• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lebron goes yet another game without a foul called against him

NJHAWK

Cleveland is without a doubt the better team.

They are now 42 W - 2 L at home for the season.

Every one wants to play the blame game and ship everyone out of town after 1 loss to the best team in the NBA in their own building.

The Hawks held tough in the 1st half and were only down by 5 at halftime. Hawks fans have to believe that when the series gets back to Atlanta that the Hawks can put two halves together and maybe the refs treat Lebron a little more fairly.

Winning a game in Cleveland will be hard for any team to do. Their home record speaks for itself.

I agree I am from Cleveland so I support all the Cleveland Pro Teams, But I live in Atlanta so they are my "adopted teams" and I do support them as well just not over Cleveland, and the main difference is Atlanta's goal was complete by winning the 1st round, the Cavs goal is to win it all and anything below that is failure. I will say that if Lebron doesnt resign with Cleveland (which if he does I can see us winning 3 or 4 in the next 10 years) but in 2-3 years the team to beat will be the bulls and the Hawks as long as they both keep doing what they are doing and stick with it. Keep your coach you know how many times the "city" wanted our coach to get canned.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is what it is. LeBron getting the benefit of doubt on any call he's involved in throughout the game is going to happen. To beat the Cavs, it's just another obstacle the Hawks must overcome. Is it fair? Probably not. Is it realisitic? Yes.

Joe Johnson gets the same benefit, all the "stars" do and they always have, we had to deal with the same thing last year when I feel the NBA wanted a lakers-celtics final, and this year I think they want a lebron-Kobe final.......but in comparisent Joe Johnson on the season only had an avg of .4 more fouls a game then lebron in an avg of 1 minute more a game played which I think avgs out

Joe Johnson gets the same benefit, all the "stars" do and they always have, we had to deal with the same thing last year when I feel the NBA wanted a lakers-celtics final, and this year I think they want a lebron-Kobe final.......but in comparisent Joe Johnson on the season only had an avg of .4 more fouls a game then lebron in an avg of 1 minute more a game played which I think avgs out

No he doesn't, Joe gets no calls like a superstar. He also doesn't complain like a superstar. On the other hand, LeBron goes over to refs after every noncall and call on his team. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, if you want to win by being the biggest complainer for 6 years then fine but I don't want to win that way.

It is amazing that LeBron hasn't gotten a foul called on him in 3 of 5 playoff games. I think I remember there was a stretch during the season where he went 7 games without a foul called on him. Refs are afraid to blow the whistle on their poster boy in fear that they won't get to ref playoff games if King James complains about them too much. And its foolish to see someone quote in-season statistics when the behavior of refs towards LeBron has no changed one bit from regular season to playoffs. Let's keep him around though, he clearly isn't very smart so at least we can have some comic relief.

No he doesn't, Joe gets no calls like a superstar. He also doesn't complain like a superstar. On the other hand, LeBron goes over to refs after every noncall and call on his team. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, if you want to win by being the biggest complainer for 6 years then fine but I don't want to win that way.

It is amazing that LeBron hasn't gotten a foul called on him in 3 of 5 playoff games. I think I remember there was a stretch during the season where he went 7 games without a foul called on him. Refs are afraid to blow the whistle on their poster boy in fear that they won't get to ref playoff games if King James complains about them too much. And its foolish to see someone quote in-season statistics when the behavior of refs towards LeBron has no changed one bit from regular season to playoffs. Let's keep him around though, he clearly isn't very smart so at least we can have some comic relief.

ok then do it your way just keep making excuses and get knocked out in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. its not like the fan base will follow then much longer anyways, hell the braves cant even sell out playoff games, and I believe you can still get tickets to the hawks home games, its sad.

Well this isn't the first round and that didn't happen in the first game of this series. Anyone else wanna come up with stupid excuses for our AWFUL OFFENSIVE GAMEPLAN?

Who the hell is making excuses? By the way, I am not even a hawks fan, I just post here because I live in Atlanta and go to the Phillips arena all the time.

