrificing scoring in order to play better defense and rebound the ball more? I seriously wonder if you watch the games or just have a lot of hatred for Zaza.

Allllllrighty then.............

Anyhow....... You could get alot for 4 years 25 million for 19 mins a game in the right situation.

Does Zaza Pachulia immediately come to mind?

I'll stop just short of "Koo Koo Koo Koo"

I like Zaza, just not for 25 million.

Then again didn't BK pay him 16 over 4 years to get him here?

I guess the final point I'd make is the 4/25 is almost full MLE money. You see much better players signing for the MLE on good teams. Atlanta should be a good team next year.

I guess the final point I'd make is the 4/25 is almost full MLE money. You see much better players signing for the MLE on good teams. Atlanta should be a good team next year.

We have his Bird rights, we won't be tapping into the MLE at all with Z. We are also already over the cap and project to be for a while. Maybe if you are luxury tax aversive you would want to stay away from giving Z ~$5-6 mil a year but he will likely get that money from someone else in the NBA, why not keep him? Maybe DA but he certainly isn't a banger and Z is.

We have his Bird rights, we won't be tapping into the MLE at all with Z. We are also already over the cap and project to be for a while. Maybe if you are luxury tax aversive you would want to stay away from giving Z ~$5-6 mil a year but he will likely get that money from someone else in the NBA, why not keep him? Maybe DA but he certainly isn't a banger and Z is.

I hadn't taken that into consideration.

Boy the Hawks are really going to be in bad shape very soon if ownership won't go too far over cap.

Will ownership spend the money is the next question.

I like Zaza, just not for 25 million.

Then again didn't BK pay him 16 over 4 years to get him here?

My guess on the $25 mil contract is comparing it to guys like Kapono and the like. All it takes are a couple of teams bidding against each other for Zaza to get a contract that is a little beyond what his production "value" is. Hence, 4 yrs and 25 mil. Its just a guess and the actual number may be less (or, gasp, more), but not too much.

Re: ownership issue. Yeah, I am very concerned that the ASG will order a gutting of the franchise like what they have already done to the Thrashers. A little perspective- the Thrashers had to overpay a junk FA defenseman to get themselves to the MINIMUM salary this off season.

We could see a fire sale over the summer. :Nail Biting: :kickcan:

My guess on the $25 mil contract is comparing it to guys like Kapono and the like. All it takes are a couple of teams bidding against each other for Zaza to get a contract that is a little beyond what his production "value" is. Hence, 4 yrs and 25 mil. Its just a guess and the actual number may be less (or, gasp, more), but not too much.

Re: ownership issue. Yeah, I am very concerned that the ASG will order a gutting of the franchise like what they have already done to the Thrashers. A little perspective- the Thrashers had to overpay a junk FA defenseman to get themselves to the MINIMUM salary this off season.

We could see a fire sale over the summer. :Nail Biting: :kickcan:

My belief is the ASG wanted to get into the basketball business and got stuck with a hockey team.

My belief is the ASG wanted to get into the basketball business and got stuck with a hockey team.

My understanding is that its more complex than that. The Washington group wanted to get into hockey and the Atlanta group wanted to get into basketball. Belkin, I suppose, wanted just basketball as well.

Seems like basketball is winning right now, but if the ownership group keeps loosing money, they won't be in the business of either for much longer...