• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lebron goes yet another game without a foul called against him

NJHAWK

lebrons highest FT total was in 05-06 with 814 attempts Jordan has 2 years which he shot more, with his highest being 972. and watch out kevin martin shot more FT/a game then lebron

The part you are leaving out is that in 05-06 Lebron shot the ball 1823 times, and the 2 years Jordan shot more free throws than that he shot the ball 2279 and 1998 times. In other words, in 86-87, when Jordan shot 972 FTs, he shot 0.42 FT per FG attempt. Lebron shot 0.44 FTs per FGA.

Now, the other part you are leaving out is that Jordan only shot more than 700 free throws 5 times in his 15 year career, while Lebron has shot more than 700 FTs 4 times in his 6 year career.

On a per game basis, MJ only shot more than 9 FTs per game 4 times in his 15 year career, and Lebron has done that 4 times in his 6 year career.

On a per shot basis, which is more important, Jordan's career was 0.36 FT per FGA, while Lebron's is 0.41 and increasing.

Any way you cut it, Lebron gets more calls than Jordan.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope didnt pay attention to mark price, brad daughty,craig echlo, danny ferry, didnt pay attention to any of them

I don't think Hawksfanatic was referring to the Mark Price hey-deys....or when LeBron showed up. He was speaking of the over a decade ineptness the Cavs experienced after Price, and before LeBron. You're coming off as a typical bandwagon jumper....hop on when they're decent - 20 years ago, or when they draft a "King"...

The part you are leaving out is that in 05-06 Lebron shot the ball 1823 times, and the 2 years Jordan shot more free throws than that he shot the ball 2279 and 1998 times. In other words, in 86-87, when Jordan shot 972 FTs, he shot 0.42 FT per FG attempt. Lebron shot 0.44 FTs per FGA.

Now, the other part you are leaving out is that Jordan only shot more than 700 free throws 5 times in his 15 year career, while Lebron has shot more than 700 FTs 4 times in his 6 year career.

On a per game basis, MJ only shot more than 9 FTs per game 4 times in his 15 year career, and Lebron has done that 4 times in his 6 year career.

On a per shot basis, which is more important, Jordan's career was 0.36 FT per FGA, while Lebron's is 0.41 and increasing.

Any way you cut it, Lebron gets more calls than Jordan.

\

Good stats, very impressive, let me play devils advocate, shaq shot more the 9fts a game 12 years, he has over 700FTS 8 years, and his FG/FT stats look like 18793 FGA, to 10,895 FTA, which would be .58% so therefore you could say the same thing about Shaq in a way higher degree

I don't think Hawksfanatic was referring to the Mark Price hey-deys....or when LeBron showed up. He was speaking of the over a decade ineptness the Cavs experienced after Price, and before LeBron. You're coming off as a typical bandwagon jumper....hop on when they're decent - 20 years ago, or when they draft a "King"...

I am not a bandwagon jumper I am from Cleveland (kent) Ohio my teams are the Cavs, Indians, and Browns. I currently live in Atlanta so I also root for the Atlanta teams (when they are not playing cleveland) its funny to hear someone call a cleveland fan a bandwagoner, haha we must be good

I was prob. the same place hawks fans have been for the past 10 years

Good stats, very impressive, let me play devils advocate, shaq shot more the 9fts a game 12 years, he has over 700FTS 8 years, and his FG/FT stats look like 18793 FGA, to 10,895 FTA, which would be .58% so therefore you could say the same thing about Shaq in a way higher degree

LOL. I think that could be a little skewed...I mean, when teams INTENTIONALLY foul to put a player purposefully at the line - in the case of Shaq - your argument holds no water...

The difference is that:

1- centers are always in the paint, so they shoot more free throws anyway. According to 82games.com, in 02-03, 67% of all his shots were either dunks or in the paint. Meanwhile, in 05-06, only 35% of Lebron shots were in the paint or dunks. There are more fouls in the paint, so that right there shows the difference. In fact, it only corroborates the idea that Lebron gets all the calls. He shoots free throws on a rate that only centers do, even though he spends most of the time shoothing jump shots from outside.

2- Most teams intentionally foul Shaq because he is such a terrible FT shooter.

So Lebron shoots FTs on a rate that is similar to someone who spends all his time in the paint and gets intentionally fouled all the time.

and I am sorry, should of said one of the largest in the world, and we are the only team every to move cities but keep all of our stats

Typical moronic Clevelander, thinking your team or city is so special or unique. In reality it is as bland as they come, except for the sucking aspect. Most cities don't suck for as long as Cleveland has, thats the only unique thing.

Only team "every" to move cities but keep all of your stats? I don't know about "every" or even "ever" especially since Seattle has that same deal in place when/if they get a new team for basketball. St. Louis Rams did the same thing in the 40s. I could point out that teams like the Ravens (you are familiar with them right?) still use Baltimore Colts stats in their media guide as do numerous others.

