• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The whole "offensive coordinator" idea.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

A Cavs' fan on RealGM claimed that taking the offensive responsibilities off of Mike Brown has been as important as the addition of Mo Williams.

Do you think the Hawks would consider such a move for Woodson? It makes a lot of sense...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Since this is probably the best thing we can hope for, I'm all for it because Mike Woodson has become the Jerrod of the Atlanta Spirit's Subway.

And, I still don't see how Woodson is such a good defensive coach.

And interestingly enough the TNT crew were all over the Cavs about how awful their offensive system is tonight at halftime and if you hadn't heard them talking about the Cavs you could have easily assumed it was the Hawks that they were talking about. It's amazing what an average coach can do when he's got 5 former starters as his 6-10 and arguably the best player in the world starting for him.

If anyone could fill the role of offensive coordinator on the Hawks I could easily see Mark Price being that guy but who knows if we'll ever see someone in that role while Woody is the coach.

• Premium Member
And interestingly enough the TNT crew were all over the Cavs about how awful their offensive system is tonight at halftime and if you hadn't heard them talking about the Cavs you could have easily assumed it was the Hawks that they were talking about. It's amazing what an average coach can do when he's got 5 former starters as his 6-10 and arguably the best player in the world starting for him.

If anyone could fill the role of offensive coordinator on the Hawks I could easily see Mark Price being that guy but who knows if we'll ever see someone in that role while Woody is the coach.

If we had a LeBron, Kobe, or Wade I could live with an ISO offense. But, we don't.

If we had a LeBron, Kobe, or Wade I could live with an ISO offense. But, we don't.

I doubt you would be okay with that offense then either, I know that I wouldn't. I hate that type of basketball but unfortunately the majority of NBA basketball is played like that.

• Premium Member
I doubt you would be okay with that offense then either, I know that I wouldn't. I hate that type of basketball but unfortunately the majority of NBA basketball is played like that.

It's not either. Miami constantly runs pick and rolls. The Lakers have the triangle. Utah/NO constantly run PnR's. Cleveland's ISO is nowhere near as bad is ours. But, they have LeBron and a top defense so it's not as big a deal.

They weren't hating on the Cavs system, they were getting on to LeBron. He wasn't getting others involved like he usually does.

Why is it so hard to force an "offensive coordinator" on Woody. He has 1 year left on his contract, im sure he wants to work beyond that especially in this economy making head coaching money so why wouldn't an ultimatum of "incoporate coach X's offense into your system or else" not work? Sund has all the chips in this negotiation, it's not as if Woody is making D'Antoni money to think he can get away with anything.

They weren't hating on the Cavs system, they were getting on to LeBron. He wasn't getting others involved like he usually does.

They said the Cavs have an awful offensive system. How is that not hating on their offense? I think they even said then that the Hawks aren't much better, although if I had to guess I'd say ours is worse but I haven't looked at the numbers.

• Premium Member
They said the Cavs have an awful offensive system.

Actually they were just talking about they played that HALF bad offensively. They were specifically saying LeBron played a bad half even though he had 24 points. Then they said it doesn't matter because the Hawks system isn't any better. Regardless, if we had LeBron I probably wouldn't mind an ISO offense either. The guy shoots 70% inside and is completely unstoppable.

Actually they were just talking about they played that HALF bad offensively. They were specifically saying LeBron played a bad half even though he had 24 points. Then they said it doesn't matter because the Hawks system isn't any better. Regardless, if we had LeBron I probably wouldn't mind an ISO offense either. The guy shoots 70% inside and is completely unstoppable.

Pardon me if I think that seems a bit hypocritical of you to accept an ISO offense that is as bad as the Hawks based on what a PLAYER can do on the court. So what you're saying is that if our PLAYERS were more unstoppable that you'd be okay with Woody's ISO offense?

Pardon me if I think that seems a bit hypocritical of you to accept an ISO offense that is as bad as the Hawks based on what a PLAYER can do on the court. So what you're saying is that if our PLAYERS were more unstoppable that you'd be okay with Woody's ISO offense?

Hmm, I guess you scheme based off your talent. Having great players will hide your inefficiency as a coach though because Brown is not much unlike Woody in that they have both survived based off their defensive principals and pedigree (LB, Popavich)

• Premium Member
A Cavs' fan on RealGM claimed that taking the offensive responsibilities off of Mike Brown has been as important as the addition of Mo Williams.

Do you think the Hawks would consider such a move for Woodson? It makes a lot of sense...

Yes, Please oh Please oh please...

Let's get Eddie Jordan to run our offense.

Yes, Please oh Please oh please...

Let's get Eddie Jordan to run our offense.

That might make a lot of sense and then he could be the 'coach in waiting' if Woody doesn't get it togehter. But if they bring someone in they need to be sure to give him the authority to do what he needs to do so he doesn't get run over by Woody.

I think assigning an offensive responsibility to someone would be the first move...

• Premium Member
I say no thank you to Eddie Jordan and his Princeton offense

That offense would be perfect for our skillsets.

Can't you see Josh getting 8 points per on back door cuts alone