But a person has to be a major homer not to see how Lebron gets all the calls. Yeah, stars generally get all the calls, but what happens to Lebron is unprecedented. Lebron is shooting about 25% more FTs per shot than Michael Jordan. And while other players might be also averaging under 2 fouls a game, I guarantee that no player that is leading his team in steals is averaging anything close to that. The fact is that the league has been trying to prop up new stars to be next jordan and giving them the benefit of every doubt. They did it with Wade in 2006, and now they are doing it without any shame to Lebron.

Lebron shot more free throws than the entire Pistons team. This is not an excuse, an opinion, or anything like that. That is a fact. He is the only guy to be on the top 10 in steals AND on the top 10 in least fouls per 48 minutes. He is the only one on the top 5 in free throws attempts per game to be on the top 10 is least fouls per minute.

That only happens if every single 50-50 call goes your way.

ok then do it your way just keep making excuses and get knocked out in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. its not like the fan base will follow then much longer anyways, hell the braves cant even sell out playoff games, and I believe you can still get tickets to the hawks home games, its sad.

Sad would be having a major franchise move away from your city. Has that ever happened to you Cleveland?

Who the hell is making excuses? By the way, I am not even a hawks fan, I just post here because I live in Atlanta and go to the Phillips arena all the time.

But a person has to be a major homer not to see how Lebron gets all the calls. Yeah, stars generally get all the calls, but what happens to Lebron is unprecedented. Lebron is shooting about 25% more FTs per shot than Michael Jordan. And while other players might be also averaging under 2 fouls a game, I guarantee that no player that is leading his team in steals is averaging anything close to that. The fact is that the league has been trying to prop up new stars to be next jordan and giving them the benefit of every doubt. They did it with Wade in 2006, and now they are doing it without any shame to Lebron.

Lebron shot more free throws than the entire Pistons team. This is not an excuse, an opinion, or anything like that. That is a fact. He is the only guy to be on the top 10 in steals AND on the top 10 in least fouls per 48 minutes. He is the only one on the top 5 in free throws attempts per game to be on the top 10 is least fouls per minute.

That only happens if every single 50-50 call goes your way.

ok Lebron shot 9 free throws last night, J.Smith shot 10, whats your point, D.West didnt have a foul called on him all game as well maybe the refs are afraid to blow the whistle on him as well, haha. ever think that we are better coached, and more disciplined. answer this how many flagarent fouls/technicals where called on the Hawks in the 1st round. thats discipline, you dont see lebron trying to put the ball between his legs to dunk and miss it, haha thats showboating. I am not saying Lebron doesnt get noncalls, and calls in his favor im saying its nothing new, maybe for you hawks fans, but I had to watch Jordan push off and get calls on the cavs for 10 years, like craig echlo, mark price. its nothing new its something you have to come to gribs with

Sad would be having a major franchise move away from your city. Has that ever happened to you Cleveland?

yep that sucked, but you know what we still sell out every game even if we are horrible, and look it up we have the largest fan club in all of sports

yep that sucked, but you know what we still sell out every game even if we are horrible, and look it up we have the largest fan club in all of sports

Actually Manchester United has that claim. You sure didn't have great attendance before LeBron and you sure as hell won't after he leaves for NY. Here is some information you might find helpful:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance?year=2003

See thats the attendance of your city before LeBron. Worse than ours by a lot. You probably didn't know that because you didn't pay attention to your franchise until you drafted LeBron.