I did stumble across something "unique" for your city. How about being known for having the gayest mascot possible? Yup, the famed Cleveland Browns real mascot isn't a "dawg" but a brownie elf. Here is what it looks like:

Browns_1950_Logo.PNG

Edited by hawksfanatic

LOL. I think that could be a little skewed...I mean, when teams INTENTIONALLY foul to put a player purposefully at the line - in the case of Shaq - your argument holds no water...

ok maybe this one will be better, since it involves the same position. Charles Barkley has 15605 FGA and 8643 FTA, which comes out to .55 which is higher then lebron's. The point is Lebron gets the calls, he does but so does every other superstar.

Typical moronic Clevelander, thinking your team or city is so special or unique. In reality it is as bland as they come, except for the sucking aspect. Most cities don't suck for as long as Cleveland has, thats the only unique thing.

Only team "every" to move cities but keep all of your stats? I don't know about "every" or even "ever" especially since Seattle has that same deal in place when/if they get a new team for basketball. St. Louis Rams did the same thing in the 40s. I could point out that teams like the Ravens (you are familiar with them right?) still use Baltimore Colts stats in their media guide as do numerous others.

I did stumble across something "unique" for your city. How about being known for having the gayest mascot possible? Yup, the famed Cleveland Browns real mascot isn't a "dawg" but a brownie elf. Here is what it looks like:

Browns_1950_Logo.PNG

yep, and you have the Falcons, whose history is what!!!!!!!!!! what history does Atlanta sports have? who is the falcons stand out player? any championships of any kind, Atlanta has only 1 championship in history

Browns_1950_Logo.PNG

wow and the falcons have 2 players in the hall of fame, haha we have 16, and I know that you will say that we have been around longer but 7 of ours played after the falcons started in 1966.

ok maybe this one will be better, since it involves the same position. Charles Barkley has 15605 FGA and 8643 FTA, which comes out to .55 which is higher then lebron's. The point is Lebron gets the calls, he does but so does every other superstar.

Again, Barkley spent all his time in the paint, Lebron doesn't. And you are leaving out the other part of the equation: these players got fouled all the time, but also got called for fouls all the time. Lebron gets fouled all the time, but never fouls.

So, again, trying to compare an undersized power forward who spent all the time in the paint playing against players who on average were 4 inches taller than him to Lebron, who only shoots in the paint about 35% of the time, only shows what we are talking about.

And in any case, Lebron's numbers are still increasing. This post-season, he is trying 0.7 fts per FGA...

Honestly I didnt start this thread trying to say the Hawks were the better team last night or that they would have won if the refs were fair. My whole point is that how can Lebron throw guys around and smash into people on defense and offense and not have one foul go against him? We all know about star treatment when they drive to the basket and get to go to the line, I can almost accept that because its been that way forever. Im talking about a guy commiting obvious hard fouls on our players and not getting called for jack, not borderline calls but calls that a grade school ref could make. Then they turned last night game into a friggin shoe commercial with that pair of shoes he was wearing and all those Witness tshirts in the front row. I mean if Stern wants it fixed like the wwf why even watch?

Again, Barkley spent all his time in the paint, Lebron doesn't. And you are leaving out the other part of the equation: these players got fouled all the time, but also got called for fouls all the time. Lebron gets fouled all the time, but never fouls.

So, again, trying to compare an undersized power forward who spent all the time in the paint playing against players who on average were 4 inches taller than him to Lebron, who only shoots in the paint about 35% of the time, only shows what we are talking about.

And in any case, Lebron's numbers are still increasing. This post-season, he is trying 0.7 fts per FGA...

oh well he gets calls its part of the game something you have to deal with I am sorry it is like that but it is. Good luck this series, but I still think the hawks are 2 years away from being championship caliber which I hope they become I dont hate the hawks living in Atlanta I actually root for them unless they are playing the cavs. Hope to see you at the game, Im going Monday Ill be in my St. Vincent-St Marry's Lebron Jersey

everyone in Cleveland has a witness t-shirt because we witnessed him come up from high school, similiar to what atlanta has done with Jeff Francour, except Lebron is a superstar

wow and the falcons have 2 players in the hall of fame, haha we have 16, and I know that you will say that we have been around longer but 7 of ours played after the falcons started in 1966.

Are you really bragging about a team that has never made it to the Super Bowl?

Honestly I didnt start this thread trying to say the Hawks were the better team last night or that they would have won if the refs were fair. My whole point is that how can Lebron throw guys around and smash into people on defense and offense and not have one foul go against him? We all know about star treatment when they drive to the basket and get to go to the line, I can almost accept that because its been that way forever. Im talking about a guy commiting obvious hard fouls on our players and not getting called for jack, not borderline calls but calls that a grade school ref could make. Then they turned last night game into a friggin shoe commercial with that pair of shoes he was wearing and all those Witness tshirts in the front row. I mean if Stern wants it fixed like the wwf why even watch?

and to be honest we have been waiting since 1964 let us have one, lol, we deserve it, I could say im a cowboys, yankee, and lakers fan but I dont I want to know how it feels to have a championship team and know that it really is my team. similar to how you got the 95 world series