• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

AP's interpretation implies MW absence is due more to fitness than actual injury.

HAWKS1986

Ignorance? Your continued attempts to justify Marvin's impact on this team and behind the three point-arc is laughable.

Sounds rational to me. Shooting better then 35% on more then 2.5 3pt FG attempts per game is pretty darn solid.

This AP article suggests ..and his coach as well... that Marvin lacks the physical and mental endurance to be impact player for the Hawks, and when the Hawks need him most, the injury-excuse seems to pop up...

No where does it suggest that. Its just a voice in your head talking to you. A sprained wrist on your shooting hand is not an "excuse" and no where does it imply that it is an excuse in the article. Have you ever tried to shoot with a cast on your shooting hand ?

His performance or lack of performance against Cleveland may make or break his career...

Huh ? If matching up vs. Lebron James in playoff series is the make or break point of a players career then there will be plenty of guys retiring. I guess T. Prince should just hang it up huh ?

Marvin doesn't have to be the next Carmelo or Durant , but Marvin's days of stealing minutes from legitimate starters is about to be over...unless he really does something about it.

So Mo Evans is legitimate starter over Marvin Williams ?

And to insinuate Marvin has stepped up is equally laughable

Shows you didn't watch many Hawks games. He stepped many times to guard the oppositions best scorer and stepped up when the team was in scoring funks on numerous occaisons.

WHAT INJURY TO YAO ARE YOU REFERING TO IN THE TOPIOC OF THE THREAD ?

Edited by coachx

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I need to say is wow........Kwame Brown can make it damn near ten years in this league yet you think Marvin won't survive past his rookie deal? That to me seems like pure delusion.

VICK75 and his huge agenda against one player continues on. It's spreading from board to board!

• Premium Member

Unfortunately Hawks1986,

You're pitching to the wrong crowd. We have lots of Marvin homers here. They are homers for Marvin simply because we drafted him. Marvin is not a 9 million per player, but we will probably end up paying him that. Sund is no cheapskate when it comes to mediocre talent. Last year, I talked about the virtue of getting a guy like James Jones and replacing Marvin with a cheap player. While Jones is not all the way there yet, we're more afraid of him than Miami is afraid of Marvin. My point was that Marvin plays a very easy to learn position. The easiest position on the court to develop and we've been waiting for 4 years now.

I agree with you that Marvin should be looked at as tradable... but so should Childress, Speedy, Horf, Bibby, Smoove, and everybody else except Joe and Flip. But I think the going ons have shown us that we don't need Marvin to be successful. We would still like to have Marvin, especially if he's playing well, but I think it would be a mistake to overpay Marvin.

Many on this board will argue our need for Marvin and how Marvin has improved... blah blah blah. However, if we had money for one player... and Marvin, Joel Anthony, and Kirk Hinrich were available... how would you really rank them? And yes, I choose bench personnel.

Diesel, give it up, I had the same issue with Smith last year. He is not worth what the market might demand, and it sucks... At the same time for us to truely become great, Marvin is a major factor in that. He may be one of the better SF and possibly top 5 in three years. That is not easy to find or replace. That's all, love it or hate it, Marvin is likely to stay.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Unfortunately Hawks1986,

You're pitching to the wrong crowd. We have lots of Marvin homers here. They are homers for Marvin simply because we drafted him. Marvin is not a 9 million per player, but we will probably end up paying him that. Sund is no cheapskate when it comes to mediocre talent. Last year, I talked about the virtue of getting a guy like James Jones and replacing Marvin with a cheap player. While Jones is not all the way there yet, we're more afraid of him than Miami is afraid of Marvin. My point was that Marvin plays a very easy to learn position. The easiest position on the court to develop and we've been waiting for 4 years now.

I agree with you that Marvin should be looked at as tradable... but so should Childress, Speedy, Horf, Bibby, Smoove, and everybody else except Joe and Flip. But I think the going ons have shown us that we don't need Marvin to be successful. We would still like to have Marvin, especially if he's playing well, but I think it would be a mistake to overpay Marvin.

Many on this board will argue our need for Marvin and how Marvin has improved... blah blah blah. However, if we had money for one player... and Marvin, Joel Anthony, and Kirk Hinrich were available... how would you really rank them? And yes, I choose bench personnel.

Overpaying Marvin would be a monumental mistake, but if the Hawks can upgrade that small-forward position through free agency or even via the draft for 2010, then they should do it.

Many like Exodus who say ..." I guess you didn't see Marvin drop 31 in Denver (high altitude, so much for your endurance nonsense) when Bibby and Smith were out. Marvin got to the foul line 34 times in two games when JJ was out...." and my retort is so what? A handful of games out 82 and the playoffs doesn't justify extending Marvin's contract nor giving him a pay raise...Marvin isn't consistent, tends to disappear two to three times more frequently than Joe Johnson. Marvin has the ball in his hands on most nights when he plays, but often defers. Once in while, Marvin hits a three pointer, got a slam dunk or make a nice play in the 2nd quarter or middle of a contested game, but fades away like he already did his job for the night ...maybe that's why Coach Woodson takes him out..He's complacent, too content and very seldom you see MW affect the end of a game (the final six minutes)...In Marvin's four years you can count on one hand the number of big shots he has made in a contested Hawks win or the number of 25+ point games he has had... (as a sidebar for the Falcons Michael Jenkins has been a starter the past five years and got a contract extension yet-- Jenkins has never had a 100 yard game as a player nor a 1,000 yard season..)