Actually Manchester United has that claim. You sure didn't have great attendance before LeBron and you sure as hell won't after he leaves for NY. Here is some information you might find helpful:

See thats the attendance of your city before LeBron. Worse than ours by a lot. You probably didn't know that because you didn't pay attention to your franchise until you drafted LeBron.

nope didnt pay attention to mark price, brad daughty,craig echlo, danny ferry, didnt pay attention to any of them

ok Lebron shot 9 free throws last night, J.Smith shot 10, whats your point, D.West didnt have a foul called on him all game as well maybe the refs are afraid to blow the whistle on him as well, haha. ever think that we are better coached, and more disciplined. answer this how many flagarent fouls/technicals where called on the Hawks in the 1st round. thats discipline, you dont see lebron trying to put the ball between his legs to dunk and miss it, haha thats showboating. I am not saying Lebron doesnt get noncalls, and calls in his favor im saying its nothing new, maybe for you hawks fans, but I had to watch Jordan push off and get calls on the cavs for 10 years, like craig echlo, mark price. its nothing new its something you have to come to gribs with

Again, Im not a hawks fan, so don't start with this crap. And you are leaving out the part where Smith played 41 minutes and Lebron 34.

And please, how can you explain Lebron taking 25% more free throws per shot than Jordan? How can you explain him being the only one on the top 10 least fouls per minute to be on the top 10 in steals, and top 5 in free throws attempts.

Joe Johnson does not get the same respect from officials as LeBron James does. That's dumb to even suggest. I don't care what numbers, averages, state.

LeBron is an icon. He's the face of the NBA. Fans love him, obviously...and the longer he plays, and his team, the better PR for the league. That being said, maybe LeBron has "earned" his preferential treatment, I dunno. All I do know is, Joe Johnson just isn't a common name, he's a common player in the refs eyes compared to LeBron.

Again, Im not a hawks fan, so don't start with this crap. And you are leaving out the part where Smith played 41 minutes and Lebron 34.

And please, how can you explain Lebron taking 25% more free throws per shot than Jordan? How can you explain him being the only one on the top 10 least fouls per minute to be on the top 10 in steals, and top 5 in free throws attempts.

so i guess the 17 turnovers are the refs doing as well

Joe Johnson does not get the same respect from officials as LeBron James does. That's dumb to even suggest. I don't care what numbers, averages, state.

LeBron is an icon. He's the face of the NBA. Fans love him, obviously...and the longer he plays, and his team, the better PR for the league. That being said, maybe LeBron has "earned" his preferential treatment, I dunno. All I do know is, Joe Johnson just isn't a common name, he's a common player in the refs eyes compared to LeBron.

I agree I was just throwing the numbers out there because they are not to far off when it comes to fouls called, so with what you said it doesnt seem like lebron gets favored to much if his stats are only slightly lower then joe johnson's

What does that have to do with anything?

I have no doubt that the cavs are a better team right now than the hawks. Doesn't change the facts that Lebron is getting more calls than anyone in history with the possible exception of Wade in the 2006 finals. Not even Jordan got away with so much. The stats are there to prove it.

Nope. That was all Hawks. They played poorly.

I don't know why you're denying the fact LeBron has an advantage in officiating. If I were you, I'd embrace it! I would love for the Hawks to have a player the NBA drools over, uber-talented, and can work the refs. It's not a bad thing if you're a fan!!! It's bad for the other teams.

I agree I was just throwing the numbers out there because they are not to far off when it comes to fouls called, so with what you said it doesnt seem like lebron gets favored to much if his stats are only slightly lower then joe johnson's

lebrons highest FT total was in 05-06 with 814 attempts Jordan has 2 years which he shot more, with his highest being 972. and watch out kevin martin shot more FT/a game then lebron

Nope. That was all Hawks. They played poorly.

I don't know why you're denying the fact LeBron has an advantage in officiating. If I were you, I'd embrace it! I would love for the Hawks to have a player the NBA drools over, uber-talented, and can work the refs. It's not a bad thing if you're a fan!!! It's bad for the other teams.

I have never said he doesnt get the favorable calls, my point is that is how the NBA has always been, hell I went through the same thing in the late 80's early 90's with Jordan and the Cavs. hell one of Jordans biggest highlights is a push off of craig echlo to win a game

and I am sorry, should of said one of the largest in the world, and we are the only team every to move cities but keep all of our stats