Marvin is one of the most ineffective small forwards in Hawks history. Now this team had Dominique or even Shareff Abdur Rahim in recent years... even Ken Norman was more effective small forward than Marvin...

Marvin days as a Hawks is likely coming to an end, but this Cleveland series will either provide the final nail in Marvin's coffin or he will start to show his potential-- finally...

Edited by HAWKS1986

Overpaying Marvin would be a monumental mistake, but if the Hawks can upgrade that small-forward position through free agency or even via the draft for 2010, then they should do it.

Many like Exodus who say ..." I guess you didn't see Marvin drop 31 in Denver (high altitude, so much for your endurance nonsense) when Bibby and Smith were out. Marvin got to the foul line 34 times in two games when JJ was out...." and my retort is so what? A handful of games out 82 and the playoffs doesn't justify extending Marvin's contract nor giving him a pay raise...Marvin isn't consistent, tends to disappear two to three times more frequently than Joe Johnson. Marvin has the ball in his hands on most nights when he plays, but often defers. Once in while, Marvin hits a three pointer, got a slam dunk or make a nice play in the 2nd quarter or middle of a contested game, but fades away like he already did his job for the night ...maybe that's why Coach Woodson takes him out..He's complacent, too content and very seldom you see MW affect the end of a game (the final six minutes)...In Marvin's four years you can count on one hand the number of big shots he has made in a contested Hawks win or the number of 25+ point games he has had... (as a sidebar for the Falcons Michael Jenkins has been a starter the past five years and got a contract extension yet-- Jenkins has never had a 100 yard game as a player nor a 1,000 yard season..)

Marvin is one of the most ineffective small forwards in Hawks history. Now this team had Dominique or even Shareff Abdur Rahim in recent years... even Ken Norman was more effective small forward than Marvin...

Marvin days as a Hawks is likely coming to an end, but this Cleveland series will either provide the final nail in Marvin's coffin or he will start to show his potential-- finally...

snoophateradelogo.gif

lol Ken Norman was more effective, LMAO. You and Diesel should start really retarded club, lol.

lol Ken Norman was more effective, LMAO. You and Diesel should start really retarded club, lol.

Look at the their comparable stats.. beyond the stats, Norman was more of a go-to guy than Marvin ever was...or will be...

Marvin is the one who is worthy of LOL... and if he gets a big extension, Marvin will be laughing all the way to the bank..

First offensive touch of Cleveland game...wide open three opportunity... and defers, and tries to take it inside and loses the ball CLASSIC... which leads to two points at the other end... where's the excuses EXODUS? Marvin still has time to get it right and SHOW UP AND HAVE IMPACT, but very ironic how Marvin started in the Cleveland game..

No hating needed, just truth telling...

Marvin's turnover help Cleveland get momentum in 1st quarter and up by four.. Marvin has to show up for himself and his team...

I am watching the game, you're watching the game... and there's Marvin (screwing up)...but he still can make amends.. hit some impact threes--please..

First offensive touch of Cleveland game...wide open three opportunity... and defers, and tries to take it inside and loses the ball CLASSIC... which leads to two points at the other end... where's the excuses EXODUS? Marvin still has time to get it right and SHOW UP AND HAVE IMPACT, but very ironic how Marvin started in the Cleveland game..

Man you are clueless. He just got in the game for chrissakes. Get a grip.

Given the way Lebron lit up Evans it just shows how much we need Marvin starting.

Edited by exodus

Man you are clueless. He just got in the game for chrissakes. Get a grip.

Given the way Lebron lit up Evans it just shows how much we need Marvin starting.

Sticks and stones, exodus. The truth is there for everyone to see. I REALLY WANT TO BE PROVEN WRONG...

If you are twittering Marvin, tell him to SHOW UP AND MAKE THREES...right now..

Offensive foul..Marvin Williams.. Cleveland trying to build lead--crowd getting into it. Hawks have stuck with Cavs, but Marvin's mistake-prone, non-impact play beginning to hurt Hawks.

I am an eternal optimist. Go Marvin!

Sticks and stones, exodus. The truth is there for everyone to see. I REALLY WANT TO BE PROVEN WRONG...

If you are twittering Marvin, tell him to SHOW UP AND MAKE THREES...right now..

Kind of hard with a bad shooting hand. Of course you would know nothing about that. looks like he just landed on it.

1-2 FT from the line... give him a gold medal... (I know his wrist his hurting)..Well, I applaud his courage, but Cleveland is going to GIVE him that UNCONTESTED three-point shot ALL NIGHT LONG..but he won't take advantage of it..(so far)

The negative Marvin effect tightening Hawks team play (playing tentative), Cleveland runs out to double digit lead.

..And Lebron is on the bench (RESTING) and we can't take advantage..Damn...

Edited by HAWKS1986

1-2 FT from the line... give him a gold medal... (I know his wrist his hurting)..Well, I applaud his courage, but Cleveland is going to him that three-point shot ALL NIGHT LONG..but he won't take advantage of it..

The negative Marvin effect tightening Hawks team play (playing tentative), Cleveland runs out to double digit lead.

..And Lebron is on the bench (RESTING) and we can't take advantage..Damn...

I am sure Marvin is the reason Smith missed that dunk.

Ex,

Josh's inside play thus far has been the reason the Hawks have stayed within single digits... if Marvin can hit some outside shots that would be great...

I see Coach has sat Marvin ineffective self on the bench (to reflect)... Could you please twitter him Ex and tell him Cleveland is going to let him have that three-point shot all night--if he has the COURAGE TO TAKE IT...Thanks Ex (LOL)..